• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 Christmas Gift Exchange Display Thread

206 posts in this topic

OK, seeing that no one else wants to, I'll start. I opened mine up before I headed out of town. This is what CDaBruce sent me:

First up, a few cool modern GGA books:

ss-3.jpg

Next, discs with lots of Fiction House comics:

ss-2.jpg

Finally, a hc book of Men's Adventure Magazines, containing a great many covers and art from GA pulps.

ss-1.jpg

This is simply awesome! CdaBruce went way above the call of Secret Santa duty. Thanks so much!!! (worship)

I'm glad you liked them. You were a lot of fun to shop for. I noticed we share a lot of the same taste in books. I even bought myself one of those Mens Adventure books.

Merry Christmas Szelim!!

Wow, all I can say is Sardo Numspar hit it outta the park with my gift. Everything he sent I did not have, and every thing he sent I really, really like.

DSC06518.jpg

Thanks a million Joshua I am happy and very humbled by your gift.

Happy Holidays.

Kenny

Kenny, drop everything RIGHT NOW and start reading The Ten-Cent Plague. It is the the top tier of early comics historical nonfiction - though it does not have the visual punch of Steranko's nor the personalization of Feiffer's or Joe Simon's, it offers more nuggets of comics lore than any other one I know of.

I still give a nod to Chabon's Kavalier and Clay, though, noting of course that it is historical fiction.

I told my Secret Santa I was looking for Bigfoot-type creature books and covers. And lookwhoitis did a great job in finding a couple items that I don't have.

First up, a very nice copy of a rather difficult book to find:

2.jpg

Next up, a graphic novel written by Bigfoot. This is hilarious stuff. Didn't even know this existed. My favorite part of the book is when Bigfoot criticizes Chewbacca for not being able to act. lol

3.jpg

Thank you Secret Santa!! You did awesome!!!!!! :applause::headbang::banana:

I told my Secret Santa I was looking for Bigfoot-type creature books and covers. And lookwhoitis did a great job in finding a couple items that I don't have.

2.jpg

Next up, a graphic novel written by Bigfoot. This is hilarious stuff. Didn't even know this existed. My favorite part of the book is when Bigfoot criticizes Chewbacca for not being able to act. lol

3.jpg

Bigfoot-type creature books and covers sounds like a tough request, Santa really came through.

I have no idea who sent me this, but I got a HC of new comic stories based on four Frank Frazetta paintings. I stared at the cover forever this morning. I don't know what to expect from the stories, but the cover alone is a great gift. (thumbs u

Thanks, Secret Santa!

70718.jpg.29c28efe20706fa67850a5966ff3e18f.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Did you find the Sticker inside the Bigfoot book? :banana::banana: :banana:

I asked for flying saucers and worldsbestcomics dug out these ultra-high grade copies:

Thanks Steve! (thumbs u

Lovely set of UFO comics that I've never seen in HG.

:cry:

Wow, all I can say is Sardo Numspar hit it outta the park with my gift. Everything he sent I did not have, and every thing he sent I really, really like.

DSC06521.jpg

DSC06518.jpg

Thanks a million Joshua I am happy and very humbled by your gift.

Happy Holidays.

Kenny

My pleasure Kenny. Hope you enjoy the Ten Cent Plague as much as I did. (thumbs u