• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toon Tumblers and ice cold beer....

496 posts in this topic

All he had was the Torch . I would have purchased every single one if he had them for a buck , heck I would have purchased evry one even the DC ones for $3 each. I want a Iron Man one so bad but my wife would not be thrilled for spending $15 on a glass to drink my beer from.

:gossip:

$10 at pretty much any con... especially on the east coast.

Might be the place to get one. Theres the Wizard one here in NJ in October . Everyone online ( Ebay etc) is $10-$12 plus $5-7 to ship. The more I think about it I should have purchased all 20 from this guy today. what a deal I got.

All he had was the Torch . I would have purchased every single one if he had them for a buck , heck I would have purchased evry one even the DC ones for $3 each. I want a Iron Man one so bad but my wife would not be thrilled for spending $15 on a glass to drink my beer from.

:gossip:

$10 at pretty much any con... especially on the east coast.

The guy had about 15-20 ( all Torch) when I got there. I took three , the guy after me grabbed 4 and I walked by later and there was maybe 4-5 left. Was the the Englishtown Fleamarket . This guys was selling all Marvel kids stuff and had these glasses.

Tumblers for $1? How is this possible? Did a case "fall off a truck" somewhere?

hm

That's why I asked. It's likely they have a questionable history. The wholesale price from Diamond with a big money account is in the $5 range. And, that's a new glass. And that's also one I don't know if I am going to be able to get more of.

If you get back over to Englishtown, which I am familiar with in a mid-1980's way, see if you can get the story on their history.

The guy selling the glasses had all marvel stuff , mostly clothes. all cheap. Kids outfits for $2 , underwear for $1 etc. I mean tons of it. boxes. . It was a dad and his son ( like 12 i guess) selling the Marvel stuff. Im sure hes not going to tell me where he got the glasses from, Lets rememebr this is a fleamarket and most of the people there are selling stuff from there houses but this fleamarket is not like most , its 40 acres and has over 1,000 vendors. Last week this same guy was selling Iron Man dolls for $2 ( the big ones )and I know my son wanted one real bad but I will never buy a doll from a flea market . Bugs and stuff. I have no clue where these were kept.

http://www.englishtownauction.com/

That's good information on the other material he is selling. My feeling now is that he is the legit owner of the stuff. Anyway, if you see him again please ask - he'll probably tell you if it is what I am thinking.

Worst that can happen is he'll lie and say "overstock" or something. :)

I dont get there as often as I like . I usually get to that part of Jersey 3-4 times a year when I have a free Saturday/Sunday but I did get to go twice already. Doubt I will get back there before August.

A action Figure seller is supposed to bring me a nice Jaugernaut figure next week for my son so I want to try to get back ( also to see if the guy has any more tumblers). If I do I will ask him but I asked him if he had any more and he walked away. Not a friendly dude.

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

BeerBearandCharley.jpg

Today's pic includes a few loves of mine-

1. Our new cat Charley!! We rescued him from the pound to fill out Team Dudeman after the passing of our beloved Cat-Han Solo. His presence is missed, but his spirit of loving continues on in our new 6 week old kitten Charley. I named him after Tonya and I watched "Willy Wonka" and I thought of Charley and his dreams of a golden ticket. My animals are so spoiled-I believe we are my Charley's golden ticket!

2. Doug Mahnke OA-just one piece of many! (thumbs u Still a few pieces I am hunting for........ hm

3. HOF signed Oakland Raiders helmet! I bought season club tickets after my recent board sales-THESE BOARDS ROCK!!!! :headbang:

4. My new Wolverine Toon Tumbler filled with ICE cold Levitation beer from a local brewery. Thanks again Paul for a wonderful glass to pour ice cold delicious beer into!

Anyone else drinking this fine Monday? (shrug)

:banana:Chris

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

BeerBearandCharley.jpg

1. Our new cat Charley!! We rescued him from the pound to fill out Team Dudeman after the passing of our beloved Cat-Han Solo. His presence is missed, but his spirit of loving continues on in our new 6 week old kitten Charley. I named him after Tonya and I watched "Willy Wonka" and I thought of Charley and his dreams of a golden ticket. My animals are so spoiled-I believe we are my Charley's golden ticket!

2. Doug Mahnke OA-just one piece of many! (thumbs u Still a few pieces I am hunting for........ hm

3. HOF signed Oakland Raiders helmet! I bought season club tickets after my recent board sales-THESE BOARDS ROCK!!!! :headbang:

4. My new Wolverine Toon Tumbler filled with ICE cold Levitation beer from a local brewery. Thanks again Paul for a wonderful glass to pour ice cold delicious beer into!

Dude,how did you get your cat to sit on your shoulder :applause:

Plus,cool Wolverine Toon Tumbler (thumbs u

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

BeerBearandCharley.jpg

Chilled and filled as promised for you!

Charley loves to climb up and ride on Tonya and my shoulders. He is very little and only weighs 1.5 lbs! Our local Stater Bros grocery store actually sells cat milk, so we were able to supplement his diet with it the first few days, saving me the trouble of stalking through the night and milking local strays lol

GOOD TIMES!!

:banana: Chris

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

BeerBearandCharley.jpg

Chilled and filled as promised for you!

Charley loves to climb up and ride on Tonya and my shoulders. He is very little and only weighs 1.5 lbs! Our local Stater Bros grocery store actually sells cat milk, so we were able to supplement his diet with it the first few days, saving me the trouble of stalking through the night and milking local strays lol

GOOD TIMES!!

Glad you got Charley to keep you company my friend! Great toon tumbler and by the way great looking GL you got on the wall behind you!

Ahahaha. This is a great picture. Well done, sir, life is good.

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

BeerBearandCharley.jpg

dudeman5000, good to see you are eing consistent with your brew filling of Toon Tumblers (thumbs u

Alas, I have no beer in the house this evening :sorry:

There is always tomorrow my friend! :applause:

Haha! I love that!...

I used to have a cat as a kid that loved to perch himself on my shoulder

while gripping on to my old coat.

He used to stay up there as I road my bike around.

He would be on a tall fence when I got home from school and he would jump right onto my shoulders.

I used to know a guy that had his cat ride his motorcycle (in a small box near the bars) with him...

cool cat!

:cloud9: