• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

artturtleskirby.jpg

artshredder.jpg

It is cool stuff.. Not my thing but still fun.. these are pictures from Mark.. according to him, the Shredder was possibly at the Words and Pictures museum at one point..

Edited by bogglekng

I'm pulling out things from my collection to sell to help fund my new #1. As seen in my last post I listed my cgc 9.2 turtlemania.

I also came across this single sheet Mirage Order Form for T-Shirt Iron Ons and Issue #1. Its a "legal size" document 8-1/2"x13". Folded squarely in half.

Also attached by staple is a personal note on Mirage stationary by Peter Laird.

Read the note attached. Pretty cool, as it seemed to of originally gone to someone involved in comic industry. Editor of fanize book "the legion outpost" (google it). Im still unsure of the editor's last name.

I do not know how these order forms were distributed.

Think this may have some value?

TMNT_OrderForm1.jpg

TMNT_OrderForm2.jpg

Out of all my turtle pieces this and Turtlemania were the only things i could muster up to sell. lol

Edited by DJB

Not strictly COMIC related, but definitely TMNT related, so I thought you'd enjoy it:

So as you may know, Turtles in Time is really really hard to find. Even harder if you want it in good shape. Klov.com rates the game a 12 out of 100 for rarity (100 being most common).

Anyway, I've wanted a Turtles In Time 4-player upright for a long long time, but have never been able to find one in good enough shape that is close enough to me.

Then today I see this on ebay:

CFIfVgmkKGrHqZiIE1Mkf-iRBNUHvlp2w_3.jpg

When suddenly I am reminded that I purchased a working Turtles In Time JAMMA board several years ago:

IMG_20110207_220025.jpg

So I swoop down on the Side Art, since complete sets INCLUDING the control panel overlay are few and far between.

On a lark, I then do a quick search for a Turtle in Time marquee. And low and behold there is one for pretty cheap! Swoop!

CdhEGg2kKGrHqFl8Ez0SF42BNDCf7h7-w0_12.jpg

"But Archon, you still don't have a cabinet!"

Well friends, the cool thing about all of the 4-Player Konami Titles (TMNT, TMNT:Turtles In Time, The Simpsons, Sunset Riders, G.I. Joe, X-men) is that they ALL use the exact same cabinet.

So I get on the horn with a few distributors I know, and it turns out that there is a guy in Los Angeles proper with a Sunset Riders cabinet. It is currently sight unseen, but I am going to be checking it out in the next couple days. If it is indeed still in a 4-player konami, I'm nabbing that .

Costs so far:

NOS Side Art + Control Panel Overlay: $300

Marquee: $20

JAMMA Board: $0 (Already had it in the collection)

4-Player Konami Cabinet: ???

SUPER cool!

My 2011 project is to fix up my arcade cabinet. I'm particularly fond of 4-player beat-em-ups like TMNT. I've got working JAMMAs of this and the first TMNT game along with X-men...I'd like to own a Simpsons once all is said and done. I'd like to build a multi-game system with a quick board switch.

Very cool that you got all the original stuff. I, for one, will LOVE to look at the finished product. Be sure to post it. If I'm not mistaken, you've already got a TMNT pinball machine. They'll look great together.

A friend of mine just forwarded me a text with the following picture.

Story is my friend's co worker was childhood friends with one of Kevin Eastman's ex wives kid..... got that one? lol

Apparently Kevin painted one of the wall's in the kids room of the 90s cartoon Turtles in sailor uniforms. (not pictured) Sailor uniforms.... IDK why. Must of been what the kid liked?

This said kid's best friend was a huge turtles fan also. Kevin supposedly painted this portrait of issue #14 for him on canvas.

The painting looks amazing. But I don't know how legit the whole story is. Also, looking down at the bottom of Casey's foot is a small signature? Looks a little blurred but doesn't seem Kevin Eastman to me. BUT IDK!?

Either way, what an awesome painting to have on canvas.

15art.jpg

Edited by DJB

As far as the blurry blue sig there, that is actually the "Eastman ''88" sig he used on the original piece. And having seen the original painted cover for that issue, I can say that that "canvas" piece is 100% identical to the original painted piece. So I tend to think that if Kevin were recreating this cover on canvas that it would be at least a little different, if not intentionally that probably by accident. It wouldn't surprise me if someone used a cover proof to create this and that Kevin had 0 influence on its creation.

As far as the blurry blue sig there, that is actually the "Eastman ''88" sig he used on the original piece. And having seen the original painted cover for that issue, I can say that that "canvas" piece is 100% identical to the original painted piece. So I tend to think that if Kevin were recreating this cover on canvas that it would be at least a little different, if not intentionally that probably by accident. It wouldn't surprise me if someone used a cover proof to create this and that Kevin had 0 influence on its creation.

I second that. It looks too precise to be painted..