• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please, help me decide..

147 posts in this topic

Woah, things are heating up on the Boards today. Wish I had time to participate in all of this.

PS Sal is hilarious "There's douchebaggery afoot!". Classic Sal.

Man after scoring a 1.5 Million dollar collection this week Frank still whines and cries like a little person_without_enough_empathy, imagine what he must be like during weeks where the millions aren't rolling in (shrug)

If I scored a collection like that, I would tell everyone to Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off also :D

(worship) Too bad your eBay listings have no "make and offer" option, as I was going to offer $1 for everything. :whistle:

Now you know why I don't want that feature :busy:

You can set it to automatically accept or reject offers at certain levels. (shrug)

See, here's the problem I have... how is it in any way possible that a "low ball" offer, no matter how, deserves an insulting and derogatory email? Answer: there is no situation where it is warranted. So, to me, unless the other side of the story is that Mike ripped into him or something, the initial email is just totally unjustified.

:news: Can't do business with this guy.

I can't justify the way the guy responded either but honestly we don't know the way it went down (shrug)

When I get low ball offers sometimes I decline nicely, when I'm having a bad day I still decline nicely but believe me, there were a few times I would have liked to say what was on my mind :eek:

Besides, thats what you GA foogies deserve for collecting that junk :kidaround:

You are right Nik. No one knows what really went down. A little more did go down, and belive me if and when that comes out entirely, it will be that much more clear that I did nothing but make fair offers for the book.

I just got another e-mail.

You really have turned into quite the coward Mike.

Also if Jeff and others are really your friends in the hobby...why would you mislead and manipulate them with dishonest information?

Why would you waste everyone's time with this nonsense...the lie's to Bennie...the low ball offers...the $1.00 offer on Ebay???

I have a feeling you and I are heading into "Troubled Waters" my friend.I will contact my attorney regarding your attempts to damage my business with your nonsense, and your lie's.

I would highly suggest that you move on with your lie's and your childish rhetoric . It is very clear to me by your actions that you need to grow up. If you didn't like what I said in my email response, or if it wasn't true

why in the world would you send my email to Jeff Delaney ? I will answer that for you...to stir the pot, apparently you are a trouble maker.

I am not impressed with your internet nonsense. If you decide to be a man, and or act like a man...then come and talk to me in person in San Diego , That would

impress me.

Best,

Frank

:roflmao:

Has Frank gone off the deep end? Doesn't he know San Diego just ended??? If he's going to suggest a showdown at high noon and ten paces, at least make it closer on the calender. It should be his responsiblity to come to Mega Con for a showdown. His posse and the Central Florida Posse.

Man after scoring a 1.5 Million dollar collection this week Frank still whines and cries like a little person_without_enough_empathy, imagine what he must be like during weeks where the millions aren't rolling in (shrug)

If I scored a collection like that, I would tell everyone to Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off also :D

I have never need a collection for that.

You Floridians are a hostile bunch :o

Too much Vitamine C from all the citrus fruit :whistle:

Here is a link to the sales thread for the Startling #20. Startling #20 sales thread. Stephen bought the book and submitted it to CGC. It came back with a notation of "extra staples, not a manufacturing defect". I was with Stephen the day he picked that book up from CGC. We had lunch with a higher up at CGC. It was confirmed that there was no way that the 9.4 qualified label said that those staples were a manufacturing defect. Of course know one knows exactly what it said because it seems as though not many people have seen it.

Stephen can tell his side of the rest of that. Stephen let me read the e-mail Frank responded with. I'll just say it was on the same level as the ones Frank has sent to Jeff and me..

Later, Ben contacted me asking if I was still interested in the Startling #27. I responded. Saying that " I didn't think I would be doing business with Frank after reading his response to Stephen." I'll see If I still have those PMs and post them. I'm not scared to do that. I have done nothing wrong.

I would like to say that Ben ( Primetime) has nothing to do with all of this. he was merely a messenger.

:screwy:

I have 400 acres of orange groves in Polk County. Me hostile?

Me either.

I have 400 acres of orange groves in Polk County. Me hostile?

I thought they grew Polk Salad in Polk County hm

See, here's the problem I have... how is it in any way possible that a "low ball" offer, no matter how, deserves an insulting and derogatory email? Answer: there is no situation where it is warranted. So, to me, unless the other side of the story is that Mike ripped into him or something, the initial email is just totally unjustified.

:news: Can't do business with this guy.

I can't justify the way the guy responded either but honestly we don't know the way it went down (shrug)

When I get low ball offers sometimes I decline nicely, when I'm having a bad day I still decline nicely but believe me, there were a few times I would have liked to say what was on my mind :eek:

Besides, thats what you GA foogies deserve for collecting that junk :kidaround:

You are right Nik. No one knows what really went down. A little more did go down, and belive me if and when that comes out entirely, it will be that much more clear that I did nothing but make fair offers for the book.

I just got another e-mail.

You really have turned into quite the coward Mike.

Also if Jeff and others are really your friends in the hobby...why would you mislead and manipulate them with dishonest information?

Why would you waste everyone's time with this nonsense...the lie's to Bennie...the low ball offers...the $1.00 offer on Ebay???

I have a feeling you and I are heading into "Troubled Waters" my friend.I will contact my attorney regarding your attempts to damage my business with your nonsense, and your lie's.

I would highly suggest that you move on with your lie's and your childish rhetoric . It is very clear to me by your actions that you need to grow up. If you didn't like what I said in my email response, or if it wasn't true

why in the world would you send my email to Jeff Delaney ? I will answer that for you...to stir the pot, apparently you are a trouble maker.

I am not impressed with your internet nonsense. If you decide to be a man, and or act like a man...then come and talk to me in person in San Diego , That would

impress me.

Best,

Frank

So what lawyer here is going to be writing a letter to to Frank Drebin, Police Squad?! We have enough of them. :popcorn: The whole reporting to ebay thing for making an offer is classic.

How the hell is that book a 9.2 to begin with that impact crunch on the back :sick:

Damn GA books get all the gift grades :sumo:

Mike, I believe you dude, no need to continue about this guy. I was messin with you, besides, I don't need the CFP coming after me ;)

Here is yet another response from Frank, along with my only other response to Frank that initiated this response. Yep, the F word again.

Or What.....ahhahahahhahahhah????

ahhahahhaha The only thing here that is mildly funny is you...your offers, and the fact that you have been exposed for the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that you are.

----- Original Message -----

To: franksimmons199@comcast.net

Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 10:42 AM

Subject: Re: Startling #$27

Frank,

First, I didn't send that $1.00 offer. That is not something I would do or encourage. Although, it is mildly funny.

Second, don't ever send me a condescending or threatening e-mail again.

Mike