• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

BTW if anyone else is interested in TMNT books I am going to be putting a bunch of sweet ones up for sale soon. They are all from the collection of Peter Laird and all slabbed. Mirage let me kind of hand pick through their offerings, so these are some of the best from his collection. They will range from some pretty inexpensive stuff, to some pretty high end stuff.

PM me if you want more details.

I don't think I've shown this off yet, but I was able to pick this up a few months back from board member Timely.

This is the original art to TMNT #54. It's one of my favorite covers from the City at War storyline (along with #50 and #58). The colors are so vivid on it...A.C. Farley did a fantastic job on this from beginning to end.

TMNT54Cover-Watermarked.jpg

Fantastic piece, Adam - congrats!

That is stunning!!!! nice original.

I don't think I've shown this off yet, but I was able to pick this up a few months back from board member Timely.

This is the original art to TMNT #54. It's one of my favorite covers from the City at War storyline (along with #50 and #58). The colors are so vivid on it...A.C. Farley did a fantastic job on this from beginning to end.

TMNT54Cover-Watermarked.jpg

So what's the story on Gobbledygook? there was a 50 print run and then another release? How rare is the second release?

Not exactly. Yes, Gobbledygook 1 and 2 had a hand assembled print run of 50 copies each. However; what became the "second release" of "Gobbledygook #1" had very little in common with the original release. They are similar in general format, but not so much in content. There is SOME repeating content, but not very much.

Sadly, the second Gobbledygook #1 is common.

So what's the story on Gobbledygook? there was a 50 print run and then another release? How rare is the second release?

Not exactly. Yes, Gobbledygook 1 and 2 had a hand assembled print run of 50 copies each. However; what became the "second release" of "Gobbledygook #1" had very little in common with the original release. They are similar in general format, but not so much in content. There is SOME repeating content, but not very much.

Sadly, the second Gobbledygook #1 is common.

For reference:

Gobbledygook #1 & #2

Gobbledygook1.jpgGobbledygook2.jpg

The later, more common release:

Gobbledygook1SS.jpg

A super significant addition to my comic collection today! These are the Ashcan editions of Bob Burden's Flaming Carrot Comics 25, 26, and 27. Each with a print run of 1000 -- I've very seldom seen these at all, let alone within my price range. Not only did I find all three of these from the same collector, but they are in fantastic shape and I got a good deal!

100_8302.jpg

Tom,

I was under the impression that there was another 9.8 that cropped up several months ago. Telerites' copy was the lone 9.8 for a couple of years, but IIRC the second one has been in play for months.

Tom,

I was under the impression that there was another 9.8 that cropped up several months ago. Telerites' copy was the lone 9.8 for a couple of years, but IIRC the second one has been in play for months.

Yep, the #0947085001 one in Tom's link above is telerites' copy which was graded back in 2008. The other copy has a 1042260008 serial and traded hands back in August.

Signings at "Lost Angeles: 35 Days of Kevin Eastman" at Meltdown comics in Los Angeles:

December 2nd - Dan Duncan, Primary Artist for IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be in our gallery signing with Kevin Eastman from 8-10pm. Come meet 2/3rds of the Creative Team of the new book and make them sign your stuff!

December 7th - Legendary Archie TMNT Adventures artist, Kevin Mitchroney will be here signing with Kevin Eastman from 7-9pm. Come meet Kenny at his first Turtles signing in over 15 years! A CGC Witness will be on hand for collectors who want to take advantage of this Signature Series opportunity!

Signings at "Lost Angeles: 35 Days of Kevin Eastman" at Meltdown comics in Los Angeles:

December 2nd - Dan Duncan, Primary Artist for IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be in our gallery signing with Kevin Eastman from 8-10pm. Come meet 2/3rds of the Creative Team of the new book and make them sign your stuff!

December 7th - Legendary Archie TMNT Adventures artist, Kevin Mitchroney will be here signing with Kevin Eastman from 7-9pm. Come meet Kenny at his first Turtles signing in over 15 years! A CGC Witness will be on hand for collectors who want to take advantage of this Signature Series opportunity!

Anyone here interested in seeing some pics of Kevin at the 11/30 gallery opening that was just held at Meltdown this week? Kevin is a really cool and nice guy to fans I have to say.

I stopped by to finally meet him after missing out on his signing at Long Beach Comic Con this year. There were a bung of OA for sale on the walls from his IDW comics, Heavy Metal stuff, a plaque with the very first TMNT prototype cover and investment check from his parents to start too.

Edited by BaronV

Turns out I do have my hardcover but I don't think heading out to LA mid week is in the cards for me. I'll get it signed eventually. Anyway, if you don't own the hardcover yet I highly recommend it. It's nice and oversized, the interior pages are matte finish which is a big plus for those who read under a lamp, and it has full color cover images. If it had Fugitoid it would be perfect, as it is it's the best TMNT collection yet in my opinion. A great price too.

Can't Make it to 35 Days with Kevin Eastman, but want to buy a layout page? We can do that! Each page of Kevin's original IDW layouts are $125 Shipped ($100 if you come to the gallery and buy one -- which you should totally do!). Contact Stephan Reese (ittstephan@hotmail.com) for a list of pages still available (Pages are from IDW TMNT #1 - #4). Paypal only please

All Pages come framed!

IMAG0484.jpg