• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your opinion? A comic book bubble?

107 posts in this topic

but not, the company or entire line, which is what you suggested.

o.k., but it didn't take long for the bloom to come off the Valiant rose once they started pumping out huge print runs on these books starting with the unity books. those books quickly found themselves in convention overstock boxes selling for 25 or 50 cents each, sure, there was a fad in play that led to the big print-runs, but there was an incredibly short period of time where the high print-run valiants had any value and weren't in the junk box.

but not, the company or entire line, which is what you suggested.

o.k., but it didn't take long for the bloom to come off the Valiant rose once they started pumping out huge print runs on these books starting with the unity books. those books quickly found themselves in convention overstock boxes selling for 25 or 50 cents each, sure, there was a fad in play that led to the big print-runs, but there was an incredibly short period of time where the high print-run valiants had any value and weren't in the junk box.

Not usre what you are saying here.

do you think Valiant is a fad or not?

i dunno. i think they WERE a fad and now the "good" stuff is back in fashion. the interest in some select valiant books NOW isn't a fad. probably more of an attempt to salvage SOMETHING decent comics-wise from the early 90's!

some of the overprinted stuff was good too, but nobody is going to want it unless they want to build a house out of bricks made from bundles of Turok 1, Magnus 25, etc.

i dunno. i think they WERE a fad and now the "good" stuff is back in fashion. the interest in some select valiant books NOW isn't a fad. probably more of an attempt to salvage SOMETHING decent comics-wise from the early 90's!

some of the overprinted stuff was good too, but nobody is going to want it unless they want to build a house out of bricks made from bundles of Turok 1, Magnus 25, etc.

I am just saying Pre-unity Valiant not a fad, thats all. (thumbs u

Trust me, even in this modern world collectors will find something 20 years from now that is rare and collectible. It won't be X-men or Spiderman but it will come from left field and everyone will go darn.