• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just back from cgc - Mags

307 posts in this topic

The Eerie #23 has a tiny corner crease in the upper right that breaks some color, I still thought it would pull a 9.2 even with that, otherwise the book is pretty sweet, owell, ya can't fight city hall. (shrug)

I probably gave the wrong impression about undergrounds, I do like them, and I really do think they should be allowed their own area. Other than people looking for magazine info, no one knows they are even on these boards.

I really like Rick Griffin, Corben and Bode the most, along with the freak brothers. Here are a couple of Corben's I had graded recently.

Slow Death #4, highest and only 9.8

slowdeath4.jpg

Fantagor #3, tied with 2 others at 9.6, probably one of my favorite Corben covers, the back is cool, but I can't show it on the boards. Looks as nice as a 9.8, and it's definately not due to color loss, the book looks great in hand.

fantagor3.jpg

Holy smokes... where do you find all those high grade Warrens?? :o

All I have is a lousy 9.4/White Vampirella 113 on its way back :(

You poor thing.

How will you ever manage with such a cheap, crummy book..?

I know...I'll take it for you, get it out of your sight. I'll even pay for the shipping.

No no...don't thank me. It's what I do for nice people like you.

;)

On it's way back from cgc, no picture yet, should be here in a few days, will post the scan then:

Creepy 16 8/67 Warren Publishing Universal 9.6 WHITE (highest and only) :banana:

(for those that don't know, this book is tough to find in high grade, only 3 x 9.0, 9.2 & 9.4)

The rest is pretty bleh, meaning mostly 9.2's and 9.0's :P

Here is a scan of the highest CGC graded 9.8 copy of Vampire Tales #8 with white pages. Blade the Vampire slayers 1st solo book WOW!. Its featured at auction on the upcoming Comicconect comic auction starting 9/10/09.

Here is the highest graded #16, nice Frazetta cover, Adams story inside to match.

NFS of course :cloud9:

The other 11 books were not census breakers, some nice books, but nothing chartbusting.

creepy16_96.jpg