• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I enjoy them - they are well put together and I will really enjoy them once Volume 5 and up that have the Special Missions added in their proper reading order.

They have all the added short stories, all the art/colors have been enhanced, and the book itself is larger than the original comic book.

And they have a sharp appearance sitting on my shelve! :cloud9:

I enjoy them - they are well put together and I will really enjoy them once Volume 5 and up that have the Special Missions added in their proper reading order.

They have all the added short stories, all the art/colors have been enhanced, and the book itself is larger than the original comic book.

I may have to start hunting them down then when Amazon throws them on sale. Considering though that they are only 1/3 of the way through the run, I would like to see a few more volumes published to have confidence that they will make it through the run. The last thing I want to see is for them to have two or three volumes to go and then all of a sudden Hasbro does not renew the license and gives it to someone else.

However... I broke down and Vol 1 is on its way from Amazon.

Edited by Buzzetta

Just picked this up at Capital City CC: Larry Hama and Josh Blaylock

54g1av.jpg

Awesome! I had someone working on getting me 2 sketches from Hama but no word from him yet on whether he was successful... :wishluck:

He did a wolverine for me as well...super easy to work with! Hope yours come through!

54g1av.jpg

Awesome! I had someone working on getting me 2 sketches from Hama but no word from him yet on whether he was successful... :wishluck:

He did a wolverine for me as well...super easy to work with! Hope yours come through!

Just heard from him - no look on the sketches, Hama had plenty ahead of me I guess :sorry:

But I did get several books signed by him for my collection - I hope they all come back CGC 9.8SS!

When you get a chance lets see the Wolverine sketch!

54g1av.jpg

Just heard from him - no look on the sketches, Hama had plenty ahead of me I guess :sorry:

But I did get several books signed by him for my collection - I hope they all come back CGC 9.8SS!

When you get a chance lets see the Wolverine sketch!

I know it's not GI Joe, but since it was requested, here's the Hama Wolverine:

25p37cw.jpg

I am thoroughly impressed with Volume 1. I opened it up about an hour ago and flipped through it. The colors seem more vivid than what I remember, but I believe that is because of the paper being used. The storytelling is still a thrill ride in many cases and the best part about issues 1 through 12 is that with the exception of a few dated references, the dialogue holds up in many places as well as the premise and plots.

What surprised me is that I did not see any noticeable edits. Scarlet still lands on a guy in a Hulk costume and still the Marvel booking agent still gets them a ticket back to the Pitt. That puts my ease that issues involving the Transformers will not be omitted. I know that the Transformers reprints had some legal problems with some of their characters as well as Spider-man facing Megatron.

Good to see GI Joe will not suffer the same problems.

Ha - this was posted on Hisstank...

thought I would share...

This is a combination of both Lego and Kre-O elements...

The figures are Kre-O (Hasbro Lego knock-off) and the pieces are a mix of both brands. Interestingly after handling both brands, I can tell you that the Hasbro Kre-O brand blocks have some elements that are cheap feeling and do not bond together in the way that Lego does. I picked up a couple of sets for the GI Joe figures but immediately noticed the inferiority of the overall product. The only redeeming aspect of these sets are the high quality figures.

I'm sure it will easily fetch a couple hundred depending on the grade (maybe more). Please PM me where and when you'll be selling it!!! I have several copies and maybe 1 that might get an 8.5 to 9.0, I'd like to get me a 9.2 or higher.

Firefly by Michael Golden! :cloud9::applause: He started this at the Big Wow con and took it home to finish for me, what a great guy. I asked him to make this a mirror image to the Storm Shadow he created for me at the Wizard con in Sac a few months prior. (thumbs u

(worship)

<a  href=008_zpsc55ab490.jpg' alt='008_zpsc55ab49