• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

Joe:...please don't take this personal....but...I don't believe you.... confused-smiley-013.gif

And this would matter to me because.... ?

news.gifIt doesn't...just as you claiming to have a stack of GS X-men#1 doesn't matter to me... thumbsup2.gif

If he does he does, and if he doesn't, he doesn't...... sleeping.gif

It's an old trick on here. I could say anything, and the Forum Cops will come out calling me a liar, and try to get me steamed.

It's getting pretty old, and really, it wouldn't matter if I said I had a box of Peter Parker #1's, the response would be the same.

They also know I wouldn't give them the sweat off my sister's black cat's butt, so they continue to play the "give us scans or you're a liar".

It's an old trick on here. I could say anything, and the Forum Cops will come out calling me a liar, and try to get me steamed.

It's getting pretty old, and really, it wouldn't matter if I said I had a box of Peter Parker #1's, the response would be the same.

They also know I wouldn't give them the sweat off my sister's black cat's butt, so they continue to play the "give us scans or you're a liar".

Yeah, my point was just that I'm not too personally concerned about what someone else might have, that I don't. I'm just concerned about what I need or want, and go get it. It is really great if you do have a stack of those books and you just keep them because you don't need to unload then. But, why would anyone else be concerned about them in that case? confused-smiley-013.gif

But, why would anyone else be concerned about them in that case? confused-smiley-013.gif

Because it's me, and I refuse to play their "liar, liar, pants on fire" kiddie game?

Nope...you would rather play the ..."My comics are beter than yours" kiddie game...

Bummer, 'cause I'd sure like to see them. Oh well, about what I expected...

Give, and thou shalt receive.

Great, you got a deal! Whatcha wanna see?

Okay, how's this one for a clearer image:

You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. makepoint.gif

Seriously, even with the constant harassment, if you had hooked me up with those MTU 65-66 issues, I might have scanned a few in the new year.

You see that's the difference. I really DO believe you have a box of Peter Parker #1's, just no X-Men Giant Size. If as a kid you didn't care about these why would they even have remained in high grade ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Something smells a little fishy...you have basically used every excuse known to man to escape producing any evidence.

The thing is, this isn't even just about whether you really own those books. It's about the credibility and motivation behind your whole "market crash" propoganda. I still believe you are driven by jealousy and envy, about books you'll never own and prices you'll never see. makepoint.gif

You see that's the difference. I really DO believe you have a box of Peter Parker #1's, just no X-Men Giant Size. If as a kid you didn't care about these why would they even have remained in high grade ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Something smells a little fishy...you have basically used every excuse known to man to escape producing any evidence.

The thing is, this isn't even just about whether you really own those books. It's about the credibility and motivation behind your whole "market crash" propoganda. I still believe you are driven by jealousy and envy, about books you'll never own and prices you'll never see. makepoint.gif

Again, I just say...if he does he does, if he doesn't he doesnt..... sleeping.gif

[i still believe you are driven by jealousy and envy, about books you'll never own and prices you'll never see.

Well, well, well, I really wondered if the peanut gallery would resort to personal insuts, but it was really a done-deal from the start.

I can only assume that my detractors are not in the same financial situation, and can't understand that selling these books would not influence my lifestyle in the least.

And you'd have to be a Grade-A insufficiently_thoughtful_person to not grasp why I would never do any leg-work for those who insult, harass and belittle me on these forums. Oh please, insult me some more, as that's sure to get me in gear.

But you already know this, as that's why you all act like chimps in a zoo.

Go get your banana someplace else.

[i still believe you are driven by jealousy and envy, about books you'll never own and prices you'll never see.

Well, well, well, I really wondered if the peanut gallery would resort to personal insuts, but it was really a done-deal from the start.

I can only assume that my detractors are not in the same financial situation, and can't understand that selling these books would not influence my lifestyle in the least.

And you'd have to be a Grade-A insufficiently_thoughtful_person to not grasp why I would never do any leg-work for those who insult, harass and belittle me on these forums. Oh please, insult me some more, as that's sure to get me in gear.

But you already know this, as that's why you all act like chimps in a zoo.

Go get your banana someplace else.

It's just harass joe_collector day today, I guess..... confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm also a little confused. Your name suggests you like to collect comics and no one has all the comics they'd like to own, even Ian who still needs 150+ DC's to complete his dream. So presumably, there are things that you would like to buy that you don't always have the discretionary funds to afford. Even if you don't want a new car, why not sell even one GS1 just to pay for a stack of wonderful new books to read ?

If you want to get round the whole disgusting rip off-crash cycle, may I suggest taking a few of the 9.6's and reading them with a little less care than normal, to try and turn them into 9.2's or 9.0's. These would still command a decent price but would not fall into the impending-disaster stratosphere. Then you could sell your cake and eat the profits with a clear conscience.

Okay, how's this one for a clearer image:

You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. makepoint.gif

Seriously, even with the constant harassment, if you had hooked me up with those MTU 65-66 issues, I might have scanned a few in the new year.

Same old same old - Joe makes up some outlandish story, and comes up with every excuse under the sun not to share this great stuff with us. And it really would have been great Joe - whether it was the alleged list of books for sale from your co-workers with the hi-grade late silver/early bronze Spideys and X-men they were trying to sell, or a cool picture of a stack of HG GS X-men 1. Everyone here would have appreciated either of these things Joe, but instead of something concrete and fun, you regale us with tales and stories...just like a travelling minstrel in medieval times. I guess we'll just have to wait for your "who's the worst bronze artist"..."who's the biggest scam artist in the comics industry"..."who's the worst ebay seller"..."what's the biggest ebay scam"..."I hate xxxxx (fill in the blank)".

Just so my postion is made clear...(I know...you don't give a rats azz)...but...as a (joe) collector...why would you not sell the books that you don't need, want, care about or whatever freakin' reason you have, and use the money to buy books that you do like, care about or whatever freakin' reason you have...

If your "stack story" is true then your logic for keeping them is uterrly devoid of reason...but of course...you don't give a rats azz...

A true collector doesn't collect to enhance his/her lifestyle...but of course...you know that...

sign-rantpost.gif