• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just back from cgc - Mags

307 posts in this topic

Wow! This thread was a ton of fun to read through and admire the mags you all have. Makmorn, you have an incredible collection! Nothing else to add, back to my Silver and Bronze age Marvel addicton... :whistle:

Here is the highest graded #16, nice Frazetta cover, Adams story inside to match.

NFS of course :cloud9:

The other 11 books were not census breakers, some nice books, but nothing chartbusting.

Gorgeous cover! (thumbs u

Here is the highest graded #16, nice Frazetta cover, Adams story inside to match.

NFS of course :cloud9:

The other 11 books were not census breakers, some nice books, but nothing chartbusting.

Gorgeous cover! (thumbs u

(worship)

People sell these? :o

Probably Ebay, unless they are very high grade (9.8's), then maybe Pedigree or Clinks. I normally don't sell my highest grades so hard for me to say for sure, highest I ever sell is 9.6, and I don't even let those go very often. I only do that when I have 2 or 3 of the same grade or higher, and that does not happen too often.

People sell these? :o

Probably Ebay, unless they are very high grade (9.8's), then maybe Pedigree or Clinks. I normally don't sell my highest grades so hard for me to say for sure, highest I ever sell is 9.6, and I don't even let those go very often. I only do that when I have 2 or 3 of the same grade or higher, and that does not happen too often.

From what I have seen on graded mags, these will all come back 9.4 to 9.8. I expect the lion's share to be 9.6s.

Like anything else it depends on the issue # and the title.

Vampirella sells fairly well wherever you list it, Creepy comes in second and Eerie usually third in popularity. No real reason for it to be that way, there are some fantastic covers and stories in Eerie, but it's just not as popular or perhaps as well known as the other two titles. (shrug)

Okay just a few new ones came in today...So gather around my mag seekers..

First up....

After Hours #2, an okay grade for a 1957 mag, and the second magazine Jim Warren published...tied with one other 8.0

AH2_80.jpg

1970 Eerie yearbook, a collage of Frazetta covers. First of the Eerie yearbook/annuals. Pretty sure I bought this around 1990 from a comic shop that went poof, and was gone the next time I went to buy more books.

2 others grade higher at 9.8

eerie70_96.jpg

Last but certainly not least, Vampirella #5 9.8, tied with 2 others for the top spot...one of my favorite Vampirella covers, and the first issue I bought off the rack in 1970 :cloud9:

(not this copy of course)

vampi5_98.jpg