• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,935 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2023 at 2:48 PM, EMazman said:

Just grabbed this 9.6-9.8

MgRf_44_96s.jpg

DrSol_30_Sav.jpg

Nice books, congrats!

Scans are deceptive, but I wouldn’t hang my hat on that high a grade. Very nice though!

Edited by NP_Gresham

On 10/23/2023 at 8:46 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

If you're getting them graded, let us know how they come back.  The upper left corners on each of these books look worrisome to me.

Will do.  I've bought from this source multiple times and the grades always came back exactly as expected except one I thought was a 9.4 came back as a 9.2 and another I thought was a 9.2 came as a 9.4. lol   They are going to be cleaned and pressed by Rocket Comics in CA. Hopefully I can find this thread again and I will share.  So I'd guess about 3-4 months from now.

Edited by EMazman

On 10/29/2023 at 7:48 PM, Spider-Variant said:

I remember my older brother grabbing that FF off the stands.  

This is right when I started at about 10 years old. I believe that my first issue was #171 but there may have been one in the late 160's.

On 11/2/2023 at 3:19 PM, comic_memories said:

Who can defeat Cross-Wordo's dark cover?

fun and games 9 cgc 9.6 iron man centerfold pull out poster.jpg

Nova's only Cover Dated appearance in 1980 !  Some DB's  show FF214 as an app - but it's actually single panel cameo of some random nova corps members.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/2/2023 at 3:38 PM, MAR1979 said:

Nova's only Cover Dated appearance in 1980 !  Some DB's  show FF214 as an app - but it's actually single panel cameo of some random nova corps members.

There are some interesting things like that with this run, for example Groot has a Humor Page in issue 8. Any sort of Groot appearance is pretty rare in those days. 

fun and games 8 groot word page.jpg