• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

If I put my vote in and when you hear GI Joe mentioned the first one to topic is usually 21. I didn't even know there was a special until I joined these boards. I also see way more #1's then I do 21's lying around. 155 is just hard to find because of low printing so would seem it is more desirable but I think amount available plays a big part in this. In all my running around looking for Joe books I have actually seen more 155's in person and I have only seen 1 154 which I am still kicking myself to this day that I didn't buy.

SilentMaster I was reading the posts early on in this thread and you have the most awesome GIJoe comic collection I have ever seen. Your collection is definitely worthy of the awards you have gotten. It must have all been expensive. It is probably cheap and boring in comparison but I have recently completed a fairly comprehensive run of GI Joe comics. My collection consists of ARAH issues 1-110 in floppy copies, then issues 111-155 in GI Joe classic graphic novels(VOL.12-15). I have 1-28 In GI Joe special missions all off the newstand. Recently picked up Origins 1-23, Cobra+Cobra II all issues, and Frontline #1-18. I have all the original year books;#2 is my favorite, I really like the Oktober Guard because they are anti-heroes to me. In my collection is also included European missions #1 , 3-D #1+3, How to draw GI Joe, and vs Transformers #3.I have the Stormshadow Graphic Novels and The Order of battle graphic novel Vol. #1. I plan on picking up Americas Elite soon. I am now wondering what to collect next as I am enjoying re-reading everyone of theses issues in the last 6 months. Should I fill in the few blanks of what I have ?Or could anyone recommend any additional GI Joe series that I might like ,as I am wanting to move away from "super hero" comics for the time being. Thx.

SilentMaster I was reading the posts early on in this thread and you have the most awesome GIJoe comic collection I have ever seen. Your collection is definitely worthy of the awards you have gotten. It must have all been expensive. It is probably cheap and boring in comparison but I have recently completed a fairly comprehensive run of GI Joe comics. My collection consists of ARAH issues 1-110 in floppy copies, then issues 111-155 in GI Joe classic graphic novels(VOL.12-15). I have 1-28 In GI Joe special missions all off the newstand. Recently picked up Origins 1-23, Cobra+Cobra II all issues, and Frontline #1-18. I have all the original year books;#2 is my favorite, I really like the Oktober Guard because they are anti-heroes to me. In my collection is also included European missions #1 , 3-D #1+3, How to draw GI Joe, and vs Transformers #3.I have the Stormshadow Graphic Novels and The Order of battle graphic novel Vol. #1. I plan on picking up Americas Elite soon. I am now wondering what to collect next as I am enjoying re-reading everyone of theses issues in the last 6 months. Should I fill in the few blanks of what I have ?Or could anyone recommend any additional GI Joe series that I might like ,as I am wanting to move away from "super hero" comics for the time being. Thx.

One Joe series missing from your list is Snake-Eyes Declassified (2005 by Devils Due)

It basically takes all of Larry Hama's stories about Snake-Eye's origin and puts it into one story in chronological order.

It's all in the ARAH Marvel series; however, in the ARAH Marvel series it's spread out and not in order.

One Joe series missing from your list is Snake-Eyes Declassified (2005 by Devils Due)

It basically takes all of Larry Hama's stories about Snake-Eye's origin and puts it into one story in chronological order.

It's all in the ARAH Marvel series; however, in the ARAH Marvel series it's spread out and not in order.

I agree with Maloney; I enjoyed all the Declassified books: Snake-Eyes, GI Joe, Dreadnoks, Scarlett (some more than others).

You should keep on reading the original series too by picking up 155.5 - current. These have been reprinted in TPB and even large hardcovers.

Maybe you would be kind enough to clarify : are the declassified books old material from the ARAH series reprinted or are they completely new stories altogether? From the product description in the link you gave me maloney414 it actually looks like new material. Thx.

Maybe you would be kind enough to clarify : are the declassified books old material from the ARAH series reprinted or are they completely new stories altogether? From the product description in the link you gave me maloney414 it actually looks like new material. Thx.

Somewhere in the middle. lol

It's not a reprint. New writer, new art, new comics. However, Snake-Eyes Declassified is a retelling of Larry Hama's story.

So it begins with Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and Stalker serving together in the military and Storm Shadow jumps out of the helicopter to save Snake-Eyes (like in ARAH 26), Firefly and Zartan's roles are explained (like in Joe 84 and 126), Zartan kills Hard Master and Storm Shadow is blamed (Joe 27), Storm Shadow joins cobra, Stalker recruits Snake-Eyes to joe team, Snake-Eyes gets disfigured saving Scarlet in helicopter crash, etc..... (thumbs u

Thank you to all who replied to my questions. I just picked up America's Elite, which gives me a whole heap of the "continuity storyline ". I think now issues 155+1/2 and 156, GI Joe special(expensive!) sound most interesting to me. I would like to pick up the Oktober Guard TPB and I will most definitely look into the Declassified stories as well. :wishluck: Thanks again. Yo Joe!

My latest commission in the works:

imagejpg1_zps6a2cad1f.jpg

It is getting inked (full color) this week, so updates to come!

I was looking back through the thread, and don't know how I missed this.

That is really awesome!!! (thumbs u (thumbs u

My Robert Atkins Firefly sketch cover just arrived back from CGC.

It was submitted and fast tracked at NYCC. Came back a 9.8 too! (thumbs u

GIJoe196CGCRobertAtkinsFireflysmaller_zps33dc7c83.jpg

Awesome! :applause: One of the best sketches I've seen on these boards, period. I voted for it! (thumbs u

My Robert Atkins Firefly sketch cover just arrived back from CGC.

It was submitted and fast tracked at NYCC. Came back a 9.8 too! (thumbs u

GIJoe196CGCRobertAtkinsFireflysmaller_zps33dc7c83.jpg

Awesome! :applause: One of the best sketches I've seen on these boards, period. I voted for it! (thumbs u

I agree, this sketch is absolutely AWESOME!!!!

Thanks - I am eager to see it finished!!!

Thanks - I am eager to see it finished!!!

Looks great, who's the artist? I've had a few ideas for Joe commissions but I've never followed through as I haven't found an artist doing commissions that's got GI Joe samples (so I know I'll get something I'm looking for). I do have an Atkins cover on the way, but now looking for something in multiple character 11x17.