• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - Phoenix Comicon: January 23-25, 2009

214 posts in this topic

Colin and all, Sharon here, Chandler's wife and partner.

I don't want to debate; I just want to give facts, statistics, and one (or two) opinions.

1.) One book one grade drop submitted 11 days after signing and you handled the books during the signing. I have no books submitted to us from you in May. I checked my computer system and you only gave Desert Wind Comics 15 books on August 20th in Phoenix at the War Heroes tour signing. Four books for the Signature Series you handled yourself, two of which were previously graded 9.8 (I have the original cert numbers) and 11 ungraded book for regular submission. Of the two previously graded books, they came back 9.8 and 9.6, so one of the books did come back one grade lower but again I point out you cracked them out and handled them during the signing. We mailed them to CGC on August 31, so it did take us 11 days to check them in and send to CGC. If I am wrong, please send invoice number(s) of the books and I will research why the books, as well as the payment, are not in the system. There was an Image signing in May in Phoenix but the president of CGC handled the submissions; Chandler was just there assisting and did not take any books. I know for a fact, Steve dropped off the books at Fed Ex Sunday morning because it made him late for the airport.

2.) Chandler didn't horde any tickets. Six weeks before the show, I contacted a fried of mine who lives in Phoenix and made arrangements for him and his friend to stand in line and get tickets on Thursday (I bought their show passes). I also while talking to different people who did not want their tickets offered to buy their tickets and several wonderful CGC board members also volunteered to help. The books were double boarded in signing bags and in over bags and never out of my site for more than a few minutes as I stood in line with them. We didn’t get 50 books without standing in line - we got 31 (28 customers, 3 of Chandler’s), two at a time like everybody else. On Saturday we had 5 people in line by 7:30 an. For the record, we got there about 8:40 am. I had my helper work the line and offer to buy tickets – a common practice which I don’t believe is breaking any rules, just working the system. Some may not like it but we do what we can to get the job done.

3.) The tickets clearly said two books per ticket. I agree with Jon that sometimes one can get an extra book or two signed but when the handlers say no, in the famous words of Steve Ditko “no means no kid”.

4.) The PR lady touched my books too and I didn't like it either. Luckily they were in signing bags and she didn't touch the book itself. We (the community) have no control over the talent or their handlers. It is a price we pay for the opportunity to get the books signed.

5.) Switching from facts to opinion: Chandler does not have a semi-pompous attitude toward you. He has a full blown pompous attitude towards everyone young and old alike! But those of us who know him have come to realize that is just Chandler. Along with the pompous attitude comes a very hard working, honest, dedicated, funny, marketing genius who would go to the ends of the earth (I know, he asked me to look up airfare to Australia) to get your book signed. And believe me, it is not the money as what we charge has yet to cover all the expenses. It is his love for the industry and you guys. But don’t tell him I said this. He will deny it in his own pompous way.

Sharon

Colin and all, Sharon here, Chandler's wife and partner.

I don't want to debate; I just want to give facts, statistics, and one (or two) opinions.

1.) One book one grade drop submitted 11 days after signing and you handled the books during the signing. I have no books submitted to us from you in May. I checked my computer system and you only gave Desert Wind Comics 15 books on August 20th in Phoenix at the War Heroes tour signing. Four books for the Signature Series you handled yourself, two of which were previously graded 9.8 (I have the original cert numbers) and 11 ungraded book for regular submission. Of the two previously graded books, they came back 9.8 and 9.6, so one of the books did come back one grade lower but again I point out you cracked them out and handled them during the signing. We mailed them to CGC on August 31, so it did take us 11 days to check them in and send to CGC. If I am wrong, please send invoice number(s) of the books and I will research why the books, as well as the payment, are not in the system. There was an Image signing in May in Phoenix but the president of CGC handled the submissions; Chandler was just there assisting and did not take any books. I know for a fact, Steve dropped off the books at Fed Ex Sunday morning because it made him late for the airport.

2.) Chandler didn't horde any tickets. Six weeks before the show, I contacted a fried of mine who lives in Phoenix and made arrangements for him and his friend to stand in line and get tickets on Thursday (I bought their show passes). I also while talking to different people who did not want their tickets offered to buy their tickets and several wonderful CGC board members also volunteered to help. The books were double boarded in signing bags and in over bags and never out of my site for more than a few minutes as I stood in line with them. We didn’t get 50 books without standing in line - we got 31 (28 customers, 3 of Chandler’s), two at a time like everybody else. On Saturday we had 5 people in line by 7:30 an. For the record, we got there about 8:40 am. I had my helper work the line and offer to buy tickets – a common practice which I don’t believe is breaking any rules, just working the system. Some may not like it but we do what we can to get the job done.

3.) The tickets clearly said two books per ticket. I agree with Jon that sometimes one can get an extra book or two signed but when the handlers say no, in the famous words of Steve Ditko “no means no kid”.

4.) The PR lady touched my books too and I didn't like it either. Luckily they were in signing bags and she didn't touch the book itself. We (the community) have no control over the talent or their handlers. It is a price we pay for the opportunity to get the books signed.

5.) Switching from facts to opinion: Chandler does not have a semi-pompous attitude toward you. He has a full blown pompous attitude towards everyone young and old alike! But those of us who know him have come to realize that is just Chandler. Along with the pompous attitude comes a very hard working, honest, dedicated, funny, marketing genius who would go to the ends of the earth (I know, he asked me to look up airfare to Australia) to get your book signed. And believe me, it is not the money as what we charge has yet to cover all the expenses. It is his love for the industry and you guys. But don’t tell him I said this. He will deny it in his own pompous way.

Sharon

Hi Sharon :hi:

I just want to preface this by again stating that I have the utmost respect for Chandler and his hard work. I appreciate your kind response, and I say the following with no ill-will intended.

1) There were definitely two grade drops, I still have my 'Kick-Azz #3' label which was previously a 9.8 and fell to a 9.6, I even took a picture of it (: I admit that I cracked them out myself, but I also know how extremely careful I am when de-slabbing a book...I even wear some nifty gloves ;) As far as your dates of 11 days before submitting, that is very inaccurate. My invoice number for the previously mentioned transaction is 800173...I, too, keep extensive records.

2) although you may not have 'hoarded' tickets, you definitely had board members go through the line who attained more than 2 signatures per ticket. Again, the same behavior which Chandler called me out on (simply asking for an extra signature) was performed by people on your behalf.

3) of course 2 books per ticket means just that...I never 'pressed' the issue, like Chandler claimed. I have a 'witness' myself, who was standing beside me the entire time.

4) I think you have this incident confused with another. The PR lady DEFINITELY placed her hands on my books when they were outside of their mylar bags...twice, nonetheless. Chandler witnessed this, and still claims that 'the PR lady did nothing wrong'.

5) I agree completely (:

I definitely appreciate your response here, and I want to be clear that I never intended to attack Chandler's character. Like I said before, I like Chandler, and you were extremely nice the only time that we have ever spoken face to face (at the Image founders signing in Mesa, AZ last May).

However, perhaps you can help me understand why Chandler decided to write a public tirade about me which contained several falsities. Maybe you can also help me understand why Chandler condoned the handling of my naked books (outside of mylar) by stating that the 'PR lady did nothing wrong'. Most importantly, perhaps you can help me understand how me asking for an extra signature reflects poorly upon our community, but when HE does it there is no problem whatsoever...

I guess I am offended because Chandler took a small incident, and blew it entirely out of proportion, and THEN made it public on the forums. If he honestly thought that I did anything that even closely resembled negative behavior, then he could have called me, sent me a PM or even told me face to face when we spoke on Sunday at the CGC table. Chandler apologized to me face to face for asking me to 'move along', and I accepted his apology and told him it was unnecessary bc I understood that he just needed to get more books signed. He then steps up on his soap box and blasts on me publicly AFTER apologizing to my face. I just don't understand this behavior, and I would like an apology.

I will stop beating this dead horse as soon as he apologizes, or as soon as I understand his actions :)

-end rant 2

on a different note, did todd do any sketches at the convention?

It was posted on his board before the appearance "no sketching".

This wasn't the time or place to push the issue.

And you realize that Spidey isn't a possibility. Although Todd drew

that Hero Initiative sketch comic, he did NOT give them permission to

use the image for the book.

I believe that this was the first time that Todd has shown up to the Phoenix

Comicon although it's in his 'backyard'. He was only scheduled for a few

hours on Saturday (although he was present early Sunday, but I didn't see

him sign anything). So hopefully Todd will return again and attend longer.

This is a laid-back convention. The fans and talent shouldn't see if they

could take advantage of each other.

I've seen a lot of complaining about not enough good comic books for sale

at this convention. Well the truth is that this hasn't been a good selling show

for dealers. Most of the people complaining showed up for the 1st time.

Once dealers (and especially dealers not present) find out that Phoenix has

a lot of comic buyers that are willing to spend money, they'll bring product.

It was actually sad seeing Harley with so little product. But I bet next year,

if everyone planning to attend posted their intentions, Harley would bring more

stuff. The dealers have a hard enough time trying to figure out their market.

Especially since this con's attendance is about 80% anime kids and the only

thing they buy are accessories to their costumes and imported Japanese

snacks !!!

My 2 cents,

John Higashi - who attends about 12 conventions per year

Ok... and I'm expecting SenorMac and PrecodeKeith to support me on this one but...

Sit back and enjoy a homebrew! Ok... if you don't have a homebrew, then grab a regular beer. Things happened that weren't to people's liking. Some books were signed, some weren't. My good buddy Comicgrinder tried to get a pile of mine done, but couldn't. It happens. I've learned something though--cons com, cons go, but my buddies from the boards are still here. And the artists will return, and I'll get their sigs another time. So will the rest of us.

So, drink that beer, read some great comics, and let's love the funny books. (And cross our fingers for another Todd signing in the near future!)

Nice post John! Are you coming to Wondercon in a month?

on a different note, did todd do any sketches at the convention?

I've seen a lot of complaining about not enough good comic books for sale

at this convention. Well the truth is that this hasn't been a good selling show

for dealers. Most of the people complaining showed up for the 1st time.

Once dealers (and especially dealers not present) find out that Phoenix has

a lot of comic buyers that are willing to spend money, they'll bring product.

Sorry, I'll set a few things straight and then let the thread die. :foryou:

PhiGam,

The forum members (Tilt, Grinder, BrianR and I - who else am I missing?) got extra tickets only when it was determined that 1) there was extra time for a few more signings and 2) some people gave up their tickets. I was even offered a second ticket (at first the kid wanted to sell it, then give it away.) Now, if I had wanted extra books signed, I would have tried to get another ticket rather than bend the rules as set by Todd's "nazi PR". BTW, I don't blame her or Chandler for that. A smooth signing is great for everybody overall with minimal fuss and hard feelings. Mess with that formula, well, you'll get resistance. And considering that the formula worked so well that there was more time at the end, you'd have been rewarded for strictly adhering to the rules by sticking around to see if anyone would give up their tickets. Which did happen.

I understand your anger over your books being touched, but clearly, the line is supposed to be machine-like in nature (forgive me for making that sound impersonal) and the PR lady wasn't being paid to waste Todd's time. Todd himself is a pretty nice guy, but he clearly hired this woman to do the thankless, dirty work of taking on any unpleasantness. Including whatever means it took to get you out of the way once the agreed upon rules of business were done. The signing itself was free, as well, so take that as something positive.

Chandler does not have a semi-pompous attitude toward you. He has a full blown pompous attitude towards everyone young and old alike! But those of us who know him have come to realize that is just Chandler. Along with the pompous attitude comes a very hard working, honest, dedicated, funny, marketing genius who would go to the ends of the earth (I know, he asked me to look up airfare to Australia) to get your book signed. And believe me, it is not the money as what we charge has yet to cover all the expenses. It is his love for the industry and you guys. But don’t tell him I said this. He will deny it in his own pompous way.

Sharon

lol

He seems fine with me. I think maybe he comes off that way because he takes his job very seriously and wants things done fairly. I have absolutely no problems with that.

BTW, :hi: Sharon!

zod,

i think you're missing the main point here...

What I am upset about is that Chandler apologized to me face to face for asking me to 'move along' during the signing. I made it clear that his apology was unnecessary, and i shook his hand and moved along. Three days later, Chandler blasts me on the forums by saying that me asking for an extra signature 'reflects poorly on our community', even though he is guilty of the same thing, if not worse.

If one is going to be so meticulous as to claim that asking for an extra signature is poor behavior, then why wouldn't it also be wrong for you to break the 'rule' of '1 ticket per person'?

As far as asking for an extra signature goes, Chandler and Sharon are definitely guilty of this as well...At some point they got more than 2 books signed per ticket. Sharon, herself, stated that they got 31 signatures from Todd...So you're telling me that they had 15 and a half tickets? nope...at some point, someone got more than 2 books signed per ticket on their behalf...why single out my behavior?

With all of the line nazi stuff aside, i just don't understand why Chandler would apologize to my face, and then step up on his 'soapbox' (his words not mine), and then attack me publicly! It is definitely uncalled for, and is NO WAY TO TREAT A FORMER CLIENT. :sumo:

What offends me even more is the fact that he has ignored this issue both publicly and privately after attacking me. I have sent him three amicable PMs in an attempt to smooth things over, and again...he ignores me. This is very disrespectful in my opinion, and is not suitable behavior for ANY forum member...much less a CGC witness.

If the positions had been reversed, and I had performed a public tirade which contained false claims about Chandler and then stopped responding entirely, it would be deemed VERY poor behavior.

All I request is an apology from Chandler...that is all :)

And by all means, if anyone thinks that I am being unreasonable for wanting this, just let me know your reasoning and i'll drop it :shrug:

I have been stewing about this thread for the last few days, wondering whether to respond, what to say, whether to just send Colin (PhiGam) a PM about it, and so forth. After several people admirably tried to close the thread, I thought I would just bite my tongue and let it go. Unfortunately, though, Colin, you seem to have not let it go, so now I'm going to respond... I've just driven back from Los Angeles, it's 1:30 am, and rather than get a good night's sleep, I'm going to ramble here and potentially make it a whole lot worse.

Bottom line, Colin, in my opinion: LET IT GO! I have so many problems with all of the previous comments I don't even know where to begin:

First off, and this really irks me, saying you like someone and then proceeding to tear things down point by point is ridiculous. ("Hi, I think you're great, but here's 2 pages on why you really suck...") Before you pipe up to go, "Hey, that's not my intention." lemme say, whether it's your intention or not, that's how I read it. You like 'em, great, put the past behind you and let it go. You don't like them, fine, make your case and stick with it. Don't go for both... If you don't like me any more after this thread, that's fine. I don't need to be everyone's friend. Just call me whatever you think, I'm a big boy and can handle it. (Hey, the rest of you, no fat jokes, that's my job!) :)

Secondly, when it comes to behavior in line, yes, your actions do count because as one of the last people before more tickets opened up, the actions of the last few people in line are what organizers are going to remember. As Jon said, yes, people ask for more than the required amount and the world does not end, but as you can imagine, the McFarlane people had almost 2 hours worth of people trying to get as much as possible. Who knows where the breaking point may be? And if your first two items are signed, you are asked to leave and you still push 2 more, then you are going too far. If you hand in 3-4 and Todd chooses to sign it, fine.

Comparing your efforts to Chandler's is quite unequal. Chandler volunteered to do a SERVICE for the McFarlane company, and that was act as a witness for the signing. When you do a service for a company, and give up 2+ hours of your time to stand and watch books get signed on behalf of a company, I think you are definitely allowed to ask for a little favor here or there. Many of the signatures that have been obtained over the years occur because people like me and Chandler work out deals with companies and exchange favor for favor. Chandler, as well as Kris Moore, were talking and working with Todd in hopes of getting additional books signed, many of which were for board members, outside the normal signing.

Because Chandler or Sharon could not count on getting a private signing done, they worked for WEEKS to get extra people to help make sure books got signed. Yes, they got 31 books signed, two at a time. How do I know? I was at the show with them. I shared a hotel room with them. I got there at 8:40 am on Saturday with them, when their volunteers were already holding places in line for us early in the line. Some of these volunteers got Desert Wind comics signed BEFORE getting their own books signed. Yes, they were compensated for their help, but how do you think all these different witnesses can take in hundreds or thousands of books per year for these top-notch talent? I stood in line with Sharon and their team of volunteers, we each got our 2 books signed and moved on. Once, Sharon got 2 books signed for her, then pointed to Chandler, held up Chandler's ticket, and got 2 books signed for Chandler once Todd's people acknowledged who those 2 additional books were for. When the McFarlane employees provided additional tickets, some of those volunteers took that opportunity to get an extra ticket and go back through the line. If you don't believe it, fine, I really don't care at this point, I was there, and I know what I saw.

In my opinion, Chandler's rant was not about the "move along" comment, which he apologized for. It was about the attitude and your negative comments about the PR manager when you posted. These message boards are indexed by Google and can be easily read by anyone working for McFarlane, and believe me, the actions at one signing can determine when Todd sets his next public signing date. I read his one paragraph statement to you, and I think you are taking it out of proportion.

Believe it or not, though, Colin, I do have to thank you. Your actions recently are confirming many of the fears and hesitations I have about being a Signature Series witness. It seems that as a witness, even though we get the pats on the back and the "Hey, thanks" in the end we are constantly hearing about any and all mistakes 100 times louder than any positive benefit we provide. It seems that, if we don't live and breathe and respond to every single post within 3.5 seconds, people start yelling and complaining and assuming that we are "ignoring" them. Perfect example: The Jeff Smith signing in Concord in December. (you *really* don't want me to use this example too much) A signing that *YOU* were one of the main forces for having, by the way, a signing where you knew the date, and as the date got closer and closer, suddenly at the deadline, you need my address and start screaming up and down the boards, contacting anyone who's online, etc., making me look like the schmuck because I wasn't instantly available at your fingertips to respond. (yes, yes, I know, that was not your intention. Guess what? In *MY* opinion, that's what happened. And last I checked, I am entitled to my opinion)

Beyond the instant availability issue, you are clearly still holding onto the grade drop issue like Desert Wind deliberately was stomping on your grave or something. I am now terrified of what you will think of me regarding the Jeff Smith books, and let me tell you, it's just not worth it. The aggravation of what might happen to someone's book, whether it's in my control, or the artist/writer is too aggressive with the book, or whatever, the blame always seems to land in the witness's lap. For $8-10 per book, dealing with signing bags, transportation, packing and mailing to CGC, handing and collecting books from whoever we're getting signed, etc, to me is way too little. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy helping people getting their books signed by their favorite creator, I've been doing it through eBay since the late 90's (I buy the books and sell them signed) but I've probably developed ulcers worrying about every book I've taken in to be CGCed. I've told Chandler and Sharon numerous times that I think they're crazy for all they do and all the books they handle. Thankfully, they ignore those comments and keep doing it... :) I hope to announce some more signings in 2009 myself, so I'm not shying away from taking other people's books. But I don't do it for the money. I ended up losing money on the Jeff Smith signing, but the why is not public business, and as much as I'm aching to rant and rave about why, I won't.

Unfortunately, this aggressive response is not because of your particular words, but because your comments echo other responses I've encountered while being a witness. Chandler and Sharon BOTH HAVE DAY JOBS!!!! THEY HAVE BEEN BUSY PREPPING BOOKS FOR A STAN LEE PRIVATE SIGNING THIS WEEK, THE NEW YORK COMIC CON NEXT WEEK, AND PRIVATE SIGNINGS WITH JOHN ROMITA SR, GENE COLAN, AND JOE SIMON! I saw them today in LA, as I helped out a little with the Stan Lee signing and did some other signings on my own. They are struggling to get everything done in time for their flight next week, and in the meantime, live their own life. It is very easy to sit back and go, "Gee, they don't have one minute to send a quick reply and then a detailed one later?" Yeah, let me tell you, they don't. The rest of the world does not revolve around them, as every little thing takes time. As ridiculous as this will probably sound, they are killing themselves with all these signings!

Personally, I am shocked that Chandler still has a day job given the comics work he has been doing. He sets these things up because he is eager, his clients are very hungry for it, and he is doing the best job he can. Believe me, one day Sharon is going to wring his neck, or he's going to get buried in an avalanche of comics (that, by the way, is probably how I will die, in my storage locker, buried in comics) and many of you will miss Chandler for what he does. But I digress. :)

Bottom line: He is busy. Extremely busy. He is not ignoring you to be rude to you, he simply has too many things to do.

Me personally, the last thing I'd want to do is spend my valuable time on a petty argument like this. I need to get ready for New York as well. If I had to choose between helping *current* clients who appreciate me and a *former* client who, even though he says I'm a great guy, spends time and paragraphs detailing why he secretly hates me, yeah I'm going to choose the current client. My personal opinion only, I am not representing anyone else with these comments!

So, yes, thank you for proving to me that my fears are real. Thank you for personifying the "gratitude" I can come to expect for trying to help out someone with their collection. And while I'm struggling to end this without being negative and petty, I just can't. Colin, I will complete the job I started with the Jeff Smith books, as I discussed with you in the past. Once that job is done, to the best of my ability, I am not interested in accepting any more books from you. I reserve the right to refuse service and if you ask for any more submissions, I will exercise that right. If you want to hate me forever and take pot shots on me on the boards when you find a chance, go right ahead. I just don't care, and while this probably seems like I'm overreacting, believe me, my other response would have probably resembled a string of the spoon remark.

Man, I need sleep. I wonder if my account will be banned after this tirade? :)

Joel

While I have been busy myself prepping for a convention TODAY and the New York show later this week, I have been following this thread.

I have also heard some accountings from people who were at Phoenix as to what happened. Basically, it sounds like Todd McFarlane had a signing. :P

As with Chicago last year, it sounds like it wasn't easy. It was tightly controlled, and people had more books for Todd than the publicly announced signing limits. Jen's job is to be the bad guy. Witnesses accepted books for customers knowing the limits were tight. It's a risk we take and we have to do what we can to get those books, which are our responsibility, taken care of.

It doesn't always end successfully. That's the way things go. We try what we can. Some people try to make deals with the creators, make pitches in advance, contact the shows... basically do whatever they can to do their jobs. I understand the headaches, but this isn't done for free... it's a service.

If this continues to be a constant drum-beating/confrontation pattern, with a repeat of the same basic information and argument every second post, I will shut this thread down for lack of productivity when I get home tonight.

OK, I give..

Chandler: I still find your post towards me to be unethical, two-faced and rude. You know very well that I didn't hold up the line, you know that the PR lady had no right to touch my naked books twice, and you know that I didn't do anything wrong by simply asking for an extra book to be signed. I certainly didn't press any issues. To say that my behavior reflects poorly on our community is just untrue, and in very poor taste to say publicly. It is also a poor choice to present a public tirade about me immediately after I professed to having a poor experience at the con. Adding insult to injury is not a becoming personality trait, Chandler.

Joel: I'm sorry that your fears were confirmed by my retort to Chandler. I have no problem if you no longer wish to handle my books in the future and I'll let you decide if you wish to complete our current transaction. The bottom line is that being a CGC witness is a job and a service, that is why we pay you and that is why you are highly respected. To be 100% frank, having the title of CGC witness should be viewed as an honor and a privilege...If you don't think it's 'worth it' and that its a 'thankless job'....well, I'm sorry to hear that. Send me a PM or give me a call whenever you get a chance with regards to the Smith books.

Up until this incident with Chandler, I have had nothing but positive experiences with Signature Series books and witnesses. I still consider Anthony Carpenter a god amongst men for attaining my favorite book in my collection (my beloved Invincible #1 LE CGC 9.9 SS Kirkman book). I have nothing but good things to say about past transactions with cats like Steve and JJ ( a pair of paragons atop the shining pillars of witness-dom (: ).

In my final defense, I truly disliked being 'made an example of' by Chandler for little to no reason, and I'm unsure why his actions are being tolerated. I admit to being semi-abrasive in some of my retorts to Chandler, but comics are very important to me, and when someone attacks my character I feel obligated to defend myself.

There...I'm finished, and I consider it dropped...

--end rant

Kevin.....I just want to say that you my friend...are the man!

Mr. and Mrs. Rice are good people.....I like them, if they tell you something, its true. There is something to be said for that.

Mr. Gam.....I like him too. I dealt with him a bit, always nice, always honest, what more can you ask for. Very delightful.

Back to Kevin......Kevin Boyd is Kevin Boyd, enough for me!

OK, I give..

Chandler: I still find your post towards me to be unethical, two-faced and rude. You know very well that I didn't hold up the line, you know that the PR lady had no right to touch my naked books twice, and you know that I didn't do anything wrong by simply asking for an extra book to be signed. I certainly didn't press any issues. To say that my behavior reflects poorly on our community is just untrue, and in very poor taste to say publicly.

Joel: I'm sorry that your fears were confirmed by my retort to Chandler. I have no problem if you no longer wish to handle my books in the future and I'll let you decide if you wish to complete our current transaction. The bottom line is that being a CGC witness is a job and a service, that is why we pay you and that is why you are highly respected. To be 100% frank, having the title of CGC witness should be viewed as an honor and a privilege...If you don't think it's 'worth it' and that its a 'thankless job'....well, I'm sorry to hear that. Send me a PM or give me a call whenever you get a chance with regards to the Smith books.

Up until this incident with Chandler, I have had nothing but positive experiences with Signature Series books and witnesses. I still consider Anthony Carpenter a god amongst men for attaining my favorite book in my collection (my beloved Invincible #1 LE CGC 9.9 SS Kirkman book). I have nothing but good things to say about past transactions with cats like Steve and JJ ( a pair of paragons atop the shining pillars of witness-dom (: ).

In my final defense, I truly disliked being 'made an example of' by Chandler for little to no reason, and I'm unsure why his actions are being tolerated. I admit to being semi-abrasive in some of my retorts to Chandler, but comics are very important to me, and when someone attacks my character I feel obligated to defend myself.

There...I'm finished, and I consider it dropped...

--end rant

dude, dont you ever stop :tonofbricks:

If this continues to be a constant drum-beating/confrontation pattern, with a repeat of the same basic information and argument every second post, I will shut this thread down for lack of productivity when I get home tonight.

:popcorn: