• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,355 posts in this topic

That is located in the gallery that I am managing for Kevin right now. I'm there all day every day. You guys should come say hi :-)

I wish...I'd definitely take you up on that if I lived anywhere close to California.

Aw Adam, I lub yoo tew! <3

lol

During one of Eastman's recent appearances, this time with Ken Mitchroney, a buddy of mine was able to get a quick sketch from Ken. For those who don't know, Ken was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures artist and as such, his art style reflected more of the original 80's cartoon than the original comics. As such, I had to ask for a Mikey sketch.

TMNTMitchroney-Michelangelo.jpg

Big thanks to Joel Elad for getting this for me! (worship) He was also able to get a bigger team shot from the event. It's very big, though, so I'm still working on getting a scan.

That is located in the gallery that I am managing for Kevin right now. I'm there all day every day. You guys should come say hi :-)

I wish...I'd definitely take you up on that if I lived anywhere close to California.

+1 I would love to see all of this in person.

Some random shots I took of the Kevin Eastman TMNT signing and Grand Opening event of his gallery at Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles where he set up a temp studio.

Artwork on the walls are from the current IDW series along with Kevin signing and sketching for the fans.

119599.jpg.ca81f38822e24f544700bed6acb7269f.jpg

119600.jpg.33c809008d32e9645d886dc2ff55648e.jpg

Great pictures!

With the help of some image composite software, I finally have a good image to share of the piece Ken Mitchroney did at the recent appearance. :) Big thanks to Joel for landing this for me. Currently my largest piece of OA; commission or published.

TMNTMitchroney-TeamWatermarked.jpg

Adam, that is awesome. I never liked the "animated" style Turtles until the 4 player video game came out. After spending about $900 on that game, I am just as nostalgic for the animated turtles as I am the B & W "real Turtles. Congrats on a real masterpiece.

Very cool to see, Stephen. I was told there was a Splinter and a Shredder there, but I didn't see a picture. Glad you ended up with them. :)

Also, the piece is 14" x 17"

Wow nice! That is really cool.

I have a Q. In that picture with Kevin, in the auctions... There seems to be a #1 on the wall. It says $600? What is that? I think I want to buy it!

That would be $600,000 :cry: ...the art in that picture is the first Eastman & Laird Turtles drawing

Wait, he want's $600,000 for that!? Gimme a break. The original art from the entire first issue only sold for $250,000. Sorry, it's cool and all, but that price is reDunkulous. He seems to overestimate the value of his stuff. I love Eastman but C'mon...

I have a Q. In that picture with Kevin, in the auctions... There seems to be a #1 on the wall. It says $600? What is that? I think I want to buy it!

That would be $600,000 :cry: ...the art in that picture is the first Eastman & Laird Turtles drawing

Wait, he want's $600,000 for that!? Gimme a break. The original art from the entire first issue only sold for $250,000. Sorry, it's cool and all, but that price is reDunkulous. He seems to overestimate the value of his stuff. I love Eastman but C'mon...

To be fair, that $250,000 price tag was several years ago...my guess is that it'd go for MUCH more if put on the market now, especially if the seller split up the pages and cover.

Also, in an interview about the piece, he scoffed at the price tag. It seemed pretty obvious that he doesn't want to sell it. However, he'd be foolish to not seriously consider any offer that even approached the asking price. People do stuff like that on ebay all the time. They put up a nice item and ask a ridiculous price for it. It likely won't sell, but it'll draw some attention (just like the Eastman piece).

Finally, I wouldn't quite say he over values his stuff. Keep in mind that he sketches for free at every appearance he does out of appreciation for his fans. Also, the latest string of covers he's done for IDW have sold on ebay and he's started every one of them at something very low (99 cents or something like that) so the market can decide what the value is. My guess is that there's some sentimental value attached to the earlier stuff. Imagine how life-changing the TMNT were for him. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of it all either. My 2c

To be fair, that $250,000 price tag was several years ago...my guess is that it'd go for MUCH more if put on the market now, especially if the seller split up the pages and cover.

Also, in an interview about the piece, he scoffed at the price tag. It seemed pretty obvious that he doesn't want to sell it. However, he'd be foolish to not seriously consider any offer that even approached the asking price. People do stuff like that on ebay all the time. They put up a nice item and ask a ridiculous price for it. It likely won't sell, but it'll draw some attention (just like the Eastman piece).

Finally, I wouldn't quite say he over values his stuff. Keep in mind that he sketches for free at every appearance he does out of appreciation for his fans. Also, the latest string of covers he's done for IDW have sold on ebay and he's started every one of them at something very low (99 cents or something like that) so the market can decide what the value is. My guess is that there's some sentimental value attached to the earlier stuff. Imagine how life-changing the TMNT were for him. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of it all either. My 2c

This. All of this.

Hammer + Nail + Head = Adam's post.

:grin:

New work! and this one is pretty special to me.

As some of you know, I've been doing General Manager duties over at the 35 days of Kevin Eastman gallery at Meltdown comics.

Well, 2 nights ago was our last night, and we happened to have tattoo artists on hand. So Kevin and I get an idea to have him sketch on me, and then have it inked directly into my skin. We chose Splinter and Shredder on my leg.

Took him about 10 minutes to draw it, and about 3 hours for Bok to ink it.

Tattoo is done by Bok of Kayden Creations in Los Angeles.

I couldn't be happier with the result!

KevinTatSketch3.jpg

KevinTatSketch2.jpg

KevinTatSketch1.jpg

Boktat1.jpg

Boktat2.jpg

finaltat3.jpg

finaltat1.jpg

finaltat2.jpg

Edited by Archon_Turtle