• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

I think we knew you were renting the space and not settling in for the long haul. ;)

Maybe someday you'll pick up a lower grade copy and stay in the club. (thumbs u

Here is the updated list:

TMNT #1 Club

TMNTHeritageAuction.jpg

Blue Label: 54 copies

Yellow Label: 7 copies

Purple Label: 1 copy

Raw: 13 copies

Total: 75 copies :applause:

CGC Universal:

9.8 (W) icculus308win (page 102) Signed by Eastman and Laird on 1st page

9.8 (W) passion4comics (page 89)

9.8 (W) telerites (No pic)

9.8 (OWW) pubmonkey (page 42)

9.6 (W) Hulksdaddy1 (page 97) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.6 (W) Max Carnage (page 70)

9.6 (W) valiantman (page 96)

9.4 (W) Cyberjad (page 13) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.4 (OW) Detroit Mike (page 2)

9.4 (OWW) mrmitchgro (page 69)

9.4 Rabidwolf (No pic)

9.2 (W) TMNT (page 1) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

9.2 (W) tornay (page 44)

9.2 (OWW) Jeffreykli (page 1)

9.2 (W) accessndx (page 62)

9.2 (W) mikeggg (page 72)

9.2 (W) 4turtles2007 (page 80)

9.2 (W) dane323 (page 86) "Don/Maggie Thompson Collection"

9.2 (OWW) Sonukumar21 (page 91)

9.2 (W) campued1010 (page 92)

9.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

9.0 (W) proventheory (page 26)

9.0 (W) JesterSB (page 45)

9.0 (OWW) hulk181man (page 27)

9.0 Peter Palmer (page 9)

8.5 (W) Hulksdaddy1 (page 98) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

8.5 (W) ChadH (page 41)

8.5 (W) mrmitchgro (page 63, previous owner mikeggg)

8.5 (OWW) whetteon (page 29)

8.5 (OWW) spracknetch23 (page 65)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

8.0 (W) Stronguy (page 18)

8.0 (W) TheAmazing R.J.S. (page 33) Signed by Eastman and salutation on inside front cover

8.0 (W) rwhorn (page 105) Signed and sketch by Eastman on interior

8.0 (W) Jacey (page 106)

8.0 (OWW) sgcomiccollector (page 82) Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

8.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

7.5 joker-fish (page 25) Signed by Eastman with a sketch on inside front cover

7.5 (W) maloney414 (page 31) Signed & Sketch by Eastman on back of slab

7.5 (W) DevilsRain (page 4)

7.5 (W) slackjawcomics (page 76)

7.5 (W) Comedian (page 83)

7.5 (W) Parabellum (page 89)

7.5 (OWW) metallickyrulz (page 82)

7.5 Rabidwolf (No pic)

7.0 (W) Harley Troy (page 104) Signed by Eastman and Laird on interior cover

7.0 (W) lookwhoitis (page 55)

7.0 (OWW) jjfversion1 (page 80)

7.0 (CR/OW) Rmfn33 (page 85)

7.0 Ogami (No pic) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

6.0 (W) thebends1996 (page 25)

6.0 Robbussum (page 27)

6.0 Rabidwolf (No pic)

CGC SIGNATURE SERIES

9.2 (W) PeasOfCrap (page 77) Signed & Sketched by Eastman(4 turtles) and Laird(Splinter & Shredder)

9.2 (w) toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

8.0 (W) jaja-mon12 (page 98) Signed & Sketched by Eastman and Laird

7.0 (W) Archon Turtle (Page 7) Signed and sketched by Eastman

6.0 (W) Mac Man (page 8) SS Eastman only; however, signed & sketch by Laird as well

5.5 toitle (page 77) Signed by Eastman and Laird

5.0 ryanatlas (page 61) SS Signed by Eastman. Signed on slab by Peter Laird, Steve Lavigne & Eric Talbot (page 73)

CGC RESTORED

9.0 (W) Schmakt (No pic) Slight (A) color touch

RAW:

RockMyAmadeus (page 1)

Chainnball (page 14)

woregul (page 30) Signed w/ head sketch by Eastman + Signed w/ 4 head sketches by Laird

Mr. Comicbook (No pic)

Iggy (No pic)

Angela Rose (No pic)

TFL (No pic)

Zombikaze (No pic)

Kaylab (page 63)

4turtles2007 (page 70)

jsilverjanet (page 84)

TheMasterTurtle (page 92)

Sauce Dog (page 93)

Secondly I was going to post asking you guys to at least bid my book to a 9.6 level just to ease my anxiety about auctioning this book off.

Was gonna wish you luck on your auction but, dude, that is some sleazy stuff you just said right there (and likely illegal).

Relax the white knuckles guys. :) Its not shill bidding if you pay for it. I have no problem with someone asking if I will place a legit bid on something. There is nothing wrong with it.

Bidding with no intention of winning is a different matter.

Secondly I was going to post asking you guys to at least bid my book to a 9.6 level just to ease my anxiety about auctioning this book off.

Was gonna wish you luck on your auction but, dude, that is some sleazy stuff you just said right there (and likely illegal).

Relax the white knuckles guys. :) Its not shill bidding if you pay for it. I have no problem with someone asking if I will place a legit bid on something. There is nothing wrong with it.

Thx, but again I was of course joking.

On a serious note if someone wanted me to bid a 9.6 price to get a 9.8 than simple math means I could make some $. hm

...I have no problem with someone asking if I will place a legit bid on something. There is nothing wrong with it.

Why would someone ever ask another person to bid on something? If you want to buy it, then bid on it. But asking for others to bid on it...and asking for it to be bid up to a certain level? That is not right...joke or not.

...I have no problem with someone asking if I will place a legit bid on something. There is nothing wrong with it.

Why would someone ever ask another person to bid on something? If you want to buy it, then bid on it. But asking for others to bid on it...and asking for it to be bid up to a certain level? That is not right...joke or not.

Well if it is a joke then they aren't really asking then are they. :whatev:

I did have a couple PM's from other TMNT #1 collectors inquiring if the book was still for sale the past couple of weeks and I had to keep saying it went to auction.

Not sure how you were educated on business but letting main customer base know about a product they may want is usually a good thing.

I had 4 PMs in the past month asking what I am was planning on doing with the book so I figured I might as well make an announcement so collectors could become aware. Not seeing the harm in that.

Sorry it bent you the wrong way.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Aw come on. Forget that its a 9.8 TMNT 1 for a second, because that's what's sticking in your craw.

Let's say somebody comes on and has a copy of Dazzler 1 in fine condition that they are auctioning on ebay. And they promote their auction with a thread, and invite bids. Who gives a flying fakk? If I'm looking for a dazzler 1 in fine condition, sure, maybe I'll bid a quarter on it. I intend to pay for it and no one is forcing me, so how is that wrong?

What's getting you hung up IMO is the dollar amount 2c

TMNT #1 first print PGX 7.5 sold for $4000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221435877977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Glad I got mine when I did. Do you guys think these prices will drop when the movie craze dies down? I bought my CGC 7.5 for $2200 back in Dec, this is insane.

Edited by Parabellum

While I'm a huge believer in this book longterm, it does seem like there is some over-inflation on 1st, 2nd and 3rd prints going on right now. I think I saw a signed 3rd print in 9.0 sell for over $300 the other day. That's crazy. I expect there to be some pullback after the movie hype dies down and then TMNT 1s will go back into their slow, steady incline.

My copy is only a 5.0 (but a pretty one!) and for a while I didn't know if the price I paid was decent or not. I bought it at the tail end of 2012. Now I can safely say that I paid a great price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221435877977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Glad I got mine when I did. Do you guys think these prices will drop when the movie craze dies down? I bought my CGC 7.5 for $2200 back in Dec, this is insane.

WOW!!! Did you see the hack encapsulation job done to that TMNT?! That thing has more waves than the ocean. That said, the price is staggering considering WHO slabbed it, how it's signed on the outside of the slab....and the overall condition of the comic.

My copy is only a 5.0 (but a pretty one!) and for a while I didn't know if the price I paid was decent or not. I bought it at the tail end of 2012. Now I can safely say that I paid a great price

I feel the same way. Before my purchase I checked the comic price guide and $2200 was what they valued a slabbed 7.5. I felt comfortable so I didn't mind shelling out the cash. This was before they increased the value on their site. I figure I will always get back what I paid if I decide to sell.

WOW!!! Did you see the hack encapsulation job done to that TMNT?! That thing has more waves than the ocean. That said, the price is staggering considering WHO slabbed it, how it's signed on the outside of the slab....and the overall condition of the comic.

I know it looked like . I heard PGX was garbage anyway.

What is interesting are the notes on the PGX label do not refer to the cover signatures. They do have a signature label so I wonder how much it was downgraded with no witness.

Edited by PeasOfCrap

What is interesting are the notes on the PGX label do not refer to the cover signatures. They do have a signature label so I wonder how much it was downgraded with no witness.

Yeah, they were on the case, but had sigs from back in the day on the inside front cover. This was def inflation, as I was expecting this 7.5 pgx to go for 2300-max 3300, even with the hype. We do all know it has wild ups and downs though. A month ago, a 9.2 went for 5200, and two weeks later another 9.2 goes for 4250- Almost $1000 less- crazy. I did place a bid like a Fein, but no such luck.

I agree that after the movie it will continue to show a steady incline. Overstreet and gpa will now have many more sales to base the book on now, and even though more are getting slabbed, it's only going up. Needless to say, anybody who has one is def in the clear as far as resale any day of the week. Hec, even though I own one, I'd love another. I just love this book (Who Doesn't?)