• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunites - New York Comic Con Feb. 6-8. 2009

185 posts in this topic

Desert Wind Comics is excited to make the following announcements about upcoming special signings in New York. It is confirmed that we will be having a signing with both Stan Lee and Gene Colan. Look for the press releases on both the CGC site and the ComicPriceGuide.com site. Details on more signings are being finalized as well as a Meet and Greet with Stan Lee in New York. Details on those events to follow.

Desert Wind Comics will be attending the New York Comic-Con www.nycomiccon.com. Submissions are still being accepted. Please go to http://www.desertwindcomics.com for pricing and submission details. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail us.

Chandler and Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Just want to give a heads up to people attending the NYCC who plan to drop off books for Signature Series at the CGC booth.

Please note: While this policy affects less than 5% of the guests of the NYCC, it also affects some of the guests that are expected to be in "high demand". It is not standard policy for all conventions.

Because of the volume of attendees and experiences in previous years at the NYCC, we will not be accepting advance requests for "Full Service SS" (drop off books and we get it signed) for any of the Ticketed Guests and/or guests with limited item signings at locations such as the DC or Marvel Booths (Jim Lee, Geoff Johns are two examples).

Instead, we'll be bringing extra staff Witnesses who will watch the lines for people who already have tickets / want to stand in line and want their books Witnessed for SS submission. People will still need to check in with us to ensure we have a Witness in place.

If it is possible, I'll publish a list here in advance of the show of which creators fall into these categories --- I will definitely have a list available at the booth so please check in with us in advance.

All creators with their own booths/tables are still available for "Full Witnessing Service SS".

ALSO

Some Witnesses are arranging private deals with select creators at or around the NYCC. As the information becomes solidified, some of these Witnesses will be announcing/have already announced advance order details here on the boards.

We'll also have this information available at the CGC booth at the NYCC as to who has spots open for private signings and on which days the signings will take place.

Just want to give a heads up to people attending the NYCC who plan to drop off books for Signature Series at the CGC booth.

Please note: While this policy affects less than 5% of the guests of the NYCC, it also affects some of the guests that are expected to be in "high demand". It is not standard policy for all conventions.

Because of the volume of attendees and experiences in previous years at the NYCC, we will not be accepting advance requests for "Full Service SS" (drop off books and we get it signed) for any of the Ticketed Guests and/or guests with limited item signings at locations such as the DC or Marvel Booths (Jim Lee, Geoff Johns are two examples).

Instead, we'll be bringing extra staff Witnesses who will watch the lines for people who already have tickets / want to stand in line and want their books Witnessed for SS submission. People will still need to check in with us to ensure we have a Witness in place.

If it is possible, I'll publish a list here in advance of the show of which creators fall into these categories --- I will definitely have a list available at the booth so please check in with us in advance.

All creators with their own booths/tables are still available for "Full Witnessing Service SS".

ALSO

Some Witnesses are arranging private deals with select creators at or around the NYCC. As the information becomes solidified, some of these Witnesses will be announcing/have already announced advance order details here on the boards.

We'll also have this information available at the CGC booth at the NYCC as to who has spots open for private signings and on which days the signings will take place.

Do I need some kind of ticket for the artist I asked you about?