• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I cracked three slabs this morning...,
1 1

208 posts in this topic

I cracked 3 slabs recently - mid grade ASM #8 + ASM Ann #3 and a 1.8 MP FF#1 for my daughter's reading sets.

It does feel great to flick through the pages.

I think I have spent more on raw books in the last month than CGC books.

Stop it.

(worship)

He's slumming.

:gossip:

I cracked 3 slabs recently - mid grade ASM #8 + ASM Ann #3 and a 1.8 MP FF#1 for my daughter's reading sets.

It does feel great to flick through the pages.

Stop it.

:blahblah:

Can someone enlighten me again on why we're cracking slabs apart from saving on space?

Because some people enjoy comics more than they do plastic.

(shrug)

Can someone enlighten me again on why we're cracking slabs apart from saving on space?

(shrug)

That's me :banana:

(shrug)

My daughter is 8 years old.

She thinks comics are for reading.

Why would you keep a midgrade comic or low grade restored key comic in a CGC case?

OK - I'm on a rampage - I cracked 10 slabs this morning. :headbang:

I think I've only got three more to go today, but we'll see what the day brings. hm

I ended up doing 22 total last night and this morning. My fingertips are sore from prying open all the out wells. Didn't have to use a screwdriver on any of them.

Nice to free up all that space.

One thing to note: If your chasing PQ, find a better use of your time and money, as there is no QC in that regard.

Cracked out four old label 8.5s that have been sitting at the bottom of the comic cavern for 5+ years........, surprising that three were indeed in the 8.5 ballpark. One was a nice 9.0/9.2. dancenana.gif

All the microchamber paper stunk to high heaven, and has been replaced. :eek: So I guess it's doin' its job. ;)

I cracked my first slab last night. Had to prep some books for SS at New Orleans. Batman 492 Platinum in 9.8 for my first crack was a bit of a heart attack waiting to happen. Everything went off great though. :banana: