• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine movie trailer, for those who haven't seen it

46 posts in this topic

Wolverine movie trailer

Looks pretty cool. Don't know what I think about Deadpool in a muscle shirt and no mask, I guess Ryan Reynolds is too 'pretty' to obfuscate his appearance. :P

While there's probably some truth to your statement, my guess would be that the shot of him in the trailer takes place before Weapon X gives him an overhaul. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see him scarred and/or masked by the movie's end.

Just for my own amusement, this will make Ryan Reynolds 2 different people in the Marvel Universe; Hannibal King (Blade 3) and Deadpool (This movie). This happened before with

Rebecca Romijn as Frank's neighbor in the Punisher and Mystique in the X-men movies,

Ben Foster as another of Frank's neighbors in the Punisher and Angel in X-men 3,

and Sam Elliot as General Ross and Caretaker in Hulk and Ghost Rider, respectively. Besides the Stan Lee cameos, has this happened any other times within the Marvel Movie Universe?

Nope you missed one...Foggy Nelson in Daredevil is also Happy Hogan in Iron Man, not sure what his real name is.

Jim

Wolverine movie trailer

Looks pretty cool. Don't know what I think about Deadpool in a muscle shirt and no mask, I guess Ryan Reynolds is too 'pretty' to obfuscate his appearance. :P

While there's probably some truth to your statement, my guess would be that the shot of him in the trailer takes place before Weapon X gives him an overhaul. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see him scarred and/or masked by the movie's end.

Just for my own amusement, this will make Ryan Reynolds 2 different people in the Marvel Universe; Hannibal King (Blade 3) and Deadpool (This movie). This happened before with

Rebecca Romijn as Frank's neighbor in the Punisher and Mystique in the X-men movies,

Ben Foster as another of Frank's neighbors in the Punisher and Angel in X-men 3,

and Sam Elliot as General Ross and Caretaker in Hulk and Ghost Rider, respectively. Besides the Stan Lee cameos, has this happened any other times within the Marvel Movie Universe?

Nope you missed one...Foggy Nelson in Daredevil is also Happy Hogan in Iron Man, not sure what his real name is.

Jim

Jon Favreau...the Director, actually. (thumbs u

Wolverine movie trailer

Looks pretty cool. Don't know what I think about Deadpool in a muscle shirt and no mask, I guess Ryan Reynolds is too 'pretty' to obfuscate his appearance. :P Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth and Taylor Kitsch as Gambit look better than I thought they would.

Now let's hope the story doesn't suck.

I think we will see Deadpool in full costume in the film. This is only the first trailer and I have no doubt they want to feature Reynolds without the mask as a draw to bring in some movie goers.

Gambit is the the one characters most fans have wanted to see since the first film. I am somewhat surprised he has not turned up till now.

I'm scared because...

this looks REALLY good.

I actually liked this trailer more than I did the Dark Knight. Now, I know there's no way it'll be as good as the Dark Knight, but ... it sure looks good from this. I wasn't planning to see this in theaters, but I'm changing my mind on that as of right now.

-Rob-

Ok. This looks cool as hell. I can't wait. :applause:

On a side note...That kid that plays the young Wolvie with the bone claws...Can you imagine how cool it would be to go to school with THAT on your resume?

^^

:banana: :banana: :banana:

WOLVERINES!

Oops, wrong movie...

Can't wait!

red_dawn07.png

I think I'll make that my avatar...

Whenever I here someone use the acronym RPG I think of the rocket-propelled grenades in Red Dawn.

FGMP from Traveller always stuck with me... anyone recall what it stood for?

Wolverine movie trailer

Looks pretty cool. Don't know what I think about Deadpool in a muscle shirt and no mask, I guess Ryan Reynolds is too 'pretty' to obfuscate his appearance. :P Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth and Taylor Kitsch as Gambit look better than I thought they would.

Gambit is the the one characters most fans have wanted to see since the first film. I am somewhat surprised he has not turned up till now.

Wolverine movie trailer

Totally agree with you. I'm sure it's pretty well-known on these boards, but they've tried to get Gambit in the movies before. If I'm not mistaken, you see a mutant writhing in pain at a card table in a deleted Dark Cerebro scene on the X-men 2 DVD; an obvious hint for Gambit. Although we did see "Remy LeBeau (Gambit) on a list of mutants that Mystique was looking at in the lab in X-2. Also, they wanted Sawyer from Lost (Josh Holloway, I think) to portray the Cajun in the 3rd movie, but he turned it down stating that it was too close to his character in Lost and he didn't want to be type-cast. I think past that they wrote the character out in the movie.

It'll be nice to see him on screen, and the trailers make it look like we'll get to see him for at least one cool action sequence.

I knew about the movie for a while, but I wasn't excited for it until I saw the trailer! I know it's in its early stages, but I also have high hopes for the X-men Origins: Magneto movie as I'm a bigger Magneto fan than I am a Wolverine fan.

Very cool! Can't wait to see it...just hope its better than the X-men movies.

I saw the trailer last night as a preview to the new Keanu movie. I didn't think the Wolverine trailer was all that great really, but I'm not too up on all the new Wolverine/Origin/Creed mystique so maybe I'm missing something.

Are a lot of the lines between the characters based on what's been written in the comics?