• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

so none of you even know anything about him.

Finally we have come to the crux of the matter...we know diddly about MagicDan yet we are supposed to buy his story hook, line and sinker...I don't think so...

Just because PGX is a notoriously krappy business does not mean that, by default, MagicDan is correct in his claims...

Whether he is correct or not, he does not deserve ridicule at this point.

Finally we have come to the crux of the matter...we know diddly about MagicDan yet we are supposed to buy his story hook, line and sinker...I don't think so...

Just because PGX is a notoriously krappy business does not mean that, by default, MagicDan is correct in his claims...

Sometimes that is just a way to weed out the truth...

Well, then that speaks volumes right there. Fundamental differences. I don't agree with that, and will never agree with that.

Well, then that speaks volumes right there. Fundamental differences. I don't agree with that, and will never agree with that.

What grade would you give the Ultimate Spider Man #2?

Did you buy it directly from the seller that described the damage as post slab, and posted the photo of the crack by the staple, or from someone else?

It's a message board...devoid of all the nuances of a face to face...as I previously stated ridicule can sometimes be just a tool to extrapolate the truth...whether you agree with it or not does not mean that the technique will stop being used... 2c

It's a message board...devoid of all the nuances of a face to face...as I previously stated ridicule can sometimes be just a tool to extrapolate the truth...whether you agree with it or not does not mean that the technique will stop being used... 2c

Nuances of face to face? You mean "common courtesy"? (shrug) So, essentially you're one of those guys that feels powerful behind a keyboard?

Nuances of face to face? You mean "common courtesy"? (shrug) So, essentially you're one of those guys that feels powerful behind a keyboard?

Nah...I'm also powerful in front of a keyboard... :screwy:

I'm all for "common courtesy" ..in fact why don't you practice some before you make accusations that I am "one of those guys..."

What grade would you give the Ultimate Spider Man #2?

Did you buy it directly from the seller that described the damage as post slab, and posted the photo of the crack by the staple, or from someone else?

I sell certified books at the certified grade whether I agree with the grade or not. I disagree with CGC in high grade quite often, but whether it be in my favor or not I sell what it is. My personal grade is a 9.4--but nobody cares what my grades are, that's why I send books in to be certified. I bought the book from that seller. I put it in my eBay store with a disclaimer that I disagree with the grade. Sounds just fine to me.

Nah...I'm also powerful in front of a keyboard... :screwy:

I'm all for "common courtesy" ..in fact why don't you practice some before you make accusations that I am "one of those guys..."

I asked only a question, because you said, "It's a message board...devoid of all the nuances of a face to face...". I didn't say it, you did. If you don't agree with your own claim, than don't write it.

OMG... an Internet argument. :o ... meh

Come on guys, if are going to argue, at least do it over something better than a noob and PGX. Plus, you could have at least whipped out a few cool graemlins. :whatev:

:gossip: I'm trying to be courteous...

OMG... an Internet argument. :o ... meh

Come on guys, if are going to argue, at least do it over something better than a noob and PGX. Plus, you could have at least whipped out a few cool graemlins. :whatev:

:gossip: I'm trying to be courteous...

You are never anything but, RH. :foryou:

>

(BTW: Once I sell a book the video of that book becomes useless to me and is promptly deleted.)

Hmm. If you sold a liberated book to someone else and they re-submitted it to a 3rd Party and there was an issue, wouldnt you want to have that video -- thus proving (kinda) that the book had been pre-graded?

You seem like a very underhanded individual.

Tell me...how would you define 'underhanded'? (shrug)

For example, would you consider this scenario to be 'underhanded'?

Person buys slabbed book that has damage & cause fully disclosed...

...for $35

But then tries to sell it for almost four times that amount...

...without anything like the same level of disclosure.

Is this acceptable or 'underhanded'? hm

Acceptable.

I noted that I feel the book was overgraded, because I do think it is.

Which you think is just as good as stating...

*IMPORTANT NOTE: This book has suffered damaged while encased in the slab. A small tear has started emanating from the top of the bottom staple and a couple of corners show a small bit of impact blunting. I have enclosed close-ups of the visible damage below.

...and providing close up photos of said damage?

Any reason why you decided not to provide the same level of disclosure as the original seller did for you?

I would think that, if the CGC grade was no longer valid as a 9.8 (due to post-slabbing damage, not 'over-grading'), there is an onus on the seller to describe the damage and perhaps allocate a new grade? (shrug)

If the damaged happened in the slab, why wouldn't the original owner return the book to CGC and say, "Look-it, my book got damaged in the slab."

Irrelevant.

The original seller sold it with full disclosure and close up photos of the damage. His choice.

The buyer then attempted to sell it on without. Also his choice.

Just wondering whether this choice qualifies as 'underhanded', as this was the word being casually bandied about last night? (shrug)

If the damaged happened in the slab, why wouldn't the original owner return the book to CGC and say, "Look-it, my book got damaged in the slab."

Irrelevant.

The original seller sold it with full disclosure and close up photos of the damage. His choice.

The buyer then attempted to sell it on without. Also his choice.

Just wondering whether this choice qualifies as 'underhanded', as this was the word being casually bandied about last night? (shrug)

I wasn't necessarily asking within the context of the situation here. Just in general.

I do agree with you here as I saw the original post where the book was sold and the damage highlighted.

Was it an underhanded act to sell the book without the same level of disclosure? Well, underhanded might be a strong word. I would call it neglectful.