• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I cracked three slabs this morning...,
1 1

208 posts in this topic

I crack three slabs in the morning.

I crack three slabs at night.

I crack three slabs in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright

I crack three slabs in time of peace, and three in time of war

I crack three slabs before I crack three slabs,

And then I crack three more.

Was what I thought as I was reading the thread title. (thumbs u

I actually did crack three more this evening - my good stuff recently purchased from Comicsarefun :thumbsup:

I cracked five slabs this morning

joe_camel-sexual2.jpg

All the cool kids are doing it...., :cool:

You have any cool :baiting: (ie Richie Rich) Harvey's?

Nothing left in slabs - I had a bunch of slabbed Baby Hueys and Stumbos, but I set them all free. Got a large collection of raw Richie Rich from my childhood, but nothing 'significant'.

Got a large collection of raw Richie Rich from my childhood,

:cloud9:

I still remember walking into a local used book store back around 1980/81 and finding a pile of 20 and 25 cent Richie Richs. They were priced at 20 cents a piece and my dad bought them all for me. At the time, it probably quadrupled my collection size.

Got a large collection of raw Richie Rich from my childhood,

:cloud9:

I still remember walking into a local used book store back around 1980/81 and finding a pile of 20 and 25 cent Richie Richs. They were priced at 20 cents a piece and my dad bought them all for me. At the time, it probably quadrupled my collection size.

My brother loved Richie Rich comics, and he used to pick them up on vacations, so the bug caught me too. Really, I like all the Harvey characters. I started putting together a HG collection of Baby Hueys after I stumbled into a file copy of #1. Then, since Stumbo was such a short run, I started in on that title too. Would love to do Hot Stuff and Little Lotta, but just too many books, and I have too many other higher-priority interests. Life is too short :sorry:

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm focusing on RR comics and dabbling in some of the others. I never had much interest in Stumbo or Baby Huey though.
RR is cool :thumbsup: I've just read so many and have so many. It would be heck of a collecting endeavor - there are quite a few titles, but I suppose you could narrow the focus...,

lol Nah, I'm just going for every comic book with "Richie Rich" in the title from RR1 in 1960 to when Harvey stopped publishing in 1982. At the same time, I'm trying to pick up digests when I can, and some of the later 80s/90s stuff.

I refuse to buy the RR/New Kids on the Block comic though. :sumo:

lol Nah, I'm just going for every comic book with "Richie Rich" in the title from RR1 in 1960 to when Harvey stopped publishing in 1982. At the same time, I'm trying to pick up digests when I can, and some of the later 80s/90s stuff.

I refuse to buy the RR/New Kids on the Block comic though. :sumo:

I dropped WDC&S, DD and US when Bomb Comics modernized the titles :sick:

:cool: Cracked 7 slabs last night....,

:banana: Be free, my friends, be free! :banana:

:cool: Cracked 7 slabs last night....,

:banana: Be free, my friends, be free! :banana:

I have gotten into cracking slabs myself.

It's a good feeling.

I saw a master a work a few weeks ago when a durham bud cracked the HG slab

and ripped the inner well open with his bare hands without any book damage.

(worship)

Do you save the labels and turn them in?

I crack out 95% of all my slabbs and keep the labels, why turn them in? If I sell the books they go to the new owners.

:shrug:

Census integrity, really. Not terribly important, but each little bit helps.

Not a big deal, the coin censuses have been shot for 20 years.