• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just back from cgc - Mags

307 posts in this topic

Got these back today. Likely going to sell them.

Creepy 43 9.8 White

Creepy 60 9.8 White

Eerie 23 9.4 White

Eerie 41 9.6 White

Vampirella 57 9.8 White

Vampirella 59 9.8 White

Nice grades :applause:

(and I will likely buy one) :banana:

Thankies

Ok, ok. So I am definitely going to sell them. :grin:

Then I will definately take this one (thumbs u

Thanks man, I can never have too many of these ;)

eerie23_94.jpg

Frazetta Hoarder !

That's just cruel (tsk)

I check out the magazine threads about once a month, or if I see some activity on one of the topics,

you go and snag an Eerie #23, in 9.4 no less, off it.

Note to self - check magazine threads more frequently :flamed:

eerie23_94.jpg

I was wondering why October never offered Eerie #23 in his sale thread. It got snagged well before.

Dan

Truth is, I had talked to, (okay nagged), October for almost a year for his Eerie #23.

Not strictly "just back from cgc" but cant find a "this week in your mag collection" which strictly isn't true either, but any chance to post a nice book. :grin:

very nice I just picked up a couple of Creepy 32's that I have been trying to find for a good long while now.

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

Yep, they look very nice :applause:

I picked up a new (well for me) Frazetta SS mag too :whee:

Creepy3_96ss.jpg

Oh, and this, not actually a mag, but since there is a lot of Frazetta stuff in this thread, I figure what the heck... (shrug)

tallyho.jpg

I have been a lurker for awhile and have appreciated the images... when the Blue Vampirella subject came up... I laughed a bit... as I think I may have the corner on the market... each of these is 9.8 no doubt... I sold the few that were slightly less nice like 9.6++ maybe to Makmorn lol:hi:

anyway for your viewing pleasure...

Disco

th_VAMPIBLUELOTP2.jpg

th_VAMPIBLUELOTP1.jpg

th_VAMPIBLUELOTP3.jpg

Nice grouping you have, but you're wrong. I know exactly who you are and I don't think I have ever bought any books from you, definately no Vampi blue foils.

I bought most of mine directly from Harris :slapfight:

Counting the 4 I have already had graded (3x9.8 and 1x9.6 personally, I think the 9.6 needs to be regraded), I would say you don't have that many more than me.

We do now know where about 1/3 of the 100 are though :grin:

vampibluez.jpg

There have been 12 graded (4 were mine) and I have 9 left, and it looks like you have about 15. I know exactly were all my books are, 1 was signed by Frazetta so no longer a blue label, 1 universal 9.8 is offshore and in the possession of a person that purchased it from me, he also bought the only gold foil 9.8 from me. The other universal blue foil 9.8 I still have along with the 9.6.

So that puts the total around 36 accounted for, leaving 64 out there somewhere. I contacted Harris when he was selling these and bought all of the remaining stock, so there are none to be had from them. The last book he had in stock is the 9.6 I have, I had it graded just for the fact it was the last book.

Of the remaining 64 books, some were shipped overseas, and many were probably damaged in the shipping process. I know of a guy in England that bought one, but it was badly beat up by the time he got it, leaving 63. Hard to say until the others show up, which might not be for years. Then again, there may be some dealer out there with 20 or 30 copies, you never know. More likely they are in the hands of collectors, one or two, here and there.

With 63 out of the 100 unaccounted for, I don't know if it's possible to control the market very much. However, I can tell you mine won't ever be sold cheap, the list price was about $60 when they were available from Harris. The fact there were only 100 and they are no longer in stock, would increase the list price for even a raw copy. Hard to say how much more until more show up, if no more show up, then who knows how much they could sell for. Every now and then you see one for sale, but they are usually damaged, so I don't know how many high grade ones are still out there, probably less than you might think due to the post office and Harris shipping in a non-padded envelope.

:popcorn:

There is at least one, and I believe two, Blue Foil Vampis that were signed by Frazetta and submitted for SS. The one I know for sure is 9.8. I think all three that are on the census are actually Blue Foil variants. JonJesper had 6 or 8 of them for sale a couple of years ago.