• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you ever get a letter published in a comic book? Or win a ''No-Prize''?

39 posts in this topic

X-Men 20. I was 14. I was the coolest kid in the neighborhood for a good 2-3 months. Even my parents were impressed.

I was talking to Buddy Saunders about this a few years back and he remarked to me that he had two letters printed in Mystery in Space and Julie sent him two covers - which he still owns!

I got the cool little No Prize envelope. Buddy gets two covers easily worth 20 grand each... :tonofbricks:

back in the mid 90's, I had a bunch of letters published in a myriad of DC comics... a shame they really don't do letter columns anymore

I agree and I really enjoy reading the letters page from the SA to the

BA.

Collecting DC war I love when the letter writer was a soldier written

from Vietnam. Just another piece of history and very interesting to

read their opinions while serving their country in a war that was not

too popular on the homefront.

I've read a few where soldiers would say their buddy "Pulled off a

Sgt Rock" if he did something very brave and got away unhurt.

I wrote an extremely embarassing letter begging Marvel not to cancel one of there lesser titles. Thank gd it never was published. orange.gif

This is your chance to really get embarassed. Which character?

I havent reached that step in my recovery. thnx for asking though.

:)

Two letters in Cerebus, the second letter with me sarcastically commenting on the lameness of the first.

Got one of those cool blue postcards myself, circa 1970 and signed by Stan Himself, telling me that my letter (to Fantastic Four) was a knockout! Alas, it was never published....

But I still have the postcard!

In the late 68's I sent a number of letters in and managed to receive a number of NO Prizes plus back them Flo responded to the fans which was incredible. :applause:

Some of these letters were during the FF48-50 (worship)

scan0004ao5.jpg

letterhl8.jpg:cloud9:

amrvel2au0.jpg:cloud9:

They are among my most prized possesions. :banana:

Wonder how much a near mint No Prize is worth?

WEBHEAD

(worship) I'm green with envy!

I had two letters published. One outstandingly lame letter in Beowulf 4, and one in FF during the Byrne run.

After the one in FF was printed I started getting letters from a convict wanting to sell me his OO comics. Scared the out of me.

I had two letters published. One outstandingly lame letter in Beowulf 4, and one in FF during the Byrne run.

After the one in FF was printed I started getting letters from a convict wanting to sell me his OO comics. Scared the out of me.

That's funny. Perhaps the OO of the Green River collection?

That's funny. Perhaps the OO of the Green River collection?

Probably missed the deal of the century :cry: