• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

As for the turtles book, I'm thinking it will go for $8500ish. (thumbs u

-J.

^^

PM me your Paypal info bud, will send it right over. (thumbs u

What sucks for the seller of the book, he only cleared a little over $7300. :cry:

Your TMNT #1 club member credentials should be revoked for doubting Turtle Power. lol

On a side note, this went for a grand more than the one on CC with "White Pages" on the label. :whistle::foryou:

-J.

I underestimated the power of the Eastman and Laird sketch/sigs. :lol:

BTW, that CC book as a weak 9.6, and the scan was just awful.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=569200

Alas we can never know for sure.... :ohnoez:

-J.

-J.

^^

What sucks for the seller of the book, he only cleared a little over $7300. :cry:

Your TMNT #1 club member credentials should be revoked for doubting Turtle Power. lol

On a side note, this went for a grand more than the one on CC with "White Pages" on the label. :whistle::foryou:

-J.

-J.

Tru dat. :lol:

Payment sent! :golfclap:

-J.

^^

-J.

-J.

Tru dat. :lol:

Payment sent! :golfclap:

Received! Thank you sir. (thumbs u

-J.

I was thankfully surprised my estimate was incorrect.

Glad I hadn't entered any wager ... would have been throwing money away :tonofbricks:

Agreed on the CC scan, doesn't do the book justice.

Not to ignite the PQ debate again, but with a WP going for 7.3k and a OW/W going for under 8.3k and sold just over a month later, has the market swung that much for this CGC grade? (or any other 1st prints for that matter)

Hasn't movie hype died down or is the train still chugging along? hm

Edited by Gump24601

Glad I hadn't entered any wager ... would have been throwing money away :tonofbricks:

Not to ignite the PQ debate again, but with a WP going for 7.3k and a OW/W going for under 8.3k and sold just over a month later, has the market swung that much for this CGC grade? (or any other 1st prints for that matter)

Who knows the book has been all over the map at least in 9.6. There was that 10.5k sale referenced in the pedigree auction. That one had unwitnessed sigs. Then there was the 8500 on ebay with no sigs. Then the CC one and now this one. If you average them all together the value is probably slightly more than it was before the movie came out, which is a good thing since many books experience a post-movie slump (eg all those guardians of the galaxy related books).

-J.

In my experience there is definitely some post-movie fatigue setting in. With the caveat that I haven't sold any TMNT 1 first prints recently, which has its own unique market, I have sold about a dozen different miscellaneous TMNT books in the last month and the interest has dried up. Books that I was selling with ease and for great prices I am now having trouble breaking even on. I do think the market will balance out moving forward but right now seems like a tough selling environment.

In my experience there is definitely some post-movie fatigue setting in. With the caveat that I haven't sold any TMNT 1 first prints recently, which has its own unique market, I have sold about a dozen different miscellaneous TMNT books in the last month and the interest has dried up. Books that I was selling with ease and for great prices I am now having trouble breaking even on. I do think the market will balance out moving forward but right now seems like a tough selling environment.

*waves to everyone*

I'm waving because I'm the guy you're all looking for. :blush:

About two months ago, I had zero TMNT books and decided that I wanted to collect all of Volume 1. I wasn't sure if I wanted slabs or raw, but after scouring the interweb auctions and forums, I started buying. And more than I originally thought, too. Now i have a bookshelf filled with books from almost every comic book publisher who produced something for TMNT... and a much smaller bank account.

Now that I've completed the bulk of my purchasing (I opted for raw over slabbed) and have no more money, I'm diligently looking to fill the gaps in my collection, while offloading duplicates in order to fund their replacements. And since the very beginning, I've been keeping an eye our for the more rare books that I might find at a decent price.

But as you've all mentioned, I've spent my money and am now doing a lot more 'watching'. There is an obvious slow-down for me (as a buyer) and I can see more and more books being listed, which now gives me a much broader base to pick from. I also figure that a lot more copies are coming to light as people list their childhood collection or are intentionally searching for them in attics and garage sales, thinking they'll make a huge profit.

Regardless, I figure if I wait a month or two the movie hype will drop a bit more, my bank account will replenish, more books will be available, and I'll start buying again. Of course, I'll always make a play at what I think is a good deal, but for now... I'm making popcorn and finding a comfortable seat.

:popcorn:

Who knows the book has been all over the map at least in 9.6. There was that 10.5k sale referenced in the pedigree auction. That one had unwitnessed sigs. Then there was the 8500 on ebay with no sigs. Then the CC one and now this one. If you average them all together the value is probably slightly more than it was before the movie came out, which is a good thing since many books experience a post-movie slump (eg all those guardians of the galaxy related books).

-J.

It was $11,500 for the Pedigree auction one.

Yeah unfortunately it was me on 8/25/09 who raised the GPA way back than. I was jonesing for one at that time......having both Sigs as a blue label - I wanted to own that book no matter the cost.

(Moreover, at that time, Jeff still had the sole 9.8.......and I thought no more in sight doh! )

My third print arrived from CGC on Friday!

Since I can't swing a 1st Print, I figured owning a Second and Third with White Pages would be the second best option. :)

TURTLE POWER

TMNT12ndand3rdPrints_zps92993207.jpg

Edited by TXReplicant

I would buy it, but that $95 shipping fee...

How much is insurance to cover a $15K book?

USPS only insures packages up to $5,000. However, for your reference, $5K insurance on a Priority Mail package is currently $65.

USPS only insures packages up to $5,000. However, for your reference, $5K insurance on a Priority Mail package is currently $65.

That would be tacked on to regular shipping so $95 isn't too extreme.

That would be tacked on to regular shipping so $95 isn't too extreme.

Insurance at that value is less expensive via Express Mail. Shipping and insurance up to $5K (max insurance for this service) would average around $55-$60

Priority Registered insured for $15K would run about the same.

My #1 1st print from the US was only insured on the slip for $100! :ohnoez:

Very glad it arrived safe and sound!