• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

Am I bummed that Mirage won't be putting out the TMNT anymore? Yes

It's especially a shame because I was really getting into the various storylines the brothers were going through. In volume 4, the brothers have all ventured out on their own and they're around 30 years old. Don is the size of an action figure and gets around using a full-size robotic body, Raph is a big Turtle/T-Rex hybrid, Mikey is in space with the Triceratons, and Leo just stumbled into the battle nexus. All very unique storylines that may never be finished on an official level.

Am I bummed that IDW picked up the Turtles? No

I have my reservations about the new TV series and the new comic line, but I'll certainly give both a shot. For the time being, I'll take solace in knowing that the Turtles are coming back at all. I don't think their popularity will ever be as strong as it was in the late 80's/early 90's, but I'm always happy to hear they appear in the mainstream media every few years to keep the fanbase going. :)

I just wished MIrage could have wrapped everything up for their storytelling side of it all. I would have loved to see like 5 more books at least which each covering a decade of the remainder of the turtles lives.. Just would have been nice to watch it all come together full circle.

Laird, Lawson, and Dooney ended up releasing one more issue online that was more or less completed but never saw print. I honestly wouldn't mind if the open story arcs were finished in such a fashion, I just don't know if the creators are interested in finishing them.

Of course, I still hold out hope since Laird reserved the right to put out more comics even with the sale of the franchise. Whether or not he'll exercise that right is questionable, but it's something.

Here's a tough one: TMNT #1. This is the Gamestop Variant that was given out as a pre-order incentive for the TMNT video game that was released alongside the 2007 movie. I have no idea what the print run is on this, but in my experience it's the hardest #1 reprint to track down, harder than the PBBZ, FCBD, and the colored 2009 reprints. Given that the game wasn't very popular, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that this had a print run lower than a 1st print #1. Maybe it's just the survival rate that's low since I imagine many gamers just tossed them out.

An added bonus for me on this one is that it's signed by Kevin Munroe, the director of the 2007 movie. If I ever get a chance, I'll ask the previous owner how he came about the signature. This is top census tied with one other 9.6.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-GamestopVariant96.jpg

Picked this up recently. Bill was nice enough to give me a certificate and signed the interior cover. It's hysterical and of poor taste at the same time.

TMNTADULT-1.jpg

Thanks Stephan for brokering the deal!

Awesome!

Awesome find on the video game reprint.

Thats the 1 book I thought I'd have the toughest time getting that high of a grade.

(besides #1 1st of course)

I put some books in the mail today on their way to CGC. When they come back, I'll have every spot in the Volume 1 registry filled except for the #2 Counterfeit. :banana:

I put some books in the mail today on their way to CGC. When they come back, I'll have every spot in the Volume 1 registry filled except for the #2 Counterfeit. :banana:

So you're the dude who paid $1500 for the fake #1 on ebay? :idea:

So you're the dude who paid $1500 for the fake #1 on ebay? :idea:

Nope, but the #1 counterfeit isn't part of the registry. :idea:

I'd love to get my hands on some counterfeits for my collection (for historical posterity), but the guy selling the one you mentioned wasn't convinced his was a counterfeit and was asking for authentic-level prices, so I passed.