• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please, help me decide..

147 posts in this topic

See, here's the problem I have... how is it in any way possible that a "low ball" offer, no matter how, deserves an insulting and derogatory email? Answer: there is no situation where it is warranted. So, to me, unless the other side of the story is that Mike ripped into him or something, the initial email is just totally unjustified.

:news: Can't do business with this guy.

I can't justify the way the guy responded either but honestly we don't know the way it went down (shrug)

When I get low ball offers sometimes I decline nicely, when I'm having a bad day I still decline nicely but believe me, there were a few times I would have liked to say what was on my mind :eek:

Besides, thats what you GA foogies deserve for collecting that junk :kidaround:

lol

ebay isn/t going to do squat about someone sending a $1 offer lol

what a clown

oh noes you asked for it now heheheheehe

I do it all the time with board members. :acclaim:

See, here's the problem I have... how is it in any way possible that a "low ball" offer, no matter how, deserves an insulting and derogatory email? Answer: there is no situation where it is warranted. So, to me, unless the other side of the story is that Mike ripped into him or something, the initial email is just totally unjustified.

I can't justify the way the guy responded either but honestly we don't know the way it went down (shrug)

When I get low ball offers sometimes I decline nicely, when I'm having a bad day I still decline nicely but believe me, there were a few times I would have liked to say what was on my mind :eek:

I agree Nik, but really, at worst Mike made a "lowball" offer. This is just poor form to respond so belligerently. That's the problem. Thinking that the offer stinks is insulting is different than firing off emails trying to belittle and threaten people.

We don't "know" the way it went down, no... but having met Mike a number of times, I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't a total a-hole in his offers.

You are right Nik. No one knows what really went down. A little more did go down, and belive me if and when that comes out entirely, it will be that much more clear that I did nothing but make fair offers for the book.

I just got another e-mail.

You really have turned into quite the coward Mike.

Also if Jeff and others are really your friends in the hobby...why would you mislead and manipulate them with dishonest information?

Why would you waste everyone's time with this nonsense...the lie's to Bennie...the low ball offers...the $1.00 offer on Ebay???

I have a feeling you and I are heading into "Troubled Waters" my friend.I will contact my attorney regarding your attempts to damage my business with your nonsense, and your lie's.

I would highly suggest that you move on with your lie's and your childish rhetoric . It is very clear to me by your actions that you need to grow up. If you didn't like what I said in my email response, or if it wasn't true

why in the world would you send my email to Jeff Delaney ? I will answer that for you...to stir the pot, apparently you are a trouble maker.

I am not impressed with your internet nonsense. If you decide to be a man, and or act like a man...then come and talk to me in person in San Diego , That would

impress me.

Best,

Frank

I agree Nik, but really, at worst Mike made a "lowball" offer. This is just poor form to respond so belligerently. That's the problem. Thinking that the offer stinks is insulting is different than firing off emails trying to belittle and threaten people.

We don't "know" the way it went down, no... but having met Mike a number of times, I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't a total a-hole in his offers.

But $750 isn't a lowball offer for that book. If it would grade out at 9.0, which I think it would, that's pretty much dead-on what it would achieve at auction. Frank just can't accept that this book that he's had in a fortress for years isn't worth a lot more.

Hey look, I got a love letter, too... :cloud9:

Jeff

You are being Manipulated.

Jeff........

Are you the comic police ?

Please.... Mind your damn business!

This Jack- has sent me 3 offers way below my ask.

He has also talked alot of trash behind my back and on the boards regarding my dealings with others , namely "King Of Rulers". Do any of you guys mind your own business?

He recently told Bennie Labonog( friend of mine for about 12 years) that he wanted my Startling #27, however he would,not

not do business with me because of a deal I had with "King Of Rulers" . However since he

stated that he wouldn't do business with to Bennie he has low balled me three times...as low as $500.00 bucks. I also received an offer for $1.00 this morning and I am betting my bottom dollar that he put someone up to it. I don't have time for childish amateur hour type of B.S. FOR THE RECORD.... Mr. Rulers purchased a book from me EXCLUSIVELY VIA Bennie labonog...cracked it out, had it regraded and offered it for sale at majors shows...then 3 to 4 months later when his plan to make a certain profit margin on the purchase didn't

pan out...he started questioning my integrity and started trashing me to Ben and Mike. I never had a single conversation with "Rulers"...only Ben did....Ben represented the book with complete accuracy

and with full disclosure regarding the specific history of the book.Going forward...get your facts straight before you email me, secondly keep your nose out my business and remember there is two sides to every story.

If this is your only reason for contact in the future...please delete my email address from your address book,

Thanks,

Frank

if that's how he responds to a peacemaker, I think we can figure out how he responds to disagreements. lol

whatatool.

Man after scoring a 1.5 Million dollar collection this week Frank still whines and cries like a little person_without_enough_empathy, imagine what he must be like during weeks where the millions aren't rolling in (shrug)

Hey look, I got a love letter, too... :cloud9:

Jeff

You are being Manipulated.

Jeff........

Are you the comic police ?

Please.... Mind your damn business!

This Jack- has sent me 3 offers way below my ask.

He has also talked alot of trash behind my back and on the boards regarding my dealings with others , namely "King Of Rulers". Do any of you guys mind your own business?

He recently told Bennie Labonog( friend of mine for about 12 years) that he wanted my Startling #27, however he would,not

not do business with me because of a deal I had with "King Of Rulers" . However since he

stated that he wouldn't do business with to Bennie he has low balled me three times...as low as $500.00 bucks. I also received an offer for $1.00 this morning and I am betting my bottom dollar that he put someone up to it. I don't have time for childish amateur hour type of B.S. FOR THE RECORD.... Mr. Rulers purchased a book from me EXCLUSIVELY VIA Bennie labonog...cracked it out, had it regraded and offered it for sale at majors shows...then 3 to 4 months later when his plan to make a certain profit margin on the purchase didn't

pan out...he started questioning my integrity and started trashing me to Ben and Mike. I never had a single conversation with "Rulers"...only Ben did....Ben represented the book with complete accuracy

and with full disclosure regarding the specific history of the book.Going forward...get your facts straight before you email me, secondly keep your nose out my business and remember there is two sides to every story.

If this is your only reason for contact in the future...please delete my email address from your address book,

Thanks,

Frank

Frank seems to make a habit out of rubbing people the wrong way, and at the very least bending the truth. I'd like to start by saying that my plan to make a "certain profit margin" DID pan out as I sold it via "best offer" out of my eBay store to a very satisfied customer. Buyer left this feedback:

"Perfect in every way. Communication, integrity, an asset to ebay Thank You"

The book I bought was Startling #20 Mile High copy. The book has two extra staples that are not needed. It was sold to me as the staples being a "manufacturing defect", however upon slabbing CGC said "not manufacturing defect". The book has been graded while in Frank's hands, so he knew what the previous disclaimer said. However, that information was not stated in the sale of the book. Anyone who is in the business knows there is a substantial difference in a manufacturing defect and non-manufacturing defect. So I don't know how this part of the email is completely true:

"Ben represented the book with complete accuracy

and with full disclosure regarding the specific history of the book"

I don't blame this on Ben, because I think he was just the messenger. I really didn't even think it was a big deal, but Frank seemed to take personal offense to me contacting him about it. Either way, the book is beautiful and the best known existing copy.

Mike (mcmiles) is a close friend and I talk to him several times a week usually. So, of course he would know of the transaction. After seeing how Frank responded to me contacting him, Mike was able to form him own opinion on how Frank does business. I wasn't even angry about my transaction with Frank. However, with his these emails I am able to form an opinion regarding his personality. :tonofbricks:

There's douchebaggery afoot!

Another one to add to the pile. Someone send Frank some perspective and a pamplet on how to handle complaints without looking like a giant talking arse

Man after scoring a 1.5 Million dollar collection this week Frank still whines and cries like a little person_without_enough_empathy, imagine what he must be like during weeks where the millions aren't rolling in (shrug)

If I scored a collection like that, I would tell everyone to Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off also :D

If I scored a collection like that, I would tell everyone to Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? off also :D

(worship) Too bad your eBay listings have no "make and offer" option, as I was going to offer $1 for everything. :whistle:

a word on lowballing.

It is never, ever, ever, innapropriate to offer a lowball price on a book.

Never.

All you guys getting your panties in wads at, perish the thought, someone offering you less for your jewel than you yourself would pay need to stop selling books.

A polite negative response is all that is needed.

and before I have to crawdaddy away from the nevers, okay, maybe not "never".

(worship) Too bad your eBay listings have no "make and offer" option, as I was going to offer $1 for everything. :whistle:

Now you know why I don't want that feature :busy: