• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would this be ok with you? Ebay Offer

27 posts in this topic

wow comics #29

Would you be offended if someone (me) sent you (seller) a pm offering to pay $300 if it didn't sell?

Am i being rude offering that much? From my meager sources it looks overpriced at $450? (i don't have access to GPA)

I would not be offended by that offer. I might give you a quick NO, but that's a reasonable offer to someone who is touting a book as Mint +. :o

If that book is legit, which seems doubtful, it would be on the par of an Edgar Church. Those edges look too sharp, staple too shiny and the cover has had to have been cleaned and trimmed. If it truly is unrestored, then that would be a nice book for any collection and $450 would be a reaonable price.

gpa is

Grade Notes 2006 Avg 2007 Avg 12Mnth Avg 90Day Avg Last Sale

( 9.4 ) Crowley Copy (1) $383 - - - $383 Nov-2006

Working...

( 9.4 ) Edgar Church (Mile High) (1) $1,076 - - - $1,076 Sep-2006

Working...

( 9.2 ) Crowley Copy/File Copy - (1) $311 - - $311 Jan-2007

Working...

( 8.5 ) - (1) $203 - - $203 Sep-2007

Working...

( 8.5 ) Rockford pedigree - - - - $259 Oct-2002

not too many sales on this one.

I would offer him $ 300 as is, or $ 335 IF he corrects all the typos....all kidding aside, an offer of a third off list is very normal on eBAY.If something like that angers him...he probably wouldn't be a good person to do business with anyway.Looking at it from his point of view...he knows he will probably never restock that book in that grade again....if he has any collector attachment to the book, he may not be in a big hurray to sell...only one way to find out...dive in.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I would be offended. That book is mint PLUS. That's like...CGC 11.0!  rantrant 
Actually you've got your grades mixed up, a Mint Plus is a 10.5.   :insane: Gotta wonder about the post, if someone else here saw it and wanted it it would be gone (are you trying to help sell it?), just make the offer...

Correct....an 11.0 would be a Mint / Very Mint. GOD BLESS...

The grading scale goes up to an 11.0 now? Man am I out of the loop! :sorry:

You should send him some of the sales records that oakman was nice enough to provide, that should help your case. :gossip: just not the Milw High one

GOOD LUCK

You can simply make the offer - the worst that'll happen is he'll say no. Although depending on how many people have this book on their watch lists, you may have better luck if the auction ends with no bids.

Mint plus? With that back cover? I tend not to trust the comic book seller who cannot spell. As avid readers, comic geeks can usually spell words correctly. Also, the guy has no other comics in his feedback history, so how can he judge MINT PLUS CONDITION?

Actually you've got your grades mixed up, a Mint Plus is a 10.5.   :insane: Gotta wonder about the post, if someone else here saw it and wanted it it would be gone (are you trying to help sell it?), just make the offer...

I thought an 11.0 was a "Ponytail Mint"

haha :takeit:

I believe you're thinking of the almost non existent grade....12.0... a.k.a. Ponytail Minty Mint. GOD BLESS...

-jimjum12(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

no offer realy offends me. if i dont like it all i do is say no. im doing all my ebay items as offers now for the fact people want to have a chance at a better deal. pluss haggleing is fun. ( bad spelling i know )