• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

Just roughly wanted to get an idea of how much you think it will cost me to pick up the rest of these books.

ARAH 2,15,16,17,19,22,23,27,28,87,88,94,95,106,127,129,132,133,154

GI Joe 3D 1,4,5,6

European missions 2,3,4,5,13,14,15

Digest Magazines 10,11

GI Joe special 1

Looking at 9.2 range raw first prints. I know 154 and special 1 are probably the costly ones of the group.

Just looking at roughly how much it is going to complete the rest of what I want for GI Joe books and if there is any other books I am unaware of in that list that might be hard to get other then the special and 154.

Thanks

#2 isn't that hard to find in a higher grade but may be pricey...the #5 and #6 3D books are tricky to find in any grade, and you would probably be paying a decent price for higher grade ( I don't collect high grade so I'm guessing but maybe at least $50 each for 9.2?).

What are you trying to complete? If you consider the so much fun #63 part of what your finishing that would be really pricey in 9.2 (good and very good quality go for $80 or so).

The rest shouldn't be that difficult to find

Hope this helps

so much fun#63? What book is that?

I am trying to finish my 80's joe collection. I am getting close. I am sure I will find the 3d joe books for not that bad of a price. Found the others at $1 each. Just have to be patient and keep eyes open. #2 I am assuming probably $10. The rest should be all $2 roughly except the 154 which I assuming in the 40-50 range. I know the special will be the most costly book.

After that is done going to hunt down 2nd and third prints but I havnt worked on putting together a master list for that. #2 is done I think since I have large and small 75 centers of that.

There was a company reprinting comics in the 80s called "So much fun". They did a reprint of GI Joe #63- most would consider it the "third" print of this book, as there is a first and second print by Marvel. There were apparently like 5000 printed- they are around but rare.

You can tell the difference by the "so much fun" box where the UPC would be, and the "Classic" written on the cover under the "GI Joe"

#2 isn't that hard to find in a higher grade but may be pricey...the #5 and #6 3D books are tricky to find in any grade, and you would probably be paying a decent price for higher grade ( I don't collect high grade so I'm guessing but maybe at least $50 each for 9.2?).

What are you trying to complete? If you consider the so much fun #63 part of what your finishing that would be really pricey in 9.2 (good and very good quality go for $80 or so).

The rest shouldn't be that difficult to find

Hope this helps

The most difficult ones to find will be the issue 4 of the 3D series with the number 2 printed on it instead of 4. The how to draw series #3 isn't easy. And #6 in the 3D set can be tough. Nothing impossible, but don't come up for sale too often.

Here are some pictures of my new sketch cover by Robert Atkins.

He started it at Baltimore Comic Con with pencils, but there was too much detail to finish. So he told me he'd finish it at NYCC.

FireflyinprogressbyRobertAtkins_zps2f49cfdc.jpg

RobertAtkinsFireflysmaller_zps144ac887.jpg

That is freaking cool. I did not know Atkins was going to be there or I would have had someone get me a sketch. I had A-DONIS talked into grabbing me a couple of the GI Joe #1 Con Exclusives and he messaged me back and was like "Want Atkins to do you a SS CGC on the number 1?" Ah, hell yeah!

I love Atkins work! Got these quite a while ago:

101_0205_zpsa515367c.jpg

OT: who is Stacker? I started this thread almost 9 years ago, and it says he started this thread, even though he wasn't a member until 2008? Odd. Please continue...

Wow, how does that even happen?

It's that tiny dark cloud that follows me everywhere. :shy:

OT: who is Stacker? I started this thread almost 9 years ago, and it says he started this thread, even though he wasn't a member until 2008? Odd. Please continue...

Weird....

Thanks for getting us started! Did you ever get your #21 in 9.8???

What issues of ARAH (or 80's Joe in general) are desirable? I'm thinking of going back out to the 33-cent guy one last time as he had a lot of them. Last trip I snagged a #46, 50, 53, 100, four copies of #150 and #152. In previous trips I got 3 copies of #63, another #46, two copies of #2 that turned out to be 2nd prints (blah) and something else that wasn't #21. He didn't have that issue (or #1) AFAIK.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peace,

Chip

What issues of ARAH (or 80's Joe in general) are desirable? I'm thinking of going back out to the 33-cent guy one last time as he had a lot of them. Last trip I snagged a #46, 50, 53, 100, four copies of #150 and #152. In previous trips I got 3 copies of #63, another #46, two copies of #2 that turned out to be 2nd prints (blah) and something else that wasn't #21. He didn't have that issue (or #1) AFAIK.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peace,

Chip

1, 21, 155 anddddd... yah...

Weird....

Thanks for getting us started! Did you ever get your #21 in 9.8???

You know, of all people, I never did. lol Looking at the census, I don't think it would be difficult at this point.