• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just back from cgc - Mags

307 posts in this topic

Seriously, no one's gotten any new mags back in almost a month? Come on, people!

My only mag for next couple of weeks will be a DHKF #3 signed by Jim Kelly. It is so pimp I want to smack myself.

Next, a 1968 Creepy Yearbook 9.2 white, both my 69 & 70 yearbooks are 9.6, but this will have to fit in until I can find a better one. Besides, it has 3 mini Frazetta's on the cover.

creepy68_92.jpg

Okay, the last one is actually a book that has never been graded before.

Ironic that it comes back the same week as Frank passing away. :(

It's the only magazine to have his name, at least authorized.

Frank Frazetta Illustrated #1 9.8 white

The scan does not do this book justice, it looks beautiful in person. (worship)

FFI1.jpg

I have some coming later this week or early next week. I took a little break from grading fees after New Years.

I only have 3 this first group, but there is a group of 12 due early next month.

If I told you which ones, it would spoil the suprise :grin:

Let me guess, A N O T H E R, Vampi #1 in 9.4 :baiting:

:)

Just another week or so...to go... :wishluck:

Just trying to add some spice to this forum lol

I have some coming later this week or early next week. I took a little break from grading fees after New Years.

I only have 3 this first group, but there is a group of 12 due early next month.

If I told you which ones, it would spoil the suprise :grin:

Let me guess, A N O T H E R, Vampi #1 in 9.4 :baiting:

:)

Okay, it turns out it is ANOTHER Vampirella #1 in 9.4, this one has white pages, so slightly better than my other one. It was pregraded at 9.6, but just didn't make it thru the whole process at that grade :P (I still think it looks better than my other 9.4, but what do I know)

There are a couple of other books that are now the highest graded from this group.

National Lampoon #13 at 9.6 white, previous high was 9.2, the other new highest is a Vampirella #31 at 9.6 with white pages, previous high was 9.4.

(both are Frazetta covers)

:whee:

The rest are okay, but nothing else census breaking. (shrug)

Here is a scan of the raw #1, the back was near perfect also. :gossip:

V1.jpg

Okay chillins, my books finally made the long pilgrimage from cgc lol

Not posting all of them, just a few. Lets start small, and work our way up.

First up, Vampirella #6 9.4, not a real high grade, but works for my second set.

vampi6_94.jpg

National Lampoon #13 9.6 Previous high was 9.2.

Very tough book in high grade, and probably one of the least known Frazetta magazine covers. It's one of my favorite non-Warren Frazetta mag covers.

national13_96.jpg