• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

at the risk of upsetting the OP - welcome to the boards by the way :foryou: - i find it incredibly hard to believe that even a company as inept as PGX would swap out a book for a later printing. it's like taking your car to the shop and them swapping it out for a different one.

what, they thought you wouldn't notice? it's stupidity on a level approaching demigod status

My suggestion is to for you to make a phone call to the DA for whatever county PGX is operating in and explain to them that someone within their jurisdiction has broken inter-state commerce laws.

Thanks for the idea, Buffyfan. I just got off the phone with the DA of Laney County, Oregon. The operator directed me to Attorney General of California. Called that A.G. number and that operator set me straight. After hearing a bit of the business practice and the complaint, the operator said to I should consult the Attorney General of Oregon as well as the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) to pursue a complaint to investigate the claim and the business practices of a business whose clientel and services cross county and state lines. I discovered if using the FTA and/or the A.G. of Oregon it would be to bar the business from practice not for monetary law suits.

So I have to hold off on filing a complaint to these Federal and State law offices till after PGX has settled this.

at the risk of upsetting the OP - welcome to the boards by the way :foryou: - i find it incredibly hard to believe that even a company as inept as PGX would swap out a book for a later printing. it's like taking your car to the shop and them swapping it out for a different one.

what, they thought you wouldn't notice? it's stupidity on a level approaching demigod status

How about this? I almost sold this to another collector for $1000.00+! I decided to keep it to submit to CGC. What would have happened if I did follow thru with the offer and the buyer were to discover the worthless wrong printing in the PGX case?

I asked that same question to Mr. Patterson of PGX. What do you think his answer was?

How about this? I almost sold this to another collector for $1000.00+! I decided to keep it to submit to CGC. What would have happened if I did follow thru with the offer and the buyer were to discover the worthless wrong printing in the PGX case?

I asked that same question to Mr. Patterson of PGX. What do you think his answer was?

:popcorn:

the fact is he needs to tell us the comic.....if its a modern with no particular value, then it was probably an honest mistake on the part of pgx..(why defraud if you don't stand to make coin???)..if it's an older, more expensive comic then i find it difficult to believe that fraud/ deception don't play a part......

Let's hold off on judging the OP until at least some others weigh in on this, specifically any lawyers he may contact

I don't know...all I see is a baseless accusation, against a company which is usually a hot-button topic, with not even the most minimal info to prove this happened. Has all the callsigns for someone waiting to start and knowing it'll have legs for at least a couple days before the mods get to it...

Put up or shut up is a good tenet to have in these situations if you want to be believed...

Jim

Let's hold off on judging the OP until at least some others weigh in on this, specifically any lawyers he may contact

I don't know...all I see is a baseless accusation, against a company which is usually a hot-button topic, with not even the most minimal info to prove this happened. Has all the callsigns for someone waiting to start and knowing it'll have legs for at least a couple days before the mods get to it...

Put up or shut up is a good tenet to have in these situations if you want to be believed...

Jim

i agree :golfclap:

Jim

having doubts is one thing...