• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toon Tumblers and ice cold beer....

496 posts in this topic

Fear not gents. The second summer semester ends Thursday and I leave for vacation in Florida for about 2 weeks with the wife and boy. Rest assured, plenty of beer will be enjoyed (even if I won't have my Toon Tumblers with me).

Dear Beer,

I miss you. Doctoral work is difficult and living in a alcohol-free dorm this summer is not helping matters. I particular miss those days when you would show up in one of my Toon Tumbler pint glasses.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Best,

Mac Man

This is a letter from the heart! It makes me thirsty for those who cannot imbibe at this time! (I used dictionary.com to make sure imbibe meant what I thought it did! (shrug) )

:idea: This evening I plan to up the ante-I will smuggle one of my Toon Tumblers to the Rancho Mirage Cheesecake Factory and take a picture of it in all it's splendor in a public venue!

Daring? Not really.....

Spectacular? Me no...the Toon Tumbler... yes! (Though my Nana thinks I am pretty awesome-I'm just saying.... :grin:)

Then it's off to see Dinner for Schmucks! I'll post the pics when I get home!

GOOD TIMES!!!

:banana: Chris

Well, I'm not DRINKING any homebrew today but I am MAKING some!

For you homebrewers out there....

5 Gallons of Summer Citrus IPA!

1/2 lb of crushed carapils

1/2 lb of crystal malt

2.5 oz Amarillo hops (60 min)

3 lbs Light DME (45 min)

1 oz Millenium hops (20 min)

1 oz Amarillo hops (10 min)

0.5 oz Amarillo hops (dry hopped)

American 1056 Brewer's Choice liquid ale yeast

After sitting in the carboy for about 2-3 weeks to finish fermenting, I'll bottle these bad boys, and should see them read to drink before/ after the NY Comic Con!

Ok... you got me! It's not a Toon Tumbler--but it IS one big ace mug of beer! But, I did buy it at EPCOT and that's at Disney and they own Marvel. So yeah, I'm covered! Woo hoo!

MODS notified! :sumo:

Better notify them I'm on #2 then and no longer fit to drive (or type)!

Ok... you got me! It's not a Toon Tumbler--but it IS one big ace mug of beer! But, I did buy it at EPCOT and that's at Disney and they own Marvel. So yeah, I'm covered! Woo hoo!

Photo1-1.jpg

Forrest! :hi: Looks like there might be a few brews in that mega mug. Be careful or you might let down your defenses and overspend on these here boards. :whistle:

:think: Actually, you pretty much have all the Silver keys covered, don't you? :shrug: Low grade, baby, low grade! :headbang:

Getting ready for football with this new toon tumbler I got at the local shop today.

wolvie.jpg

You bought that at a shop today????? Hopefully silverandbronze will chime in, I think that's a RARE Toon Tumbler glass.

I'm assuming it's frosted. Is it frosted or just chilled?