• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

If your "stack story" is true then your logic for keeping them is uterrly devoid of reason...

Only from your POV. Remember that.

But now that Banner is once again name-calling, insulting, and calling me a liar, I guess I'd better drop this thread before he has a stroke.

The poor guy should really learn to cool down and take a break.

joe,

w/o having read this entire thread...if you have this stack (and let's say it is 10 copies) taht would grade out at 9.4.....and you sold them each for say $1K.....you coould theoretically snag an XMEN #1 in 9.0, ASM #14 in 9.4....etc etc...wouldn't that make sense?

g

joe,

w/o having read this entire thread...if you have this stack (and let's say it is 10 copies) taht would grade out at 9.4.....and you sold them each for say $1K.....you coould theoretically snag an XMEN #1 in 9.0, ASM #14 in 9.4....etc etc...wouldn't that make sense?

Once again, yes, from YOUR POV!

Personally, I likely won't sell, but if I did, it would transform into some big-ticket electronic item that I can't sneak past the wife. I may actually do that when we buy our "final home" sometime next year.

But buying more comics would be the last thing on my mind with an extra $10K in mad money. Plasma, wall-hanger here I come!! grin.gif

joe,

Once again, yes, from YOUR POV!

Personally, I likely won't sell, but if I did, it would transform into some big-ticket electronic item that I can't sneak past the wife. I may actually do that when we buy our "final home" sometime next year.

But buying more comics would be the last thing on my mind with an extra $10K in mad money. Plasma, wall-hanger here I come!! grin.gif

From somebody who espouses a "crash" mentality, I do hope you are NOT buying a plasma screen. Wait 18 months, the price will be half of what it is now.

From somebody who espouses a "crash" mentality, I do hope you are NOT buying a plasma screen. Wait 18 months, the price will be half of what it is now.

Sure, but my bigger fear is buying one now, having to move it in 12 months, and then breaking the sucker in transit. I've heard some horror stories about those puppies.

So I'd say in 12-16 months, I'll be getting one, no matter if I overspend a tad.

I won't comment on the whole, "He has it, he doesn't" debate, but I can certainly sympathize with wanting a flat screen, HD, stick-it-on-the-wall TV. That would be sweet! thumbsup2.gif

Then again, a 9.6+ copy of More Fun Comics #73 would make me drool as well. 893applaud-thumb.gif

However, due to the fact that I watch TV for a majority of the day, the Plasma would most likely come first.

However, due to the fact that I watch TV for a majority of the day, the Plasma would most likely come first.

Definitely, and DVDs are a real source of enjoyment and relaxation for me, and it only makes sense to lay the cash down in that area, rather than stacking a few more comics on the pile.

You should see my office Scottish, the comics are encrouching, and I find a few unknown 35-centers whenever I sort and put them into storage. 27_laughing.gif

What about the past ? The book hasn't always commanded the insane price that you wish to protect people from, but it has been a steady riser for a number of years. How come you never sold at some previous time ? Have you ever sold a comic or do you still own every one you've ever bought ?

Have you ever sold a comic or do you still own every one you've ever bought ?

Pretty close to everyone I've ever bought. I have given some away to kids, tossed a few creepy ones I got on EBay, traded once or twice, and experimented briefly with selling some cheap dupes, but I'd say 99.99% of what I had, I still have.

That also includes sportscards, toys, figures and even a few boxes of still-sealed cereal premiums.

I come from a long line of packrats, and I proudly carry on that tradition. grin.gif

Have you ever sold a comic or do you still own every one you've ever bought ?

Pretty close to everyone I've ever bought. I have given some away to kids, tossed a few creepy ones I got on EBay, traded once or twice, and experimented briefly with selling some cheap dupes, but I'd say 99.99% of what I had, I still have.

That also includes sportscards, toys, figures and even a few boxes of still-sealed cereal premiums.

I come from a long line of packrats, and I proudly carry on that tradition. grin.gif

Another packrat here. My mother understood me, as she's the one that instilled the quality in me, but my wife has never understood it whatsoever. In the past few years, I've finally gotten over it a little bit, as I've divested myself of some books I've read (not comic books), and with my current magazine subscriptions, I can sometimes find the inner strength to toss those after I've read them. But I personally still have every comic book I've ever purchased or been given.

not everybody buys AND sells.... Ive never sold a comic either.

also, Im hearing that LCDs are better than plasmas.... and the whole debate is raging on preferences for either one or the other...

For me they are still too expensive and a work-in-progress technology to think about . Just like prices for 9.6s. I'm letting the TV issue settle out like I am with HG comics' prices. Ive got a 40" tube in the LR thats weighs a ton (literally) and is huge, but the picture is fine.

For me they are still too expensive and a work-in-progress technology to think about . Just like prices for 9.6s. I'm letting the TV issue settle out like I am with HG comics' prices. Ive got a 40" tube in the LR thats weighs a ton (literally) and is huge, but the picture is fine.

This is what is holding me back as well. I'm not interested in buying a 5000.00+ electronic piece only to find it breaks in the first 2 weeks.

I had to buy my wife an LCD computer monitor in order to get my new system and man is it nice! wink.gif

Ive got a 40" tube in the LR thats weighs a ton (literally) and is huge, but the picture is fine.

I need a slimline TV like no one's business. My 36" is in the family room (basement - read: cold in the winter), I have a 27" in the bedroom, but the living room/furniture/layout/patio door is not designed well for a large TV, so I have an old 21" (that I had in University) in there.

Guess which one I get relegated to at 12 AM? 893frustrated.gif

I've met thousands of people in my life, but maybe two possessed of an ethical mindset as sufficiently strong as yours (and similarly directed) to ignore the siren-song of those GS1's.

I've also only met about two people who could steadfastly refuse to show the goods and pander to their critics - knowing that if they did so they could make them look really stupid - because they were confident enough in their own position that they didn't care what others thought.

Thus far, the correllation between the two groups has been zero. In you however, not only do they cross, but they also meet a person who's luck has been, shall we say, above average.

If you really have the books, I am truly impressed. Mind you, if you hadn't taken them out of circulation for all these years, maybe the price on them wouldn't be so darned high right now ?

Sure, but my investment is $0.00, so I'm not too worried about what the crash will do. If I had spent 10's of thousands amassing them, it would be a different story.

You're so full of it. You keep telling us all that the market on common books is going to crash, we should all sell while the lemmings are buying, yet you supposedly have a stack of common books that you don't feel like selling because you didn't pay much for them. Makes a lot of sense to me. stooges.gif

Definitely, and DVDs are a real source of enjoyment and relaxation for me, and it only makes sense to lay the cash down in that area, rather than stacking a few more comics on the pile.

I can't wait for the HDDVD (or whatever it'll be called) standard to come out.