• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

You guys don't know how amazing those signatures look to me. I am insanely envious, especially since I had wished that Kevin had shown up at NYCC the past two years.

I have ONLY been collecting the toitulz to have it signed one day by either Kevin or Peter. I want them to sign MY BOOK - versus buying someone else's book already signed. It's sort of like a female magically growing huge breasts versus going to get a boob job. It would have made me feel good about myself to have the "real" thing.

So - I am a little sore that I can't enjoy the way you guys are - but I hope I don't come across as a Debbie Downer.

You guys are on an amazing roll - don't stop! Keep them coming because I am rooting for you!

-Pete

This is sort of neat. Don't think I've seen one of these graded...how does it fit in a slab with how thick it is? Would LOVE to own the cover art to that book...

Graphic Novel

And Adam, that SS is stunning!

It's in the magazine size slab. They are larger slabs. (thumbs u

Yea, I know magazines are larger but these books are pretty thick, besides being longer than normal books, which is what surprises me. I guess I just didn't realize they could CGC such thick books!

This is sort of neat. Don't think I've seen one of these graded...how does it fit in a slab with how thick it is? Would LOVE to own the cover art to that book...

Graphic Novel

It's in the magazine size slab. They are larger slabs. (thumbs u

Yea, I know magazines are larger but these books are pretty thick, besides being longer than normal books, which is what surprises me. I guess I just didn't realize they could CGC such thick books!

lol

I just checked to make sure it would be a magazine size, and it totally fits. (I have the book and several CGC magazine slabs.)

I'm not sure what the cut off is for the books thickness, but I the slab itself is 5/8 inch thick.

Graphic Novel

Thanks...and thanks for pointing this out. If I win it, I'll post more detailed pics. (thumbs u

lol

I just checked to make sure it would be a magazine size, and it totally fits. (I have the book and several CGC magazine slabs.)

I'm not sure what the cut off is for the books thickness, but I the slab itself is 5/8 inch thick.

Very cool. Maybe I can send in my collected "phonebook"!: collectedbook.jpg

Thanks...and thanks for pointing this out. If I win it, I'll post more detailed pics. (thumbs u

Good luck! The only thing I hope they got right is that its a 1st printing. All printings, up to at least the 5th or so, have listed that November 1986 printing, along with the additional printings of course. Most comics just have "second printing" or whatever; these guys list ever printing and I could see someone maybe missing it. And 1st printings of this book are NOT very common.

I don't think I've shown this off yet, but I was able to pick this up a few months back from board member Timely.

This is the original art to TMNT #54. It's one of my favorite covers from the City at War storyline (along with #50 and #58). The colors are so vivid on it...A.C. Farley did a fantastic job on this from beginning to end.

TMNT54Cover-Watermarked.jpg

Awesome, Jad! Congratulations!

If you're ever looking to let it go, you know where to find me.