• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what happened to Nerfs threads last night?

186 posts in this topic

How about you relax on dropping the Nazi pictures?? :sumo:

How about some of you just relax??

I dont appreciate looking through threads mostly related to comics and see pictures of Nazis. One thing if it is artwork on a comic, but no need to post pictures.

Oh, is this a thread about comics? My reading comprehension must suck.

There was nothing funny about the way Hitler wiped out 90% of my family.....but I am relaxed...see no gremlins

I was a pro-Israel speaker at several Israel/Palestine debates at my University last year, despite being sent threats of violence and vandalism on multiple occasions, so please spare me the melodrama.

:censored::censored::censored:

man some of you people have so seriously poor taste

Ill second that

And it isn't in poor taste to collect comics based solely on their Nazi imagery? Or comics that portray the Japanese as hideous yellow trolls? I can think of a number of non-comic collectors who wouldn't allow those "jap covers" past the front door of their house, and those same people would think it was sick that those same covers actually command a premium in this hobby. Others might think the same of bondage covers, etc...

There was nothing funny about the way Hitler wiped out 90% of my family.....but I am relaxed...see no gremlins

I was a pro-Israel speaker at several Israel/Palestine debates at my University last year, despite being sent threats of violence and vandalism on multiple occasions, so please spare me the melodrama.

Then you are probably much to young to have friends who lost their parents/ grandparents during the holocaust, but you'd have to equate posting these pictures, to posting pictures of Bin Laden and then posting that it was a Joke... Hitler caused millions to lose their lives, and I really find it odd, to find a few people unaware of the horror. Even if you never knew anyone touched by these events, I'm sure many of your relatives, grandparents fought bravely against this evil, so it's really disrespectful on many levels.

Many of the Jewish comic book writers, had to change their names so they would not face discrimination. I missed the other thread, but I think I'm glad. .

There are such nice interesting people on this board, it would show some class if you'd find another subject to pursue...maybe one of the short bus threads, those books are funny.

Hey Captain,

I'm all for some light hearted fun, but when you have someone of Jewish decent making a comment in a very fair and reasoned way, for you to simply respond with snark and continue to post at will, it's time to step away from the keyboard.

Come on, bro. Show some class.

since we're talking Hitler.

I went and saw Saw V the other night with a bud, and we were walking by the Valkyere movie poster, the movie in which Tom Cruise plays a Nazi, and I said:

"Hey, I've got a great idea for how Tom Cruise can rehab his image. One word- Nazi."

Cruise is not playing a Nazi but von Stauffenberg, a German military officer who was a principled Christian that came to the conclusion that it was his responsibility to assassinate Hitler. He nearly succeeded and his story is worth knowing, regardless of whether Cruise or the film are any good.

man some of you people have so seriously poor taste

Ill second that

And it isn't in poor taste to collect comics based solely on their Nazi imagery? Or comics that portray the Japanese as hideous yellow trolls? I can think of a number of non-comic collectors who wouldn't allow those "jap covers" past the front door of their house, and those same people would think it was sick that those same covers actually command a premium in this hobby. Others might think the same of bondage covers, etc...

Your argument is a fallacy. You arent defending anything. What you just posted still gives you no right to post Nazi pictures. Like many others, my family was devastated by WWII, so I find it in very poor taste to post pictures of Nazis. It is one thing to post pictures of ARTWORK in a comic, another thing posting the real thing for no effin reason

since we're talking Hitler.

I went and saw Saw V the other night with a bud, and we were walking by the Valkyere movie poster, the movie in which Tom Cruise plays a Nazi, and I said:

"Hey, I've got a great idea for how Tom Cruise can rehab his image. One word- Nazi."

Cruise is not playing a Nazi but von Stauffenberg, a German military officer who was a principled Christian that came to the conclusion that it was his responsibility to assassinate Hitler. He nearly succeeded and his story is worth knowing, regardless of whether Cruise or the film are any good.

you've completely ruined an already strained joke.

since you're going serious, is this the same plot that involved the Lutheran minister Dietrich Bonnehoffer? I have the greatest admiration and affection for Bonnehoffer.

I dont appreciate looking through threads mostly related to comics and see pictures of Nazis. One thing if it is artwork on a comic, but no need to post pictures.

No topic with Hitler references is complete without a picture of a Hitler Cat.

Are you really that uptight about Hitler or just kidding, because I can't tell. (shrug)

j015_01.jpg