• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I gained from the pressing thread

437 posts in this topic

...and even then you can have other defects that keep a book from grading higher...so you press the book, pay to have it graded and it comes back in the same grade...or even lower if you are unlucky.

:frustrated:

It happens all the time. I've had two fairly big books go down in grade for no reason other than CGC graded them differently that day.

:cry:

It really does take money, time, trial and error and patience.

R.

Oh, cut it out Roy! Just be honest with the people! (tsk)

O.K., if no one will admit it, I will:

If you catch a pressing fairy, keep her in a crystal jar with a pure silver lid, poke seven holes (no bigger than a needles tip) that form a Superman logo on the lid, and once a night, just before bed, lick the bottom of the jar with your tounge, .... if done correctly, the pressing fairy will grant that 1/2 the books you pick up the next day will be good candidates for pressing.

Feels so good to get that out in the open! (thumbs u

How do you manage to get half? I'm still operating at 20% :baiting:

Rookie :insane:

...and even then you can have other defects that keep a book from grading higher...so you press the book, pay to have it graded and it comes back in the same grade...or even lower if you are unlucky.

:frustrated:

It happens all the time. I've had two fairly big books go down in grade for no reason other than CGC graded them differently that day.

:cry:

It really does take money, time, trial and error and patience.

R.

Oh, cut it out Roy! Just be honest with the people! (tsk)

O.K., if no one will admit it, I will:

If you catch a pressing fairy, keep her in a crystal jar with a pure silver lid, poke seven holes (no bigger than a needles tip) that form a Superman logo on the lid, and once a night, just before bed, lick the bottom of the jar with your tounge, .... if done correctly, the pressing fairy will grant that 1/2 the books you pick up the next day will be good candidates for pressing.

Feels so good to get that out in the open! (thumbs u

Rookie :insane:

:sorry:

You must have got the CHEAP kind of silver for the lid doh!

He used tin foil. :gossip:

I only use that for my hat. Everyone knows you can't fool the pressing fairy with tin foil..........Jeeeeeeez.

Oh boy! Another pressing thread.

Should I go back and read it all? Is there anything new or worthwhile in this one? (shrug)

Personally......I think this thread is worth reading. (thumbs u

Are there any boobs in this thread?

Other than the ones that posted in it? hm

Oh boy! Another pressing thread.

Should I go back and read it all? Is there anything new or worthwhile in this one? (shrug)

Just skip straight to the cockleburr manoeuvre.

Thats exactly what I thought. :cloud9: