• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,357 posts in this topic

Here's one that's a bit frustrating. :pullhair:

The first time I submitted one of these error variants, I got a 9.4 blue label. I got it back and after about 10 minutes of looking over the book, I finally saw the flaw. Ok, my fault. :tonofbricks:

I submit a different copy that looks even better hoping to get a 9.8...and I get this one:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01ErrorSS96.jpg

Not bad, but I can't see anything wrong with it. Add that to the fact that there are 19 9.8 SS copies on the census, so it's not like the issue is too tough. It's just me. I think I'll just wait for an ebay copy. This just isn't my issue. lol

Here's one that's a bit frustrating. :pullhair:

The first time I submitted one of these error variants, I got a 9.4 blue label. I got it back and after about 10 minutes of looking over the book, I finally saw the flaw. Ok, my fault. :tonofbricks:

I submit a different copy that looks even better hoping to get a 9.8...and I get this one:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01ErrorSS96.jpg

Not bad, but I can't see anything wrong with it. Add that to the fact that there are 19 9.8 SS copies on the census, so it's not like the issue is too tough. It's just me. I think I'll just wait for an ebay copy. This just isn't my issue. lol

Send it to Megacon for an onsite resub :whistle:

Cool books, but SO MANY VARIANTS! Don't let IDW kill their latest goose. I know they're going to do some, that's who they are and how they survive. A little restraint would be nice, just saying.

Now that that is out of my system, how many have there actually been on the new series? And does anyone have a spare one of the second to last issue of V4 with the sketched interior cover?

And (most importantly), is the variant of #1 the only TMNT Sam Kieth has done, or is there more?

Cool books, but SO MANY VARIANTS! Don't let IDW kill their latest goose. I know they're going to do some, that's who they are and how they survive. A little restraint would be nice, just saying.

Now that that is out of my system, how many have there actually been on the new series? And does anyone have a spare one of the second to last issue of V4 with the sketched interior cover?

And (most importantly), is the variant of #1 the only TMNT Sam Kieth has done, or is there more?

There's a *slight* chance I ended up with 2 of these... I'll probably be too drunk to check when I get home tonight, but I'll take a look in the morning and see if I managed to pick up a second copy of this. <3 Volume 4!

SO MANY VARIANTS... and yet, no digital. :sorry:

http://www.ninjapizza.net/2011/04/more-details-on-idws-comic-book-plans.html

Definitely by summer, eh? :(

Edited by Mac Man

I just checked the census and it looks like there are 5 (FIVE) 9.8's - first print!

I thought it was only 3, just a few days ago....

Anyone knows who got that lucky?

Sorry to switch the subject - I was talking about the original 1984 version.

I just checked the census and it looks like there are 5 (FIVE) 9.8's - first print!

I thought it was only 3, just a few days ago....

Anyone knows who got that lucky?

Sorry to switch the subject - I was talking about the original 1984 version.

This was brought up a few days ago in the TMNT #1 club thread. I'm sure it won't be too long before another comes up for sale. Keep your eyes peeled.

I showed this off before, but now that I've got a scan instead of a picture, I figured I'd do it again. This was an absolute STEAL from Josh Warner at Mid-Ohio in 2010. He had a big panel of this work behind his table and I asked if he and a print or the original for sale. He said he didn't but I rummaged through his box of stuff for sale anyway. As luck would have it, he only thought he didn't have it anymore. What was even better was that it came with original pencils, blue line inks, and a color print! I was very happy to pick it up.

TMNTWarner-Leonardo1-1.jpg

TMNTWarner-Leonardo2-1.jpgTMNTWarner-Leonardo3.jpg

No I dont have a picture of the Salutation written, but when I bought it from the seller he told me what it says. Because he first bought it off Heritage Auction and this is true I see the red sticker on the back of the CGC. I will now tell you what the Salutation says !

"Louie, I never would have made it this far if not for the kicks in the butt when I needed them, and words of confidence. Thanks for everything ! Best always, Kevin B. Eastman".

That's what the Salutation reads, now this Louie guy runs a restaurant store where Kevin worked at when he was younger. He does talk about him in some of Kevins interveiws. and thats all I know about him. This was a once in a liftime purchase that I just could not pass up ! A true Holy Grail for me :cloud9:

Edited by TheAmazing R.J.S.

Here it is boys :headbang: my copy of TMNT #1 first print :banana: whats cool about this comic that it used to be Kevin's book, that he signed to give to his boss where he first worked ! Now it found its way to me :whee:

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

I love being a Turtle :cloud9:

That's great!! Welcome to the club! :applause:

I remember a previous owner of that book discussing it here in this thread. Very nice copy to have. (thumbs u

*I have a few more books that I just received back. Thanks to Joel_Elad for getting this batch signed by Kevin Eastman. (worship) I much prefer to submit my own books to get signed because I can "aim" the signature. I like having signatures in the blank areas so it's noticeable and it doesn't obscure any art. In some cases it's easier than others, but I'm happy with how this batch came out. :)

First off, other than the error variant, this was the only real disappointment. With so many other 9.8 copies on the census, I thought for sure the raw copy that I had was an easy 9.8. I thought wrong. :tonofbricks:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles3496SS.jpg

I think when these next 2 were submitted, there were no SS on the census. Since then, a few others have shown up. #7&8

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles07SS.jpg

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles08SS.jpg

I keep improving on this one, but it's a slow process. Many copies of this issue had some sort of printer's crease on it, keeping it well out of 9.8 range. This one is as close as I've ever seen, so I'm happy. #28

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles2896SS.jpg

Probably my favorite stand alone story from volume 1 was Hall of Lost Legends, so I'm happy to finally upgrade to a 9.8 SS (I had a 9.6 SS before). #43

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles43SS-1.jpg

Now I just need to find Rick Arthur so he can sign this one. #44

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles44SS.jpg

Just like #28, this one has been tough to find in 9.8. In fact, of the first 15 books, this is the only one that Eastman or Laird worked on that STILL doesn't have a 9.8 copy (there are 2 Universal 9.4's and now this). #14...such a cool cover!

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles1496SS.jpg

Return to New York is an AWESOME storyline. This is my first SS copy in the run. #20.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles20SS.jpg

Finally, one I wasn't sure would ever happen, #16 in 9.8. It's not an Eastman/Laird book, so it's not as collectable/sellable from a dealer standpoint, so it's tough to find. Add in the black cover that easily shows creases and you've got a tough book. I love the sig placement...this one looks great.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles16SS.jpg