• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,914 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2023 at 3:27 PM, comic_memories said:

Ghost Rider 2 CGC 9.2 w  manitoba.jpg

Two months before the publication of Ghost Rider #2, Beware the Claws of the Cat #5 would have hit the stands, had it not been cancelled.  Here is Gil Kane's preliminary cover for that book.  I see a lot of similarities between the two covers.  Perhaps Gil, knowing about the cancellation, repurposed his design for Ghost Rider #2.

image.thumb.png.f6ad508c1782f486c031980af6c0bd96.png

On 11/21/2023 at 5:20 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

First, let me state that I'm not a price variant collector.  But, the story behind this recent purchase goes like this.......

Eight year old me was standing at the spinner rack in my local convenience store. Among my choices were this book, which instantly popped out at me due to the cover, and the fact that it was ¢35 while most others were still ¢30.  I spent the extra nickel and opted for this one, cause I already had the #1 issue. Took it home, read it, and laid it on top of a magazine rack where it stayed for years.(for some reason I always kept this book on top)  It stayed there until I was about 17 years old, when I traded to a friend of mine who came over and looked through my books. It was a book that I saw every time I walked into my room as a kid for almost ten years.  So, when I saw it this week in this condition, I brought it "home".

5779094.jpeg

That's FANTASTIC! lol

Makes A nice detail for sure. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/16/2023 at 8:06 AM, BrightSide77 said:

Who's the bindery? I've recently run into a few Essentials in hard cover.

Screenshot_20231116-100141.png

Screenshot_20231116-100152.png

Screenshot_20231116-100149.png

Have no clue.  These were probably done in the 70s