• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,907 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2023 at 6:20 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

First, let me state that I'm not a price variant collector.  But, the story behind this recent purchase goes like this.......

Eight year old me was standing at the spinner rack in my local convenience store. Among my choices were this book, which instantly popped out at me due to the cover, and the fact that it was ¢35 while most others were still ¢30.  I spent the extra nickel and opted for this one, cause I already had the #1 issue. Took it home, read it, and laid it on top of a magazine rack where it stayed for years.(for some reason I always kept this book on top)  It stayed there until I was about 17 years old, when I traded to a friend of mine who came over and looked through my books. It was a book that I saw every time I walked into my room as a kid for almost ten years.  So, when I saw it this week in this condition, I brought it "home".

5779094.jpeg

Great Story!  Stuff like that is why many of us collect what we do.

On 11/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

First, let me state that I'm not a price variant collector.  But, the story behind this recent purchase goes like this.......

Eight year old me was standing at the spinner rack in my local convenience store. Among my choices were this book, which instantly popped out at me due to the cover, and the fact that it was ¢35 while most others were still ¢30.  I spent the extra nickel and opted for this one, cause I already had the #1 issue. Took it home, read it, and laid it on top of a magazine rack where it stayed for years.(for some reason I always kept this book on top)  It stayed there until I was about 17 years old, when I traded to a friend of mine who came over and looked through my books. It was a book that I saw every time I walked into my room as a kid for almost ten years.  So, when I saw it this week in this condition, I brought it "home".

5779094.jpeg

I too had noticed my Spectacular Spider-man copy had went up to 35 cents when I bought it in Memphis back in the day, but was pleasantly surprised it was back to 30 cents when I bought the next issue in Georgia.  It took me 35 years to understand why.

On 12/8/2023 at 4:29 PM, Spider-Variant said:

I too had noticed my Spectacular Spider-man copy had went up to 35 cents when I bought it in Memphis back in the day, but was pleasantly surprised it was back to 30 cents when I bought the next issue in Georgia.  It took me 35 years to understand why.

I learn something new today‼️today is a good day‼️

On 12/10/2023 at 8:57 PM, MAR1979 said:

A 1999 raw purchase returned this week.

"Wanna Bet, Bukie" - in all seriousness what on earth does that mean in the context of this excellent Byrne/McLeod cover?

ASM189.thumb.jpg.aec0da61732100668c0afe8e566b84d2.jpg

I want to say that "art imitates life" but when it comes to Bronze Age Marvels, I'm not sure half of what they had characters saying had ever been uttered by real human beings.