• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what happened to Nerfs threads last night?

186 posts in this topic

I really just asked that CC put me on ignore. And alot of people followed suit, turned into a huge discussion about not understanding how people can still be close minded. Then religion, hitler pictures, some comment by Roy that I forget now etc.. Then it was deleted. Thank god for that.

I made comments questioning the nature of the word "homophobic" and whether honesty is a good policy. Hopefully nobody was offended by my few posts in that thread.

I don't condone bigotry but I do condone civil rights, fundamental beliefs and open discussion (without emotion mind you).

R.

I spent like 20 minutes constructing a detailed response, but the thread disappeared before I could hit submit. What a waste. :frustrated:

That's the last time I try to post something constructive.

how long till this thread gets deleted?
How long till these threads stop popping up?
well people seem to want to hash up the same BS....and low and behold...we have a "re-thread" of the same thing that was deleted.
I kind of figured, there are reasons why threads are deleted. (IF they really are. For all I know CGC has some super secret hidden forum away where these go to)
And people are complaining about the harmless gremlin threads....and yet these are so popular with everyone. *no gremlin here*

I really just asked that CC put me on ignore. And alot of people followed suit, turned into a huge discussion about not understanding how people can still be close minded. Then religion, hitler pictures, some comment by Roy that I forget now etc.. Then it was deleted. Thank god for that.

I made comments questioning the nature of the word "homophobic" and whether honesty is a good policy. Hopefully nobody was offended by my few posts in that thread.

I don't condone bigotry but I do condone civil rights, fundamental beliefs and open discussion (without emotion mind you).

R.

I spent like 20 minutes constructing a detailed response, but the thread disappeared before I could hit submit. What a waste. :frustrated:

You should have pm'd it.

(shrug)

R.

You should have pm'd it.

(shrug)

I hit submit and I got an error message, I hit the back button and the post was gone.

How long till these threads stop popping up?
well people seem to want to hash up the same BS....and low and behold...we have a "re-thread" of the same thing that was deleted.
I kind of figured, there are reasons why threads are deleted. (IF they really are. For all I know CGC has some super secret hidden forum away where these go to)
And people are complaining about the harmless gremlin threads....and yet these are so popular with everyone. *no gremlin here*
People like to find things to complain about.

it shouldn't, unless the "fear mongers" try to derail this thread. hm

No, these threads are silly and this is not the forum in which they should be discussed. If I want to talk about Hitler, sexual orientation, politics, homophobia or lack there of, then I would go to a different message board.

No, the threads are silly and this is not the forum in which they should be discussed. If I want to talk about Hitler, sexual orientation, politics, homophobia or lack there of, then I would go to a different message board.

don't shoot the messenger, i'm only posting comments in an open thread. :gossip:doh!

No, the threads are silly and this is not the forum in which they should be discussed. If I want to talk about Hitler, sexual orientation, politics, homophobia or lack there of, then I would go to a different message board.

don't shoot the messenger, i'm only posting comments in an open thread. :gossip:doh!

I'm not. You're just the victim of the quote. :foryou:

No, these threads are silly and this is not the forum in which they should be discussed. If I want to talk about Hitler, sexual orientation, politics, homophobia or lack there of, then I would go to a different message board.

But what if I want to talk about all these things with a select group of dorks? This board has the highest concentration I can find.

The PM is an amazing feature, round up the dorks user ID's and send one to em! :P

I think JC might get a strike. He was going after Nerf and posted iirc multiple pics of Hitler etc.

Yea. But I dont think he should get a strike. If he posted the pictures being pro-nazi I would say yes. But posting a picture and saying "this man is bad" then NO.

I don't think he should get a strike either. But I think he will.

It wasn't just a pic of a nazi. It was a pic of Hitler with the caption CGC forum member of the year or something similar to that. I saw it as nerf beging called a Nazi. Way out of line regardless of nerfs views. And IMHO just as bad as the comment from CC.

Actually what the picture said was "Give 'em Hell Nerf, Meun Freund" .

Is that what you read on the caption or your interruption of it? Either way i think you were late to the game.

One said CGC Forum Board Member of the year 1939 and another said Give 'em Hell Nerf, Meun Freund

:o

While not unexpected coming from JC, that is a total slap in the face to our hosts, uncalled for, and I hope the moderators will do the right thing here. :wishluck:

I didn't see the train wreck, but it was pretty clear the thread was going downhill after reading the 1st few posts from JC agitating the situation, stirring the pot, and generally attempting to derail Nerf's apology.

Speaking of not seeing the train wreck...somebody PM me the Cliff's notes! :shy:

too bad you don't live in Austin, TX. i've visited Austin and it amazes me how much different the capital is compared to the rest of the conservative state and you're 20th century ways. you do realize that the superhero comic book genre was started by jewish americans? doh!:o again, if you're post was in jest, i sincerely apologize, but discrimination in any form, sucks.

:acclaim:

You're a d-ick, Andrew.

I'm an acquired taste, unlike d-ick which is a love it or hate it kinda thing.

I think JC might get a strike. He was going after Nerf and posted iirc multiple pics of Hitler etc.

Yea. But I dont think he should get a strike. If he posted the pictures being pro-nazi I would say yes. But posting a picture and saying "this man is bad" then NO.

I don't think he should get a strike either. But I think he will.

It wasn't just a pic of a nazi. It was a pic of Hitler with the caption CGC forum member of the year or something similar to that. I saw it as nerf beging called a Nazi. Way out of line regardless of nerfs views. And IMHO just as bad as the comment from CC.

Actually what the picture said was "Give 'em Hell Nerf, Meun Freund" .

Is that what you read on the caption or your interruption of it? Either way i think you were late to the game.

One said CGC Forum Board Member of the year 1939 and another said Give 'em Hell Nerf, Meun Freund

:o

While not unexpected coming from JC, that is a total slap in the face to our hosts, uncalled for, and I hope the moderators will do the right thing here. :wishluck:

I didn't see the train wreck, but it was pretty clear the thread was going downhill after reading the 1st few posts from JC agitating the situation, stirring the pot, and generally attempting to derail Nerf's apology.

Speaking of not seeing the train wreck...somebody PM me the Cliff's notes! :shy:

As fascinated as JC is with Nerf you are equally as fascinated with JC. Weird. :screwy: