• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I cracked three slabs this morning...,
1 1

208 posts in this topic

There are few books that I have trades of, and I'm glad I have them - because it encourages repeat readings. I want to start getting MM in other books (Silver Surfer + Warlock), just trying to get them bought at the right price.

There are few books that I have trades of, and I'm glad I have them - because it encourages repeat readings. I want to start getting MM in other books (Silver Surfer + Warlock), just trying to get them bought at the right price.

MM are great for reading and look awesome on book shelves :cloud9:

MM are great for reading and look awesome on book shelves :cloud9:

I've noticed that. They would look way better than those Essentials on the shelf.

I cracked out 6 pedigree books last night. :cloud9:

Does that, theoretically, make the rest of the pedigrees more valuable by removing proof of providence from your six books?

How does that remove providence???? I still have the labels and I have scans of all my books? You know they didn't make them with slabbs on them. :facepalm: I like to read books I collect not just buy plastic and labels. I cracked this out a few weeks ago and I love it because I'm enjoying the books to their fullest:

SMC42bethFC.jpg

SMC42BethBC.jpg

Pretty easy providence to substantiate with the date stamps, labels if I ever had to have it regraded, I've done that many times before. Question, do you ever buy raw pedigree's or are you more worried about the value of the book(s)?

Edited by Silver Surfer

Pretty easy providence to substantiate with the date stamps, labels if I ever had to have it regraded, I've done that many times before. Question, do you ever buy raw pedigree's or are you more worried about the value of the book(s)?

Provenance

Provenance

Though it is providence that such books exist. :grin:

I cracked out 6 pedigree books last night. :cloud9:

Does that, theoretically, make the rest of the pedigrees more valuable by removing proof of providence from your six books?

How does that remove providence???? I still have the labels and I have scans of all my books? You know they didn't make them with slabbs on them. :facepalm: I like to read books I collect not just buy plastic and labels. I cracked this out a few weeks ago and I love it because I'm enjoying the books to their fullest:

SMC42bethFC.jpg

SMC42BethBC.jpg

....Right on, Peter....you certainly can't read the "Ice King" story through the slab. You did forget to mention one other plus......the gloss on that Bethlehem can not be fully comprehended unless it is raw. Would you rather have Raquel Welch in a rain slicker or, well, raw (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I cracked my first slab last night. Had to prep some books for SS at New Orleans. Batman 492 Platinum in 9.8 for my first crack was a bit of a heart attack waiting to happen. Everything went off great though. :banana:

Cracking the book is a breeze, getting the book out of the seal is a whole

different ball game.

I tap the books down into the lower left corner of the inner well, and use a good heavy duty pair of old sewing scissors to cut first the top off, then the right side. With those two sides open, you can carefully and safely lift out the book. Never had a problem or damage.

Also, I've recently discovered that the outer well is usually easier to remove by breaking the bottom two posts. Not always, but usually.

I rarely have to use scissors. The inner well peels apart quite easily and the book slides out no problem

I cracked my first slab last night. Had to prep some books for SS at New Orleans. Batman 492 Platinum in 9.8 for my first crack was a bit of a heart attack waiting to happen. Everything went off great though. :banana:

different ball game.

I tap the books down into the lower left corner of the inner well, and use a good heavy duty pair of old sewing scissors to cut first the top off, then the right side. With those two sides open, you can carefully and safely lift out the book. Never had a problem or damage.

Also, I've recently discovered that the outer well is usually easier to remove by breaking the bottom two posts. Not always, but usually.

I rarely have to use scissors. The inner well peels apart quite easily and the book slides out no problem

Would that not apply more to the old label/inner seal?

different ball game.

Would that not apply more to the old label/inner seal?

Not that I've found. Cracked a new label slab this morning and peeled the inner well with no issues.

It was a weekend of attempted organization.

I cracked three slabs in the morning, and couldn't stop. :cloud9:

Sent 12 of those suckers to jeebus today :D

I crack 3 slabs before I crack 3 slabs-and then I crack 3 more....

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title....oh Sublime! (Yes...I know they covered it...I was a child of the 90s...)

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title....oh Sublime! (Yes...I know they covered it...I was a child of the 90s...)

Now I see it. I was trying to figure it out...

I smoked 3 joints is the song I believe.

Now I see it. I was trying to figure it out...

I smoked 3 joints is the song I believe.

2 joints but yeah

It was a weekend of attempted organization.

I cracked three slabs in the morning, and couldn't stop. :cloud9:

Sent 12 of those suckers to jeebus today :D

I love the smell of crack in the morning. :cloud9: