• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

So yeah, I've got quite a few GS X-Men #1's (the most common issue in those packs - returns must have been high) along with 96-99 and 101-104 issues as well. My investment was nothing, may parents paid around 10-15 cents a copy, so why not keep them?

Hmmmm... Because you think the comic market is going to crash, and that these books will be worth 50% in 5 years what they're worth now. And because they're sitting in a box, and you're getting no enjoyment out of them. And because you think the comic market is going to crash, and that these books will be worth 50% in 5 years what they're worth now? makepoint.gif

Hey Joe,

Why not humour us.....and post a scan of your GS X-MEN 1's? confused.gif

Wouldn't the satisfaction of silencing the nay-sayers be worth the effort of digging them out? confused-smiley-013.gif

HE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE TO YOU, A-HOLE!

Maybe because, as I posted in another message, they're not in my possession? I used to keep everything with me, but one time in University I had my place broken into and my CDs and stereo stolen (but the comics/cards/etc. left alone) and I since moved anything valuable to a safer area.

Plus, I don't really have anything I need to prove on here, especially since it's something as common as GS X-Men #1. It's not like I'm saying I have a stack of Action Comics #1, which I agree, would be a bit tough to swallow.

Why not sell them and buy a new car?

Well, I just bought a new CR-V (excellent city car BTW) and my wife's is only a year old. I paid for them both on the spot and own my house. Not bragging by any stretch of the imagination (as there are people on here who dwarf my assets), but if I want something (necessary to the family of course) I can usually just buy it.

I do NEED a new 21" LCD and Plasma TV though, and that's something I can't seem to convince my better half on.... 27_laughing.gif Things like that likely won't change my mind, but they are food for thought... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And in all honesty, if I really wanted some new electronic toys, I'd probably just blow off a few Gretzky rookies or my 35-centers before I started into my stored comic collection.

Well the only thing I have to say on the subject - of your X-men stash - is that you only have like 30 days to unload them before they become completely valueless in the apacolyptic comic book price crash that starts 1/1/04. I keep seeing somewhere that the disaster is impending, but I can't quite remember where.

Maybe because, as I posted in another message, they're not in my possession? I used to keep everything with me, but one time in University I had my place broken into and my CDs and stereo stolen (but the comics/cards/etc. left alone) and I since moved anything valuable to a safer area.

Plus, I don't really have anything I need to prove on here, especially since it's something as common as GS X-Men #1. It's not like I'm saying I have a stack of Action Comics #1, which I agree, would be a bit tough to swallow.

You're right you don't have anything to prove. These guys are just trying bug you to release your stash of whatever you have. thumbsup2.gif

I don't know why it would be hard to believe that you have a stash of GS X-Men #1. I'm sure all of us collectors have a stash of something. Most of us just weren't as fortunate as you. Some of us have stupid stashes of things, like Peter Porker #1, or Smurfs #1, or in my case, those unopened wax packs of Elvis trading cards!! insane.gif

You're right you don't have anything to prove. These guys are just trying bug you to release your stash of whatever you have. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, and they probably miss my old online persona and are trying to get me out of the holiday spirit. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yeah, and they probably miss my old online persona and are trying to get me out of the holiday spirit. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'm a newbie joe, so I wouldn't know about that. Is this a different joe_collector we're seeing now? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I actually remember buying a few packs of those, and then coming back to reality. "Hey, I've got Madaoona's rookie card!!".

In all honesty, I speculated off the shelf on very few occasions, and even missed a few opportunities when I gave it too much thought.

Other than the GS X-Men #1 (and others from that era) I have in duplicate from my Multi-Pack horde, I have only bought vast multiples of:

ASM 300 (and though not in the same quantity, dupes of the other MF issues) and X-Men 283 from the last-month's discount rack.

And as I noted before, I picked up a massive stack of Wolverine #1 around the same time, but put it back, and did the same thing with Hulk 340. I can still remember my buddy who owned the store telling me to buy a pile, because with "Wolvie vs. Hulk, how could it miss?"

On the other hand, I've never bought a stack of anything totally worthless, and the only time I even give it a thought is when it's just too good to be true and sitting on the discount rack.

Damn, JC why are two newbies ganging up on you? Must be that shining personality of yours. 27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

Joe just has a way of making "friends" (friend?)! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Unless they're two chicken-[!@#%^&^] shills who are afraid to face JC with real ID's.

lol!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Now... who could they be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

news.gif This isnt a shill account, my name is Martin if you really are that interested..... Back to the multi-pack thing, I've seen a few up on Ebay. Do a lot of those still exist that are unopened and in good condition???

Hey Joe...I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed...but what is the sense in holding something of value that you don't need and can cash in on while the market is high???...

If you had 1,000 shares of Xerox that you had purchased at their inception at $1/share and the price went up to $100/share and you were sure it was about to take an extreme tumble downward ...wouldn't you sell???...

I just don't see the logic here... confused-smiley-013.gif

That's what makes the world so interesting; everyone is different.

And the stock analogy is way off-base, as these were purchased for entertainment and due to sheer luck, escaped being read even once. I don't know of anyone (outside of Disney collectors) who buy stock for anything other than investment.

Plus, if I sold them, I'd lose my "forum edge". 27_laughing.gif

Think over the course of the next year you can show us a nice pic/scan?

If I ever need the money and intend to sell them, then I'll defnitely exhume them, and post some scans here.

Otherwise, I'm not taking the trip just to satisfy you guys.

If I ever need the money and intend to sell them, then I'll defnitely exhume them, and post some scans here.

Price of GS X-Men #1 stash to joe_collector......$0.00

Current price of GS X-Men #1 CGC 9.6.........$7,000

To see forum members salivate over hidden copies of GS X-Men #1.....priceless

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

popcorn.gif

Bummer, 'cause I'd sure like to see them. Oh well, about what I expected...