• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s comics worth 1k?

366 posts in this topic

"Genuine" copies of Gobbledygook? Are there reprints or fakes out there?

Yup...since the book was "printed" on a copy machine, it's easily faked.

If I had a thousand dollars to spend on a comic book, news like this would give me some major reservations about it.

i said my piece. i get nothing more out of it by discussing it with you further.

people here will read what has been posted so far and decide for themselves.

have a good night.

Of all your posts so far, I do believe that the one above is my favorite - it's quite clever how you're pretending that there's something worthwhile to discuss here, that you actually brought something fiendishly interesting to the table instead of the same old "OMG, people are crazy for paying so much money for a book in a CGC slab"-line. :screwy:

i said my piece. i get nothing more out of it by discussing it with you further.

have a good night.

Of all your posts so far, I do believe that the one above is my favorite - it's quite clever how you're pretending that there's something worthwhile to discuss here, that you actually brought something fiendishly interesting to the table instead of the same old "OMG, people are crazy for paying so much money for a book in a CGC slab"-line. :screwy:

the topic of the thread is copper age books that sell for 1K and the slab craze

aspect of it ties in nicely. it is hardly out of context.

plus, if you feel that people should not bring up an old topic on this board no one

would be able to post because almost everything has been discussed before.

i am also noticing a trend among posters here who like to slight others directly instead

of just stating an opinion or making a generalization. Stating your opinion of what

you think of a situation or how others see it is fine. Making stupid cut downs is

quite embarrassing. If I am crazy I am quite pleased with the outcome, thank you.

But honestly, i expected it from a comic book forum so I really should not act

surprised.

have a good night.

plus, if you feel that people should not bring up an old topic on this board no one

i am also noticing a trend among posters here who like to slight others directly instead

of just stating an opinion or making a generalization. Stating your opinion of what

you think of a situation or how others see it is fine. Making stupid cut downs is

quite embarrassing. If I am crazy I am quite pleased with the outcome, thank you.

surprised.

meh

I feel a bit embarrassed that I have to explain this to you - I mean, in your long time here on the boards you've proven to be a fountain of knowledge on a wide variety of topics - but there isn't anything to discuss in your posts.

It's not that we don't like discussing things around here, it's definitely not that old topics aren't brought up again on a regular basis (re: what scanner to use for slabs, the endless pressing threads, etc, etc), it's that you're hammering people over the head with your personal opinion that spending money on slabbed books is crazy (and doing it in a rather arrogant, condescending way).

You've put forth nothing that could in any way spark any sort of interesting discussion - all your wordy posts can basically be summarized into this:

"CGC bad, me good, other board members insecure/amateurs".

So, pray tell, what exactly is it that you want us to discuss?

have a good night.

surprised.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Do have any clue how to interact with people, or are you eternally stuck in 7th grade, where nothing matters except looking cool for the girls?

Your post is almost entirely meaningless.

1. There are several 1980's books that sell for $1k+ in CGC slabs. This is not because the buyers are "crazy" or "insecure" or "amateurs"...it is because these buyers trust CGC's grading, period. If YOU don't wish to pay those prices, don't. *I* don't pay those prices. But I certainly don't denigrate those who do, because I understand why they do it.

2. No one said ANYTHING about "not bringing up an old topic" or "not discussing things that have already been discussed before", so your second sentence has zero meaning.

3. You weren't looking for a discussion. You were looking for a fight. So please don't play the "Gosh, why is everyone being so MEAN to me? I was just trying to have a harmless discussion" card.

4. You end with an insult to everyone on this board....and you expect to be taken seriously....? Really....?

Go away, child.

Did all the troll posts just disappear?

I think that was the other Copper thread. :baiting:

This thread, however, definitely became a more interesting read. lol

Whoops.

:blush:

The Copper forum has a screw loose lately. I like it. It's dark and edgy. And you never know what is going to happen next. Kind of reminds me of the 80's . . .

Whoops.

The Copper forum has a screw loose lately. I like it. It's dark and edgy. And you never know what is going to happen next. Kind of reminds me of the 80's . . .

Basically, it's the video for "Bad" all over again.

bad.jpg

Whoops.

I agree :grin: . Now all we need to top things off is some cheap hookers high on blow! :insane:

Has anybody noticed that Transformers 1,GI JOE 1 and 21 cgc 9.8 have all dropped significantly in price since early 2009, some almost are 50 percent cheaper. what happened? you think the movies would have made them more popular. hm

My 2c is that the buzz of the movies caused a lot of collectors to grade and sell their copies and supply and demand being what it is caused the price to go down. I’ve seen it with several books that get high prices than the price falls as the market gets flooded with copies all at once. I guess the true test of a books worth is its staying power once 50+ 9.8s hit the market. Some day if I get the data and the ambition I’d like to run a statistical regression on the effects of movies on the comic prices. hm Some day!

Has anybody noticed that Transformers 1,GI JOE 1 and 21 cgc 9.8 have all dropped significantly in price since early 2009, some almost are 50 percent cheaper. what happened? you think the movies would have made them more popular. hm
My 2c is that the buzz of the movies caused a lot of collectors to grade and sell their copies and supply and demand being what it is caused the price to go down. I’ve seen it with several books that get high prices than the price falls as the market gets flooded with copies all at once. I guess the true test of a books worth is its staying power once 50+ 9.8s hit the market. Some day if I get the data and the ambition I’d like to run a statistical regression on the effects of movies on the comic prices. hm Some day!

I have to agree.

G.I. Joe 21 starting out 2009 with only 3 copies in CGC 9.8 and 56-63 copies in 9.6, and it wasn't six months later the numbers jumped quickly.

Still, a super book to own. I'd just never pay the $2,000 (+) some folks did.

93526.jpg.5c56cfe856e073d3e2f63d8509be2d63.jpg

Still, a super book to own. I'd just never pay the $2,000 (+) some folks did.

At least two Gi Joe 21s sold for in excess of $3000. :fear:

:o

Good Lord!

I know. I couldn't believe it then, and I can hardly believe it now.