• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Just got these 2 done at the Baltimore Comic Con this weekend.

The 1st one is with CGC getting the Signature Series treatment.

"Firefly" by Eric Henson. :cloud9:

FireflybyEricHansen-1.jpg

11x17 "Firefly" by SL Gallant (G.I. Joe ARAH artist). :cloud9:

FireflybySLGallant.jpg

Holy !!!! :o

(worship)(worship)(worship) - NICE!

(What blank is that????)

Thanks!

The Gallant looks better in person. I need to get a better picture.

No blank cover. I just printed the G.I. Joe logo onto a giant shipping label, and stuck it to a magazine size backing board to make it sturdy. Presto, custom blank cover. I really don't care about the numerical grade, so this way I get the proper logo for the character. I think it's a good idea for non-marvel characters who don't have a published blank cover.

Here is one I did for The Walking Dead to give you an idea what the finished product looks like.

AndreaMichonne1.jpg

Not really a "JOE" book, but i think it qualifies..... :grin:

Highest and only signature too!

.......opportunities to get Pat Lee's sig don't come around often.... Thanks to dscott on this one!

SAM_5433.jpg

(thumbs u - Nice - Where was Lee signing at, I missed it!

Pat was at Chicago Con. Could only afford to send 2 books, but i'm glad i got those 2 done! :banana:

I am very happy, because I have managed to complete my Classic G.I. Joe TPB collection. Currently I am a proud owner of all 15 volumes :banana::headbang:

Does anybody know why vol.7 is so expensive? Around GBP 150 in Amazon UK. I suppose that the reason is a low print run (shrug)

5-6134_zps0da6286f.jpg

I am very happy, because I have managed to complete my Classic G.I. Joe TPB collection. Currently I am a proud owner of all 15 volumes :banana::headbang:

Does anybody know why vol.7 is so expensive? Around GBP 150 in Amazon UK. I suppose that the reason is a low print run (shrug)

5-6134_zps0da6286f.jpg

Nice set! :applause:

Have any of you guys ever seen a couple of Marvel digest-sized books with the titles G.I. Joe Spy Eyes and G.I. Joe Operation Disappearance?

I've seen them but do not know much about them. They are story books for children ages 6 to 10 (total guess on my part!) I believe.

Thanks for your advice!

I'll keep scanning EBay...very proud of myself for finding a So Much Fun #63 this month for a reasonable price (bad condition, but again, I'm not as interested in grade per se)

I recently scrounged a mid grade copy of GI Joe SMF #63. Not the greatest image but it's still en route to me so I haven't scanned it yet.

SoMuchFunGIJoe63-f.jpg

I've been trying to complete that set, but the 63 just never comes up.

Have any of you guys ever seen a couple of Marvel digest-sized books with the titles G.I. Joe Spy Eyes and G.I. Joe Operation Disappearance?

I've seen them but do not know much about them. They are story books for children ages 6 to 10 (total guess on my part!) I believe.

Thanks, Silent Master!

I found the cover to G.I. Joe The Spy Eye on mycomicshops's website. You're right, it does look like beginning reader kind of book.

Any of you guys collect those G.I. Joe Choose-Your-Own Adventure books from the 80s?

Thanks, Silent Master!

I found the cover to G.I. Joe The Spy Eye on mycomicshops's website. You're right, it does look like beginning reader kind of book.

Any of you guys collect those G.I. Joe Choose-Your-Own Adventure books from the 80s?

I do have a full set of those! And a short set of GI Joe novels (geared towards 12 to 16 year olds).

I like collecting all the GI Joe printed material I can find. Even some 80's GI Joe coloring books.

Thanks, Silent Master!

I do have a full set of those! And a short set of GI Joe novels (geared towards 12 to 16 year olds).

I like collecting all the GI Joe printed material I can find. Even some 80's GI Joe coloring books.

Cool, are they any good? Do you have any pix?

It's about time I contributed to this thread and now that I've finally taken the time to mess with photobucket, here we go.

First my slabs--#21:

ARAH21_zps55724f15.jpg

Got this raw and got it signed back in 2010. Corners are razor sharp but it has a bindery tear. I was actually happy with the grade as the main point was to have a signed #21 and it was right in line with what I paid for it raw.

#155:

ARAH155_zps97937f5e.jpg

Found this box diving at my lcs about 7 years ago and paid $20 for it. When I got the chance to get it signed and graded I jumped on it. I was really happy with how it came back. At the time, Silent had the only 9.8 and this was the only 9.6 signed by Hama. Not sure if that's the case anymore . . .

Edited by HEAT Viper

Now for some art . . . I started collecting art about 2 years ago with the focus of course being G.I. Joe. I'm a big fan of Robert Atkins so I started with some Clayton Brown inks of his stuff from early in the IDW run:

Atkins2_zps6b090d2b.jpg

Long story short, I learned more, made some contacts, got lucky, and now I have this wall:

Atkins-CastroWall_zps21bf2441.jpg

Something from ARAH by S.L. Gallant--got this from him in Richmond last year--my first cover:

SLGallant_zpsc5c93867.jpg

And my most recent scores--pencilled page and inked page, first IDW Dreadnoks:

dreadnoks_zps46ab5831.jpg

And that's all . . .

For now . . .