• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you ever get a letter published in a comic book? Or win a ''No-Prize''?

39 posts in this topic

I remember writing to GI Joe concerning issue 36 and why Snake Eyes appeared to be in 2 places at once. My rationale never got published and it got me thinking if any of you guys ever got a letter published in the Letters Page of a comic. Or ever won a No-Prize from Marvel...

Yep..had a brief letter published in an issue of Micronauts I think. Not sure which one. I also received a type-written and hand-signed letter from Bill Mantlo on Marvel stationery, which I still have. It was a pretty big deal when I was 11 or 12.

Got my name on top of a building in Amaz Spid 312, page escapes me at the

moment. My name is made of broken timbers. !!! :grin:

That deserves a picture...post it up.

I'll see if I can do that tonight. I think Mr Bedrock was a host at

the show that Todd the Godd attended. I was honored with buying

drinks at the hotel.

Yep..had a brief letter published in an issue of Micronauts I think. Not sure which one. I also received a type-written and hand-signed letter from Bill Mantlo on Marvel stationery, which I still have. It was a pretty big deal when I was 11 or 12.

Awesome! I got the a blue card with the thank you from Mantlo as well, but didn't get the letter published though. I was a die hard micronauts fan (even had a subscription).

In the late 68's I sent a number of letters in and managed to receive a number of NO Prizes plus back them Flo responded to the fans which was incredible. :applause:

Some of these letters were during the FF48-50 (worship)

scan0004ao5.jpg

letterhl8.jpg:cloud9:

amrvel2au0.jpg:cloud9:

They are among my most prized possesions. :banana:

Wonder how much a near mint No Prize is worth?

WEBHEAD