• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my entire Collection - Part 2 First up: Timelys

563 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery 8

This issue starts the famous Human Torch / Sub-Mariner battle that continues in issue #9

Purchased this one as an F/VF from a major dealer at the SD Comic Con a few years ago. Structurally the book is solid, but staining probably brings the book down into the FN range at best.

Moderate restoration (color touch, tear seals, pieces added) primarily limited to the right edge

$2250

Marvel8.jpg

MarvelMystery8back.jpg

:takeit:
Way to go Ben! :applause: Call me sometime! :baiting:

Here it is. The one that I'm sure everyone's been waiting for

Marvel Mystery 9 apparent FN Extensive restoration

"color touch, tear seals, pieces added, spine reinforced"

Some of the interior pages have some pieces added in the margins as well.

The colors on this book are absolutely incredible and the eye appeal is not bad either

Listed as "Scarce" in the Overstreet and listed as a classic cover i'm going to go out on a limb and say this one is THE single hottest Timely comic at the moment. A 5.0 just sold for $20k+ and I have no doubt it would sell for $25k-$30k today! I believe another board member sold a restored copy in low grade & missing the back cover for $4k.

Asking $9500

MarvelMystery9-1.jpg

MMC9back.jpg

:gossip: Don't tell the wife! :o

I thought lost balls was what happened when you get married.
suprisingly enough, those I have been able to keep track of, with an occasional misplace from time to time (thumbs u

"Honey, could you please hand me my balls from your purse" :grin:

The secret to a good marriage....Nod and smile :grin:

I go with the biblical statement that the wife should "honor and obey" the husband... it works, on a rare occasion!

I go with the biblical statement that the wife should "honor and obey" the husband... it works, on a rare occasion!

Preach it brotha! (Note: that does not mean husband kicks and rules over wife (tsk)) :foryou:

Marvel Mystery 8

This issue starts the famous Human Torch / Sub-Mariner battle that continues in issue #9

Purchased this one as an F/VF from a major dealer at the SD Comic Con a few years ago. Structurally the book is solid, but staining probably brings the book down into the FN range at best.

Moderate restoration (color touch, tear seals, pieces added) primarily limited to the right edge

$2250

Marvel8.jpg

MarvelMystery8back.jpg

Way to go Ben! :applause: Call me sometime! :baiting: [/quoI

OK I'll start calling you Sometime! I was gonna call you the Bahama Mama Action man

Who's babysitting the actions while cruising in the warmth

Just so everyone knows, I will not be adding to this thread tonight. I will be adding more books Thursday through Sunday and finishing the thread up over the weekend. (thumbs u

but.... there's nothing good on TV :shrug:

Just so everyone knows, I will not be adding to this thread tonight. I will be adding more books Thursday through Sunday and finishing the thread up over the weekend. (thumbs u

lol So you're giving other sellers a chance to sell books tonight. Good move! (thumbs u

I go with the biblical statement that the wife should "honor and obey" the husband... just as it should be!

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u