• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay - comiczoo warehouse breakin

84 posts in this topic

Greg is not from NY, thank goodness. he's from Connecticut,or so he claims, gotta leave US some pride;) His partner is from Queens;) and I know at least 3 honest boarders who live in Queens... :baiting:

That's great! Can you PM their board names? I don't know any. :banana:

I am just as suspicious as the next guy about buying books on e-bay, and I was watching a book in one of the auctions that ended. If there was not a break in and theft what other logical (and reasonable) reason could there be for pulling all of their e-bay auctions at once?

I have a vested interest in seeing this police report, so please ask for one and post it or PM it to me :wishluck:

OK, so I bit and asked him for the police report. Here's the response:

Thank you for your response but there are some sensitive informations on the report that we can not share with the buyers. This is as a result of allowing buyers to pick up the comics in person so we are not sure who did it. faxing you a report will hurt the investigation. But i promise to keep you posted on the result of the investigation. I don't know if you remember , we had most of these books in a lot on ebay several weeks and we had people coming from all over to see them in person. We decided then not to allow pick ups then we received many emails from potential buyers that did not feel confortable spending thousands of dollars without seeing the books in person and we allowed pick ups and few weeks later, here what happened. So don't worry , you will see everything once the investigation is completed. We do have many more books in other locations that we are planning to sell as soon as possible. If you decide to shop with us again , please remind us to give you a 10% off your wins for the whole ordeal. Once again , sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you

- comiczoo-com

Sounds like BS.

Tell them since you are a victim because they said your books were stolen that you will be contacting and dealing directly with the local police.

I would also contact the local police and let them know they are alleging a theft has occurred in order to perpetuate a fraud and let them pay these clowns a visit.

How can an ebay seller with 100K worth of books to sell have so little feedback as a seller?

Feedback as a seller 19 Feedback received

that was March 2007!

Those Action 1s and Detective 27s add up fast....,

I have a vested interest in seeing this police report, so please ask for one and post it or PM it to me :wishluck:

OK, so I bit and asked him for the police report. Here's the response:

Thank you for your response but there are some sensitive informations on the report that we can not share with the buyers. This is as a result of allowing buyers to pick up the comics in person so we are not sure who did it. faxing you a report will hurt the investigation. But i promise to keep you posted on the result of the investigation. I don't know if you remember , we had most of these books in a lot on ebay several weeks and we had people coming from all over to see them in person. We decided then not to allow pick ups then we received many emails from potential buyers that did not feel confortable spending thousands of dollars without seeing the books in person and we allowed pick ups and few weeks later, here what happened. So don't worry , you will see everything once the investigation is completed. We do have many more books in other locations that we are planning to sell as soon as possible. If you decide to shop with us again , please remind us to give you a 10% off your wins for the whole ordeal. Once again , sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you

- comiczoo-com

Sounds like BS.

Tell them since you are a victim because they said your books were stolen that you will be contacting and dealing directly with the local police.

I would also contact the local police and let them know they are alleging a theft has occurred in order to perpetuate a fraud and let them pay these clowns a visit.

Seems like a whole lot of effort with little up-side for me. It won't get me my comic. And I haven't lost any money on this deal. I paid for the auction shortly after it ended, but they refunded my Paypal payment the next morning when they sent me the message about the break-in.

How can an ebay seller with 100K worth of books to sell have so little feedback as a seller?

that was March 2007!

:gossip: because they have other buying and selling ebay id's... and, while I can't say anything specific yet, I hope to be able to shed some light soon, which is why I was interested in the police report response...

that was March 2007!

:gossip: because they have other buying and selling ebay id's... and, while I can't say anything specific yet, I hope to be able to shed some light soon, which is why I was interested in the police report response...

I received an email from them today asking that I agree to a withdrawal agreement so they can recoup their fees. Here is my response -

Souhaliho - I would be happy to consider your request for acknowledgement of the withdrawal agreement. I would just need the police report information and the precinct you reported the theft to. Since auctions are legally binding, I am sure you understand why I and eBay would like verification. Once I receive this information and check with my relatives in the NYPD, I will consider your request.

It will be interesting to see their response. I also have the sellers full name, address, and three phone numbers ( possibly.)

that was March 2007!

I received an email from them today asking that I agree to a withdrawal agreement so they can recoup their fees. Here is my response -

Souhaliho - I would be happy to consider your request for acknowledgement of the withdrawal agreement. I would just need the police report information and the precinct you reported the theft to. Since auctions are legally binding, I am sure you understand why I and eBay would like verification. Once I receive this information and check with my relatives in the NYPD, I will consider your request.

It will be interesting to see their response. I also have the sellers full name, address, and three phone numbers ( possibly.)

hm

Just another case of too good to be true..... Would not surprise me if you could search and find all of the scans stolen from other listings.

I will say again, why would you buy books from a seller with no credibility, no feedback, and that funny feeling in the back of your mind that something is wrong? Do you really need a bargain that bad to get ripped off, even after you have heard literally hundreds of such cases.

If you buy books from reputable sellers, you won't have to worry about this type of stuff happening to you. If on the other hand, you like to gamble, then it is your loss. You might as well just go to Vegas.

Just another case of too good to be true..... Would not surprise me if you could search and find all of the scans stolen from other listings.

I will say again, why would you buy books from a seller with no credibility, no feedback, and that funny feeling in the back of your mind that something is wrong? Do you really need a bargain that bad to get ripped off, even after you have heard literally hundreds of such cases.

If you buy books from reputable sellers, you won't have to worry about this type of stuff happening to you. If on the other hand, you like to gamble, then it is your loss. You might as well just go to Vegas.

Everyone is looking for a score and a deal. You've never chased a questionable deal in order to make that big collection score Dale? I'd wager to say most dealers have stories where they have.

well, in this case, I am fairly certain they have the books they are/were auctioning...but, the circumstances surrounding, well, I can't comment

Here is their response -

Thank you for your response but there are some sensitive informations on the report that we can not share with the buyers. This is as a result of allowing buyers to pick up the comics in person so we are not sure who did it. Sending you a report will hurt the investigation. But i promise to keep you posted on the result of the investigation. I don't know if you remember , we had most of these books in a lot on ebay several weeks and we had people coming from all over to see them in person. We decided then not to allow pick ups then we received many emails from potential buyers that did not feel confortable spending thousands of dollars without seeing the books in person and we allowed pick ups and few weeks later, here what happened. So don't worry , you will see everything once the investigation is completed. We do have many more books in other locations that we are planning to sell as soon as possible. If you decide to shop with us again , please remind us to give you a 10% off your wins for the ordeal. You do not have to accept the mutual withdrawal agreement if you don't feel confortable doing so. Like you said in your previous email to us, please keep your eyes on the comics if anybody tries to sell them. Once again , sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understandingand support.

I will say again, why would you buy books from a seller with no credibility, no feedback, and that funny feeling in the back of your mind that something is wrong?

No feedback? He has a feedback rating of 100%. Total of 239 ratings, with 23 positives in the last 30 days. That's more feedback than I have, and I like to think that people trust me when I sell on Ebay.

Do you really need a bargain that bad to get ripped off, even after you have heard literally hundreds of such cases.

It seems as though none of the buyers were actually ripped off. The comiczoo auction I bid on ended on Friday evening. I paid for it within a few hours of the end of the auction. On Saturday morning, comiczoo sent me an email about the alleged theft and immediately refunded my payment.

So yes, I won't receive the comic I won, but I didn't lose any money.

I agree that there's something unusual about the whole thing, but I certainly don't have enough info to know if there actually was a theft, if the seller pulled all the auctions because he didn't like the way they were turning out, or if he ran into some other financial, legal, moral or ethical difficulty.

well said

I agree that there's something unusual about the whole thing, but I certainly don't have enough info to know if there actually was a theft, if the seller pulled all the auctions because he didn't like the way they were turning out, or if he ran into some other financial, legal, moral or ethical difficulty.
all of the above ? lol

From their auctions:

"We have earned the trust of hundreds of thousands of Collectors, Buyers, Sellers and have become the fastest growing comics seller in the World. "

I never heard of them before. Is there even "hundreds of thousands of Collectors, Buyers, and Sellers" in this hobby?

I'm sure someone has suggested this, and I would call the local PD where they are located and ask if a report has been filed. Pretty simple and most departments will tell you if a report has been filed or not. Asking about a comic book theft is pretty unique.