• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

Both copies need to make a charge. The 9.2 is still a grand under what I paid for the 9.0 in the HA auction. I think the eBay numbers are a bit self inflated sadly.

As much as I could give two pieces of doggy poo about what "pq" cgc puts on most labels, even I raise an eye brow at a CA book with "cream to off white pages" on the label. That just seems weird to me. I have no doubt this will keep the price of the 9.2 down.

As for the 9.8, who knows. It's just way off pace at the moment.

-J.

I had no clue that 9.2......or any turtle book has ever received "cream to ow!!" I thought OW would be the absolute lowest for these books. Wow!!

That has to totally ding the final sale price for that book.

I don't think (hope) CGC would slap that on the label without looking very closely at it and ready to back what they designated.

I'm thinking 14,500 or in that neighborhood.

I am predicting $12,500

For some reason think this copy will sell a lot less than my copy just a few months back which sold for $16,500. :(

I think with the movie bombing the TMNT hype took a slight hit going forward.

The best time to sell any hype book is when the 1st preview or photos hit the web. Once it is in theaters its over.

I hope I am dead wrong and the book goes for at least $15K.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I'm thinking 14,500 or in that neighborhood.

I am predicting $12,500

For some reason think this copy will sell a lot less than my copy just a few months back which sold for $16,500. :(

I think with the movie bombing the TMNT hype took a slight hit going forward.

The best time to sell any hype book is when the 1st preview or photos hit the web. Once it is in theaters its over.

I hope I am dead wrong and the book goes for at least $15K.

I don't think the movie "bombed." It actually did well enough to get a sequel. $300M worldwide is pretty good, we're just used to giant Marvel movie numbers.

Actually the movie did "better" than industry predictions, box office wise.

And I don't think anyone who saw the casting, character (re) designs and the first previews actually thought it was going to be "good".

I don't think it will go for what the last one went for though because the movie bump has indeed faded.

I'm still predicting $14-$15k though. There are deep pockets waiting in the weeds on it, of that I am sure.

-J.