• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

How much did you cough up for that one?

Not at much as you would think. I got super, super, amazingly lucky buying it raw :headbang:

:o

I don't wanna even know do I?.......I bought mine at the peak and it was slabbed. You are a patient and therefore smarter man. (worship)

You definitively don't want to know. However I still don't think you got a bad deal. Your copy is arguably the nicest ever sold (thumbs u Anyways, WTF are the chances of finding a raw 9.6 anyways? I just got very, very lucky.

Well I thank-you for making me feel better about my price compared to your steal. I am happy I pulled the trigger on my book, for I love it dearly. Timing can be a person_without_enough_empathy though!!

Hopefully it will go to one of my sons if they are into the hobby, if not a TMNT Boardie gets first crack.

As for the chances on a WHITE 9.6 raw book.....I thought slim to none...... and slim already left the building!! That is quite find. In my eyes that makes your book like a once thought extinct animal, that has been rediscovered. You give hope that others are indeed still hiding.

The number 1s in higher grade have taken a little bit of a drop in price. But I think this is temporary. Nickolodean bought the rights to TMNT for a huge sum of money about a year or so ago. They havent done anything with the brand yet, but once they start making shows and movies, the books are going to see another surge.

Scored myself another raw #1 1st print.

Pictures of it looked amazing, so I'm crossing my fingers and trying to pull in the luck of Cyberjad. lol

Buying books like this based off of digital photos is such a tough call to make and risky (for me). I've already been swindled once by a less than poor self grader. 9.0 actually grading 7.5 ughhhhhh. But then again I blame myself for not being knowledgeable enough at the time of purchase.

This time around I feel more confident.

Having the book overnighted so hopefully I will have a better guess tomorrow as to what cgc may give me. So this means the next 5-8 weeks are gonna kill me as I stress out over what my grade may be.

My goal is to make a Volume 1 collection in 9.6 - 9.8 . So far, so good. #1 1st print is going to be the toughy.

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

I sort of "give up" buying any comic book I really WANT, raw, too many problems. So until I strike it rich, I am living with the fact I won't be getting a #1 9.6 or 9.8 anytime soon :o

A person must have some sort of super-luck to find a raw 9.6+!

-Pete

I'm anxious to see what they have in the works. They have A LOT of money and resources. Hopefully they taking their time to do it right.

Helleva book you found man.

Everyone has seen the new cartoon they put out a few months ago right? Turtles Forever? I personally thought it wrapped up all three recognized grouping of the turtles rather nicely! (thumbs u

Greetings, everyone.

I collected TMNT as a kid and have recently submitted my first printings of issues 1 - 4.

Seeing everyone's excitement over finding ungraded copes and/or waiting to get their graded comics back has only made me even more excited to hear how my issues stack up.

I'll be sure to post when I hear.

Good luck with your books! 1-4 is what started my cravings to get the whole set graded.

Welcome to the boards. Everyone here will be sure to increase your love for the turtles.

I'm anxious to see what they have in the works. They have A LOT of money and resources. Hopefully they taking their time to do it right.

Helleva book you found man.

Everyone has seen the new cartoon they put out a few months ago right? Turtles Forever? I personally thought it wrapped up all three recognized grouping of the turtles rather nicely! (thumbs u

I have not seen it yet. Heard about it, good things overall, just haven't got around it.

Good luck with your books! 1-4 is what started my cravings to get the whole set graded.

That's what I am afraid of.

Embrace it. Just remember...your children can pay for college their damn selves!

Or this will pay for my child's college tuition.

Nah........ haha not happening.

Not sure if there are specific sections in here as I am new to this forum... I have no idea how I never found this site before!!

I know a number of you on here who are fans of the TMNT universe who already know who I am, but for those who do not, I am a Canadian film producer, who is behind the phenomenon wide TMNT Documentary, which has been in production for the past two years. For those of you who have not heard of this documentary it is now in distribution negotiations, which will hopefully see it hit the screens in the coming year or so. I would send you to our web site, but it has not been updated for more than a year and does not really represent what we have done to date anymore.

For now I am looking at the possibility of selling off some very special pieces in my collection. I acquired these while shooting with Kevin and Peter during the documentaries many tours with the guys. The pair of Gobbledygooks are in amazing condition and signed by both parties in 2009. Like I say these are pretty special to me, but due to a financial situation I am looking at the possibility of moving them. If you are interested please drop me an email at: isaac@iproductionsonline.com for more info.

Thanks!!

Isaac