• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGT.ROCK OR SGT.FURY? POLL FOR VETERANS DAY plus show us your favorite covers

SGT.FURY VS.SGT.ROCK  

234 members have voted

1. 1. SGT.FURY VS.SGT.ROCK

47 posts in this topic

Make no mistake, I love Sgt. Rock but Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos would beat Rock and Easy Co. Why? Simple...

Enthusiasm!

Rock and Easy Co. always seem to be one step away from dropping dead. Sure, Rock is on tough SOB, but he's always getting shot and barely able to pull off the mission. And Easy... c'mon... how many light weights does this squad have to endure? It seems that in almost every issue some noob is dragging the team down and getting himself killed (and Rock shot along the way).

Now look at Sgt. Fury and the Howlers... It seemed list these guys wanted to be in the fight. They were always itching to kick some Nazi butt. Sure they had their shard of dead wood but Fury always seemed gung ho.

fury94.jpg

sgtfury-95520x773.jpg

Wow does this bring back memories. These 2 books were the very first BACK ISSUES I ever searched for. When I bought THIS book (below) I found the story was continued. Fury was wounded ....and was maybe gonna die.....!!! Oh help !! Needless to say, I kept buying them up through the end of the story....bout ish #101 or #102. This continued next issue stuff is what led me to search out my first "old comic book store" which was on PCH and Ave. C in Redondo Beach CA. Ive been a fan ever since. Guess I owe it all to Stan Lee.

I still like Rock better. :grin:

Fury96.jpg