• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

I have about 30% of my slabbed books as PGX. The other 70% is of course, CGC'd. If I decide to sell any of my PGX slabbed books, I will most likely just de-slab them, using the pGX grade as a guide, and sell them raw.

:gossip: I would consider having them graded by CGC. I tried PGX once :eek: and was dissapointed in the grades received.

On the flip side, I've cracked a few PGX slabs (purchased already slabbed) and the majority have come back in a higher grade from CGC.

:banana:

The only downside to cracking a PGX book would be the possibility of missed resto, wrong print, etc.

The only downside to cracking a PGX book would be the possibility of missed resto, wrong print, etc.

Always make sure you are ready when doing so. Some guy on eBay is selling this $200 "How to crack open a PGX case" kit. Sounds like a decent investment.

PGX_openingkit.jpg

Always make sure you are ready when doing so. Some guy on eBay is selling this $200 "How to crack open a PGX case" kit. Sounds like a decent investment.

PGX_openingkit.jpg

:gossip: you're missing the pic of the KY jelly

This is a case of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person scamming an insufficiently_thoughtful_person ... no matter whose side you take.

What I don't get is even though this guy had problems I believe he admits submitting books to PGX up to late 2007 ... if I read his "conclusion" post over at CPG right.

A week or so back a forum member(goldeneye), claimed that MagicDan had admitted as much to the whole thing being a fraud on the CPG forum in order to burn PGX. No link was provided. My impression after viewing the video initially was the entire thing was staged.

There has been some recent revelations on a different comic forum in regards to PGX.

(i.e. Facebook pages of the graders being posted and Dan of PGX claiming Ryan Elliott has noting to do with PGX, except that he is facebook friends with all of the graders + comments on their posts)

I would be really surprised if the TMNT #1 PGX scam turned out to be a fallacy,