• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Thanks,all. Took me a little while, but I found one. The only bad thing is that there's a small stain on the back that would probably bring it down to a VF+. Otherwise, solid NM. This issue belongs in the hardest books of the 80's thread. I can't imagine they made many.

I was a little worried this year; I haven't had a lot of time to focus on my Joe collection other than sending about 25 more out to be signed (which I haven't got back yet!) but it looks like I retained my spot again!

comic_best_category2012.gif

However I would like to recognize jrs069 in the #2 slot - he has managed to complete his set AND somehow find himself a copy of GI Joe #53 2nd print in 9.8!!! He's the man!!! (I hope he get's tired of those and sells me the few he has I need!!!!!)

I was a little worried this year; I haven't had a lot of time to focus on my Joe collection other than sending about 25 more out to be signed (which I haven't got back yet!) but it looks like I retained my spot again!

However I would like to recognize jrs069 in the #2 slot - he has managed to complete his set AND somehow find himself a copy of GI Joe #53 2nd print in 9.8!!! He's the man!!! (I hope he get's tired of those and sells me the few he has I need!!!!!)

Do the blackthorne issues count as part of the set, or is it just marvels?

Just the original 155 issues from Marvel, the Yearbooks, and the Special #1.

2nd, 3rd prints, etc?

2nd, 3rd prints, etc?

Most of the 2nd and 3rd prints, but not all are listed in the set.

Finally got this one recently. Scratch by upper staple is on the case.

cf0170ec.jpg

nice!! well done... now what about #5 and #6??

No 5 yet in high grade, but 6 is even tougher, and I managed to get these. One most likely a 9.4, and the other 8.5.

f7beda65.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GI-Joe-lot-of-613-1-155-x2-UPC-DE-Complete-Run-Set-NM-Variants-2nd-3rd-Prints-/120949752385?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c292ac241

This is quite the set and even includes the "so much fun" 3rd print of #63 although it looks in VG condition...

I am very tempted but I am sure the shipping to Canada would be $$$.

#21 9.9.. At $1350 with a day to go. I say it goes over 3000.

Sold for $2185 which is not a bad price compared to what the first 9.8s were selling for just 1-2 years ago. I should have put a serious bid in as GI JOE #21 is a grail book for me. :frustrated:

anyone collect DDP's America's Elite? I'm not after the reg issues, only the conventions and incentives. Having problems finding the 2 convention/collector's club #1's and unsurprisingly the number 11 1in 200... Anyone got these? anyone got extras??

anyone collect DDP's America's Elite? I'm not after the reg issues, only the conventions and incentives. Having problems finding the 2 convention/collector's club #1's and unsurprisingly the number 11 1in 200... Anyone got these? anyone got extras??

I might have an extra issue here and there of those. Out of town currently but give me a few days and I'll get back with you!